News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Project For Sale

Started by Slade_Stone50, December 13, 2007, 06:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

$67,500  not too bad i suppose for a sublime 440, 4-speed dana car.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

A383Wing

About an hour from my place....  :scratchchin:

Bryan  (don't need another project)   :brickwall:

Slade_Stone50

Not to far from my place either, will try to go this weekend and get some pics.

gtx6970

$67,500 and it's missing the nose. And this is a good deal. ?????????????

wingfan

Just guessing, but finding an originial nose plus all the headlight parts, seals, etc. would probably add $10k.

hotrod98

Quote from: wingfan on December 14, 2007, 05:57:14 PM
Just guessing, but finding an originial nose plus all the headlight parts, seals, etc. would probably add $10k.

I doubt that you could find an original setup for that price. A repro steel nose and the best repro headlamp parts would run almost that much. There aren't a lot of intact, rust free original noses out there. I think that many of the people that own superbirds think that they have an original nose when iin fact they probably have a repro built by Gean Gregory.
In Gean's own words, he said that he built a lot of them in the 80's and 90's and they must be out there on cars somewhere. They're virtually indentical to the originals only maybe a little nicer. I certainly wouldn't know the difference.  :shruggy:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

petercharger

tried to post pictures the car's whole front is gone, fender hood nose etc..also its rough and really should be in the 20's at best..e-mail him he will send u pictures
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

triple_green

This guy is a savy mopar guy. Everytime I sell a car he and his buddy come and look at it. His name is Randy.

I have the pictures he sent out and I think the car is rough too. I don't think it would go for more than $30K on Ebay. It is a great car, but what is it worth finished? $100-120K. It needs a rotissare restoration and needs everything; and is missing the nosecone.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

FJMG

Quote from: hotrod98 on December 14, 2007, 07:02:48 PM
Quote from: wingfan on December 14, 2007, 05:57:14 PM

They're virtually indentical to the originals only maybe a little nicer. I certainly wouldn't know the difference. :shruggy:

When I met Gene in the 80's, I seem to remember him  telling me that the only difference was that he made the cones out of sheetmetal that was one gauge heavier.

wingfan

69_500

Just curious how a car that is being described in the add at a nice car, with no rust, is the same one people are saying is just a horrible car in this thread? Are you guys sure its the same car? Just wondering. It wouldn't be the first time that someone misled someone in an advertisement.

nascarxx29

A friend of mine got a Gene Gregory nose for his daytona when they first came out in the 80-s.It was a thicker gauge as mentioned A friend of mine with a mopar restoration business.Had do modify to get the nose contours right .Since then the nose is still on the car and looking good
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69_500

Thank you for the 2 that sent me photo's of the car. It is a rough car, but its not nearly as rough as I was thinking when reading this thread. I don't think it fits the description of the add though. I'll admit it isn't the worst thing I've seen either though. If it was a 6 pac car in that condition I don't think he would have any problem getting the asking $65K. Being that its a 4bbl car, I'd say around $40-42K tops.

moparstuart

Quote from: nascarxx29 on December 15, 2007, 05:24:43 PM
A friend of mine got a Gene Gregory nose for his daytona when they first came out in the 80-s.It was a thicker gauge as mentioned A friend of mine with a mopar restoration business.Had do modify to get the nose contours right .Since then the nose is still on the car and looking good
wayne perkins hit a deer in his silver hemi daytona in the late 80's and put a gregory nose on it . It looks ok but it's not the greatest fit !!!!!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Hemi_tyme

triple_green

Hey...he's dropped the price to $62.K....wooo...hoooo! ;)
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

oldcarnut

The link was flagged for removal.  What happened?    :shruggy:

A383Wing

pettybird

another white decal/black interior car...

moparstuart

sure looks to be orignally white decal 's , wonder is its numbers and date are close to rick's ???

pettybird

call rick, and ask him over your 4 hour conversation, you can ask him.

Ghoste

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on December 26, 2007, 01:23:01 PM
i'll leave that to you brother

69_500

Well I don't have anything planned for New years eve, maybe I'll give Rick a call at around 7 PM on 12/31/07, and I'll be able to get off of the phone by 2 pm 1/01/08.  :smilielol:

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on December 26, 2007, 02:15:21 PM
Quote from: pettybird on December 26, 2007, 01:23:01 PM
i'll leave that to you brother

I do plan on calling him sometime soon...  wish me luck!

69_500

God Speed fair soul.  :cheers:

If you call him now, the call may end before the new year.

pettybird

that year would 2010?  if he had a cell phone we could talk straight until minnesota next year!

PocketThunder

Quote from: pettybird on December 27, 2007, 11:07:21 PM
that year would 2010?  if he had a cell phone we could talk straight until minnesota next year!

Actually use a cell phone to call with a half dead battery, that way when the phone battery dies out you can end the call.  :rofl:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

It was probably about 3 years ago now, but I called him one night at 8:15 pm, and asked him if he was ready to sell his Daytona yet or not. He starting talking about a million other things, and didn't answer me on the Daytona. The next thing I know my wife comes down stairs to the living room, where I'm sitting on the couch, and asks me "Are you coming to bed tonight at all?" Which is when I looked at the clock on the wall and saw this 2:45am. At that second I told him I needed to get off of the phone so I can get some sleep, as I leave for work at 4:30 am everyday (at that time anyways, new job now I sleep in until 4:30 am now). Finally got him to say that he was going to bed when it was 3:30 am. Its a good thing I have unlimited minutes on long distance for a set price, other wise my wife would kill me on those every other month calls to Rick.