News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

i need to get a carb on a budget

Started by MOPARMAN25, December 11, 2007, 07:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOPARMAN25

i need to find a 4 barrel carb to put on my 68 charger 383.im just getting into mopars......i dont really know where to start.no place i called in my area had one for me....im trying to buy used....i cant really afforg 300-400.....any sugguestions on what carb i should get....or where to find it?  i hate looking loke a dummy.....but..... ;D

JimShine

MOPARMAN25

im not a huge fan of edlebrock carbs...i like holley.are they all interchangable?...or is there a specific model holley makes for mopar?

Ghoste

Basically, they are all interchangeable.  You could run into some situations where a little adapting is needed but if you are looking used, you are most likely going to run into one of their universal models.

74Charger

Quote from: MOPARMAN25 on December 11, 2007, 08:22:25 PM
im not a huge fan of edlebrock carbs...i like holley.are they all interchangable?...or is there a specific model holley makes for mopar?

It sounds like you somewhat new to cars and general repair.  By the sound of your question.  Not that its a bad thing.  I consider myself a novice at this hobby.  Compared to others on this site.  Going on that.  I would highly recommend an Edelbrock carb over a Holley.  Based on the fact.  That they are extremely easy to work on, adjust, and repair.  Compared to a Holley.  In a matter of no time and some easy instructions.  you can change all your jets, rods, springs and adjust your floats.

For every day use, an Edelbrock is more reliable in my opinion and many others on this site.  If you are comfortable working on carbs.  And want more adjustments from your carb.  Then a Holley, Proform or Demon would be more to your liking.  For the amount of money you want to spend.  you can buy a new Edelbrock out of the box. 

Just my $.02 But buy nEdelbrock
74' Charger
03' 2500 4x4 CTD

471_Magnum

"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."