News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look what I scored on E-Bay

Started by MsMopar, January 23, 2008, 08:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsMopar

Rocker molding clips for 68 RT/69 Charger 500.  I don't know anyone that reproduces these so thought they might be good to pick up. MsMopar

PocketThunder

:2thumbs:
do you have the rocker moldings for your car to use them with?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

MsMopar

Of course I do! Just don't have them on yet. The reason, it's ffffrrrreeeezzzzing. I'll put them on in the spring.  :D MsMopar

arrow

Quote from: MsMopar on January 23, 2008, 08:54:26 PM
Of course I do! Just don't have them on yet. The reason, it's ffffrrrreeeezzzzing. I'll put them on in the spring.  :D MsMopar

great pic of the clips , would you mind posting a pic of the C500 rocker mouldings ?? think I have a set , but not sure what they look like .

Magnumcharger

Quote from: arrow on January 23, 2008, 09:30:57 PM

great pic of the clips , would you mind posting a pic of the C500 rocker mouldings ?? think I have a set , but not sure what they look like .
They're the same as R/T rocker mouldings...but more "Aerodynamic".....
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

chargerman68

nice score if i threw what they were :slap:
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

arrow

Quote from: Magnumcharger on January 23, 2008, 09:43:44 PM
Quote from: arrow on January 23, 2008, 09:30:57 PM

They're the same as R/T rocker mouldings...but more "Aerodynamic".....

And your sure about that ??? Im not trying to be a wise guy here - I really dont know , but Ive heard different  ???

MsMopar

I don't have any pics of the moldings but the difference is regular chargers are smooth where the 500 (and 68 RT) have horizontal ridges. Not sure if my description helps but I'll try surfing the web for a picture of them on a car. MsMopar

69_500

Right, the rocker molding for a C500 are the same as was used on a 68 Coronet if I'm not mistaken. So they shamelessly used the front grille, and the rocker moldings from those cars. The regular Charger rocker mouldings are smooth where as the C500 mouldings have several grooves running the length of them.

PocketThunder

Charger Aficionado (sp?) has a NOS set he bought off ebay a couple years ago.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Paul 500

This is the best pic i could find of them.  (the ones on my 500 were taken off long ago, i've had to get the standard ones)
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

MsMopar

Not too bad of a pic. at least you can see the pattern on them. Does anyone know of a source of reproduction clips for them? Like I said, I don't think there is, but that could have changed with new products being offered all the time. MsMopar

69_500

I don't know of anyone reproducing those clips. Then again my car didn't come with the M25 mouldings, so I haven't really looked inot those clips as something to purchase either. Story would be entirely different though if my car had come with them.

daytonalo

It is no wonder people thought Mopar were junk years ago , take a look at that photo , do you see the wonderful job they did with the rocker and lower qtr seam ?? What a half ass job they did back then , it should be no wonder why they went bankrupt.

Larry

69_500

Who exactly thought that Mopars were junk years ago? And last I checked they didn't go bankrupt, the K car kept them from that as well as the minivan.

I think the only people who were thinking that Mopars were junk were those who weren't into them until they became something cool to have.