News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 Head change/ headers

Started by mally69, January 04, 2008, 11:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mally69

I have a mild built 440 that has 906 with no port work, well i was planning on buying a set of 440 sources aluminum heads for my engine. But i have 1 3/4 hooker super comps, if i used 440 sources heads would those headers have to go to 1 7/8  or would the  1  3/4  be ok ???

Ghoste

I think for now you'd find they are okay.  What is the rest of your combination?

Challenger340

Be careful, or you may encounter an actual performance "loss", by switching to the aluminum head combo from the iron heads.

Like Ghoste says, whats the rest of the combo ?

Bob out.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

NMike

the aluminum sucks alot of heat out of the combustion chamber. a 9:1 compression ratio will be boarder line on good. 10.5 would be better. plus if the valves are too big compared to your old head you'll lose a bit of power too.

firefighter3931

The 1 3/4 headers will work fine.....it might lose a few HP up top but it will make lots of power down low....it really depends on the cam profile and where the power comes in at. For best results you want 10:1 or more compression with the aluminum heads. You can have them milled if the static compression ratio needs to be increased.  ;)

What pistons are in this motor ? How far below deck are they ?

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mally69

right now my piston are dombed  10.34 comp with 88cc heads ( 906 )..  the cam is a comp magnum 292 dur .501 lift  244@.050 TM-7 intake. The deck height is very close to the factory  i made sure i was very conservative when i had this one machined  It is bored .30 over

firefighter3931

Quote from: mally69 on January 05, 2008, 08:27:59 AM
right now my piston are dombed  10.34 comp with 88cc heads ( 906 )..  the cam is a comp magnum 292 dur .501 lift  244@.050 TM-7 intake. The deck height is very close to the factory  i made sure i was very conservative when i had this one machined  It is bored .30 over

That will work just fine with the aluminum closed chamber heads.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mally69

awesome, looks like ill be switching heads as soon as they are released  :cheers: :cheers:

Silver R/T

stick a supercharger on it, youll make up lots of hp :) afterall aluminum heads are ment for boost
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

mally69

Quote from: Silver R/T on January 05, 2008, 02:36:22 PM
stick a supercharger on it, youll make up lots of hp :) afterall aluminum heads are ment for boost

Thats what my 512 is for  ;)

Street stalkers supposedly make on heck of a supercharger