News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct location for hood pins on '69 Daytona?

Started by NYCMille, December 28, 2007, 01:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

Quote from: johntpr on December 29, 2007, 06:28:08 PM
That's correct..there is no handle on the latches....

:iagree:

The Daytona safety latch was a re-used part taken from the '69 Charger hoods that were removed at Creative.  They simply took the retaining clip off of the pull rod and removed/discarded the pull rod.  The '70 Charger's safety latch lever/handle actually hits on a Daytona's latch tray, which is probably why Creative didn't use that style.

A little sidetrack here...
One of the interesting things I see in the pictures of the hood latch is overspray on the latch itself.  Most other original cars I've seen had latches with no overspray, and Chris Sauer's car had no overspray AND mis-matched bolts (an F6 Green bolt on an R4 car).  If Jeremy's friend's hood was never repainted/repaired/touched-up by Creative Industries, the selling dealer or the owner, then that's a significant point.  I'd be interested to know if there is paint underneath that latch.  If there isn't any paint, then it means Creative was not consistent with their assembly procedures - at least with that car.  That wouldn't come as much of a surprise, would it?

The hood pin bezel holes on the driver's side were really off-kilter, weren't they?   :o 

Also, it looked like the Daytona-only hole behind the battery is there...   :scope:

Lots of good reference pictures there, Jeremy - thanks for posting them!

69_500

I don't remember seeing it at the Mopars at the Strip, but that might have been the show. I don't recall what show it was, but I know i shot some photo's of it, and it looked familiar. Then again I think you have posted a few photo's of the car in other threads, and I questioned whether or not it was the same car I had heard of being for sale about 4-5 years ago.

C_stripes

He bought the car in 03 or 04.  The car was never advertised, We found it threw word of mouth.  I was told there was a Blue with white int and stripe daytona sitting in this area in Idaho. So i told my friend about it and we went looking. We found the suposed place and walked up to the quanset hut door and looked threw the window. I could see the wing sticking up in the back of the shop. But it was not blue. It was red.  We tracked down the owner and he agreed to let us look at it. My friend asked if he wanted to sell and he said the amount that would buy it and they agreed on it. But the car was not advertised since the early 90'sish. Then it was in KY I think.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

UFO

Vegas show,,,Same car right?

C_stripes

Thats the car. That was about 2 or 3 months after we got it.  Galen looked at it and said that he was impressed with how complete it is. It still has its factory locking gas cap and a rubber shield underneath that he said usually got taken off when the oil got changed and never put back on.
Jeremy

Here is the gas cap, 
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.