News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Metal polishing...any suggestions on companys?

Started by AKcharger, December 31, 2007, 01:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

I saw one place highlighted in a MOPAR Action/Muscle, place that polished and re-alodized aluminum trim...I need the window trim done on my '72

Any ideas?

Thanks

Shakey

There is a place in Southern California that did the trim for my '69 grille.  They did a great job.  I can't think of the name of them at the moment.  I am sure I mentioned it here on this site, maybe searching for anodized etc. may turn up something.  If I can think of it, I'll post it.

no318

JB's Metal Polishing in York NE.  TOP notch work.  Reasonable prices.  402-362-6066, www.jbpolishing.com 

UFO

If your willing to do your own.I've had great results with products from the Eastwood co.

AKcharger

Thanks MO...I'll give 'em a call

...Thanks for the suggestion UFO and if it was stainless steel I'd do it but aluminium needs to be treated or it will dull in no time

Shakey

no318

I think that they did send my out for the anodizing process, but , stripped old anodizing, straightenend, and polishied there. 

daytonalo

I plan on buffing the sh..t out of it , then clearing it . I have a Vega plug in my daytona , which has non-stainless trim .

Larry

AKcharger

Quote from: daytonalo on January 03, 2008, 10:52:33 PM
I plan on buffing the sh..t out of it , then clearing it . I have a Vega plug in my daytona , which has non-stainless trim .

Larry

Larry

I'm with ya' but if the trim is polished like feces then is will be extremely smooth (shinny)...I'm thinking the clear would simply peel right off since it has nothing to adhere too?