News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Early drag pics

Started by 65post, September 28, 2006, 09:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

65post

Keystone dragways Winnipeg Canada.
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

Troy

Isn't Jim McCauley's 3rd Daytona a race car from Canada that's black with a red tail stripe? I remember seeing what looked like gold paint on the lower quarter but my memory is fuzzy and I don't have any pictures of the doors or fenders. ??? All three of those pictures show different drivers/sponsors so was that car around for a long time?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

different hoods 'n wheels too,..
Those are Great!

THANKS!

tan top

awesome pictures , thanks for posting  :thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

THE CHARGER PUNK

nose is leaded into the fenders and valence as well-MATT

3--Daytona

Well folks, greetings to all,,you too Troy,,Danny,,Geno;;;;;;;;Beyond any shadow of doubt, no question about it,,,those pic are of my black,red interior,red wing Daytona. As I understand the story,it was turned into a drag car as soon as it came off the transport. I belive the Century Motors people were the first to run it. Im pretty sure that Denis Darling was the last one to run it.
   Im not sure how long it ran,but the speedo reads 15000 mile. That nose and hood are fiberglass. I found some orginal timing card's in the car,,now if I could remember where I put them.   
       Thanks Geno , and thanks to who ever sent the pic, in.
                 MAY ALL YOUR CARS BE MOPARS-----                    3--daytona

Troy

I thought so Jim but I didn't want to post the few pics I have since I wasn't sure how many people have seen the car. I'm sure it looks a lot better than it did when I saw it! That's pretty cool to see the car back when it was new.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

tan top

would be intrested in seeing  some pictures of your daytona   .       is  it  still wearing that color scheme ( 3--Daytona ) ,
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

3--Daytona

Troy;; No problem about discussion of the black car.A lot of people know about it anyway.
         I guess I should explain were it has been last several years.
        Shortly after I bought the car in Canada, I under went open heart surgery, followed by the onset of a severe case of Parkinson, as you know I still put up with today. I lost all interest in car's as wel as most other things. But today the black is setting in the shop, totally apart, sand blasted, waiting for the body shop.
         If and when it ever gets finished, Im sure it will be welcomed by the red "show car daytona" as well as the"green survivor" daytona.          Have a great day.     
                                                                                          3--daytona

69_500

Glad to see that you still get on here Jim.

It was great spending time with you and Jerry there at the Monster Mopar.

I saw the top picture in this thread and thought instantly to the photo's that you had at the show.

Glad to see that I wasn't that bad at remembering things.

moparstuart

Quote from: 3--Daytona on September 30, 2006, 11:11:17 PM
Troy;; No problem about discussion of the black car.A lot of people know about it anyway.
        Shortly after I bought the car in Canada, I under went open heart surgery, followed by the onset of a severe case of Parkinson, as you know I still put up with today. I lost all interest in car's as wel as most other things. But today the black is setting in the shop, totally apart, sand blasted, waiting for the body shop.
         If and when it ever gets finished, Im sure it will be welcomed by the red "show car daytona" as well as the"green survivor" daytona.          Have a great day.     
                                                                                          3--daytona
so jim what configiuration are you restoring it back to ? Race form and look fiberglass stuff  or stock/ steel ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

QuoteI lost all interest in car's as wel as most other things 

:yesnod:  yea , i uderstand that. the same thing happen to me when i got sick a couple of years back. i hope you feeling ok now . i dig your car . good luck with it. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on June 15, 2008, 04:57:18 PM
Quote from: 3--Daytona on September 30, 2006, 11:11:17 PM
                                                                                          3--daytona
so jim what configiuration are you restoring it back to ? Race form and look fiberglass stuff  or stock/ steel ?

stock, and from the pics I saw last year it'll rival the red car...he had a pic of it on a spinner and you could see him so clearly it doesn't dawn on you immediately you're looking at his reflection in the roof panel!

moparstuart

cool the red car is so nice , wow black looks great when it's done nice .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

Doug beat me to it. The photo's I saw of it last year at Carlisle were very impressive. Looks like it will be a real stunning car once completed.

3--Daytona

Hi Everybody-- I guuess a little up date is due,,,,people will be thinking the black car is a myth.   Actualy, it is still setting in the shop much like it was 6 mon ago. Just when I was really getting after it,,,,, puting it togather, I had small accident.  I was on my 4--wheeler, trying to get a 1000 pound cow into a pen,, suddenly she realed around and charged  me and 4--wheeler.( I was going about 10 mph at the time) Turned me and 4-wheeler over,cow then jumped over 4--wheeler, and proceed;d to gore me on the ground. That would of been it if wife had not been 100 yards away.  I came out with a broken hip and a screwed up knee. Spent next 40 day;s , (hosp,, & rehab,) in hosp, bed. The 40 days gave my Parkinson,,time to get ahead of me.
          I WILL finsh the black car, there is noIF, here.    Thats where me and black car are at.            Jim

hemi68charger

Quote from: 3--Daytona on June 19, 2008, 07:35:02 AM
Hi Everybody-- I guuess a little up date is due,,,,people will be thinking the black car is a myth.   Actualy, it is still setting in the shop much like it was 6 mon ago. Just when I was really getting after it,,,,, puting it togather, I had small accident.  I was on my 4--wheeler, trying to get a 1000 pound cow into a pen,, suddenly she realed around and charged  me and 4--wheeler.( I was going about 10 mph at the time) Turned me and 4-wheeler over,cow then jumped over 4--wheeler, and proceed;d to gore me on the ground. That would of been it if wife had not been 100 yards away.  I came out with a broken hip and a screwed up knee. Spent next 40 day;s , (hosp,, & rehab,) in hosp, bed. The 40 days gave my Parkinson,,time to get ahead of me.
          I WILL finsh the black car, there is noIF, here.    Thats where me and black car are at.            Jim

Lordy Jim !!!!!!  You're one tough cookie.........................  Sorry to hear about the incident.................  Still got the cow?   Them things are down-right strong....... Glad to hear X9 will be up and going, sounds like you have a plan................... Hip Hip Horray for your wife.............................

Take care buddy...... Look forward in crossing paths again, but leave the cows home..................

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Blown70

Quote from: 3--Daytona on June 19, 2008, 07:35:02 AM

WOW growing up on a farm I have been privy to a few chargings.. .NOT FUN.  I think you should stay in the shop with the car..... you do not have good luck otherwise....

Best of luck on the car. and HEAL UP.

Tom

hemigeno

Jim,

Very sorry to hear about your little excursion with the cow.  I think I'd have been eating steak & hamburger for a few weeks after that...

Your black car is going to be phenomenal when it's completed, if the pictures of it that I've seen are any indication.  Neat car, with a neat history to boot.

Hope you get back up and running around soon!!

Gene

69_500

Was totally unaware of the accident with the cow Jim. Man I need to call you more often to keep up with these cow stories. Last time I called you, someone had torn down part of your fence and some cows were getting out then. Hopefully everything is going better now, and looking forward to running into you and Jerry at a few shows this summer.