News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Wiper Linkage Bushings?

Started by 66charger73, August 27, 2005, 08:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

66charger73

My 73 is nearing completion after nearly 9 months, but the only thing I haven't found that I really need is the windsheild wiper linkage bushings for the pivots. I don't know where I can find them or who might make them? Motormite has part #49440 listed for some mopars 74 and up but I don't know if it's the right part and I would have to order it. What do you guys think?

http://www.motormitedormancatalog.com/item.wws?qty=1&mfr=MOTORMITE&sku=49440&price=&cookieID=1LM197B9U1LM1AU21R

Ghoste

Have you tried the dealer?  It's surprising how many of those small parts like bushings were used across a bunch of years and applications.
Is it a nylon or brass one?  It may be possible to get some made if you can befriend a good machinist.

mopar_madman

I just did my 73 they are the nylon bushings. If I remember right I bought mine from R/T specialties at one of the shows. Most of the resto places carry them.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

RD

you can get them from the dealer.  they are the same that were on the trucks all the way up to 91!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

tecmopar

Advance auto parts and AutoZone carry them in the HELP section. Its the aisle in the store that has all of the red Help parts, all the little do-dads, door handles, odd ball brake parts etc etc for older cars, good luck.

Mr_fixit

I got some from napa , about $4 for a pair.

911bear

:yesnod: i got mine from napa also 4.00 for the pair
1974 DODGE CHARGER SE BROUGHAM - CURRENTLY
CARS I HAVE OWNED :
4 - 1969 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH GRAN FURY W/ COVER UP HEADLIGHTS 2 DOOR
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER
2 - 1973 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - CHRYSLER CORDOBA
1 - 1984 DODGE RAM TRUCK

RD

do the ones you guys bought from napa come with grease already on the bushings?  just curious.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

71superbee

HELLO

TRY YOUR LOCAL CHRYSLER, DODGE, OR JEEP DEALER. I AM PRETTY SURE THE PART # IS 3799089 AND THEY DO COME WITH THE WHITE GREASE IN THE CUP OF THE BUSHING. THE BUSHINGS LIST FOR 3.10 EACH AND YOUR LOCAL MOPAR DEALER SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET THEM FOR YOU.

GOOD LUCK
                                                                                                          RICK GARLAND
                                                                                                          PARTS MANAGER
                                                                                                          BLOUIN CHRYSLER DODGE HYUNDAI
                                                                                                          AUGUSTA ME 04330
                                                                                                          1-207-623-3846   EXT 122

PS   THESE BUSHINGS HAVE A SMALL LOCATING TAB ON THE SIDE AND ORIGINALLY ARE WHITE, BUT APPEAR YELLOWISH AFTER YEARS IN SERVICE.

Mr_fixit

73Charger

A BIG Dealer is the best bet.  I tried all my local stores and they did not carry them. pep boys, autozone - could order them from motormite they said, advance, etc. But my local largest dodge dealer had 10 in stock.  They are beige with grease in them.  Took me a few minutes to realize the only way to really install them was to take the whole wiper assembly out. install the bushings into the arms, them squeeze them back together and then insert the whole assembly back in doing a couple while they were in.  just did mine last week when my wipers suddenly stopped on me and I realized mine were totally gone, and one was partially still there but finally broke and couldnt do it anymore.
1973 Charger SE 318 060 over, edel 1405, added elec choke, Mallory CD Ignition, Hdrs, to Dual Ravin Exhaust, Go-Wing
Restoring for cruising. I drive her during the summer.

Bob

Got mine also from Autozone and Track Auto.

Wakko

In the middle of mine right now on the fury...it's a pain in the ass, not sure how to get it all together.  Argh.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Bob

On my 74 it was easiest to take out the assembly and install them.

RD

Quote from: Wakko on October 03, 2005, 02:51:45 AM
In the middle of mine right now on the fury...it's a pain in the ass, not sure how to get it all together.   Argh.

if you need a diagram I have a 73 parts manual i could scan for ya.