News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

big wing superbee

Started by v10bee, December 27, 2007, 06:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

v10bee

Thinking about building a winged Super Bee similar to the Dayclona Super Bee. Anybody seen it in person? It's a sweeet looking ride. I want to be a little different. To many cloned Superbirds and Daytonas. What do you think?

hotrod98

Dayclona was selling the kits for $35,000. They have since discontinued them but if you offer enough money, I bet Mike could churn out another kit for you. I say go for it. 
I was working on a wing for a 71 Charger that I have, but haven't done anything with it lately. They're completely different than either of the other two wings. They're wider and raked differently. The nose is completely different and the fenders have to be modified. The fender scoops are different as well.
Keep us up to date if you decide to build one.
I sort of shelved my 3rd gen wing car idea temporarily to work on my daytona and superbird recreations.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

Quoterecreations 

i like that word  :coolgleamA:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

C_stripes

At one time I was going to do that with my 70 Coronet 500. I was going to paint it top banana with black top and C stripe and int. I was going to use the  regular C stripe but change the name to KING BEE and do something different with the bee. I was going to use a bulge hood because I like  the look of the nostrils and I wanted A/C on a 440 4bbl auto.  I thought it would look cool. 

Jeremy
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

hotrod98

Quote from: C_stripes on December 27, 2007, 11:21:37 PM
At one time I was going to do that with my 70 Coronet 500. I was going to paint it top banana with black top and C stripe and int. I was going to use the regular C stripe but change the name to KING BEE and do something different with the bee. I was going to use a bulge hood because I like the look of the nostrils and I wanted A/C on a 440 4bbl auto. I thought it would look cool.

Jeremy

You're going to hate me, but I'm cutting up a 70 R/T bulge hood to make my wife's bird hood. I paid a lot of money for that hood and hate like hell to cut it up but that's the hood that she wants.

Should look something like this one when finished.

Charles Addams

daytonalo

Tell her it cant be done !! Women will believe anything !!

UFO

That style of hood has been done before.Seen it on a video I got from DSAC.
Good choice,that will look a lot better that the flat hood.The bird hood needs some kind of flowing lines.

daytonalo

I would start with NO VINYL TOP !!!

moparstuart

here is mine with an air grabber
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

and here it is before with an ugly six pack scoope on it 

hotrod98

Quote from: daytonalo on December 28, 2007, 02:04:49 AM

Won't work with my wife. If I tell her that I can't do it, she'll be on the phone trying to find someone that can or worse yet, she might just start cutting on that hood herself.
Remember, she's the girl that designed her green cuda. She knew exactly what she wanted and she got it.

Quote from: moparstuart on December 28, 2007, 10:10:57 AM

That looks good Stuart. Can't remember if I've seen pics of how you made that hood. Was it a 70 Runner hood that you used as a donor for the air grabber?

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on December 28, 2007, 12:00:29 PM

Won't work with my wife. If I tell her that I can't do it, she'll be on the phone trying to find someone that can or worse yet, she might just start cutting on that hood herself.
Remember, she's the girl that designed her green cuda. She knew exactly what she wanted and she got it.

That looks good Stuart. Can't remember if I've seen pics of how you made that hood. Was it a 70 Runner hood that you used as a donor for the air grabber?
it was a real superbird hood with a six pack scoope , then i bought a 20 inch wide center section out of a air grabber hood at a swap meet that had already been cut out.  So i didnt ruin a good air grabber hood  .  They make the center section hole now aftermarket but not back when i started this project. I thought hard about a shake hood hole instead but felt air grabber fit the project better.  My buddy Milt woods has an air grabber on his real superbird and i loved it .   I will post pictures of the whole process one day 

BigBlockSam

there was a  yellow one on ebay . a while back .  . a yellow coronet with a big wing on it . maybe brock has a picture of it . it looked real good too. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on December 28, 2007, 12:00:29 PM

here is a picture of the under workings  on the air grabber , It is all hooked up and working

moparstuart

this car of waynes has a superbee scoop style hood also