News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Swap roofs??? Help please.

Started by charger_cody, April 26, 2008, 08:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_cody

We found this 1973 roadrunner at a salvage yard.... i was wandering if the roof would fit on my 74 charger, since it is rusted around the back edges above the rear window.

please get back to me.

hemi-hampton

Is that Curious Yellow 71 Challenger convertible from Detroit area, Sure looks like one I restored? As for the roof I dont think they will fit but just assuming. LEON.

71_Charger_R/T

The roof skin is the same part number in my book (71 - 74) Charger and Satellite (Satellite 2 door only) Part # 3445833  some people will disagree as the roof pillars and Dutchman panel are not the same, but those are not part of the Roof skin. I replaced my '71 roof skin with a '73 Charger roof skin and people have told me they are not the same because of the drip rails. But again, those are not part of the skin. They go on the inner structure before the skin.    Hope this helps.

charger_cody

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 26, 2008, 10:01:09 PM
Is that Curious Yellow 71 Challenger convertible from Detroit area, Sure looks like one I restored? As for the roof I dont think they will fit but just assuming. LEON.
well it is a 71 challenger convertable but not sure my father got it from..

charger_cody

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on April 28, 2008, 10:35:04 AM
The roof skin is the same part number in my book (71 - 74) Charger and Satellite (Satellite 2 door only) Part # 3445833  some people will disagree as the roof pillars and Dutchman panel are not the same, but those are not part of the Roof skin. I replaced my '71 roof skin with a '73 Charger roof skin and people have told me they are not the same because of the drip rails. But again, those are not part of the skin. They go on the inner structure before the skin.    Hope this helps.
thanks man that covers everything...

looks like i have a roof to cut off..... :2thumbs:

wonder how it will look...

evil1

Don't forget to post pic's of the progress.