News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Funky screws wtf????

Started by Ghoste, October 04, 2005, 03:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

So here I am, quietly doing the conversion on this 4160 Holley to give it a metering block on the secondary.  I open it up and wtf???  It has some kind of funky screw holding the metering plate in there.  I haven't seen a screw head like this before so I guess, it's another specialty tool I have to buy.  I don't know how to describe it exactly.  It reminds me somewhat of a clutch head screw but it is in the center of the head.  Sort of like a butterfly's wings.  Arrrgh.

There rant off and back to work now.

Runner

arent those cool?   sometimes you can get a flat bladed screw driver to get them to come out.  you can also get a bit like that as well.  i have have the correct driver for it but its probably 30 years old at least

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

Ghoste

30 years old?  No kidding?  I have never seen those before.

Chryco Psycho

Ghoste

They're out now.  I wrecked a small screwdriver getting them out but they're a lot cheaper to replace than buying the specialty driver (esp if I only use it once).

John_Kunkel

I took an old common screwdriver and ground the shank to fit those Holley clutchheads.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Ghoste

That's a great idea John.  Thanks.

cudaken

Some times I wonder why the heck do they keep messing with stuff, hex head's, tourques heads, inverted tourques head's etc. Think it a plot my self to sell more tool's.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Ghoste

Must be.  They don't hold any better and they don't turn any differently.  I can't see any cost advantage to any of the alternate screw heads.

Chryco Psycho

definatly , they invent screws to sell more drivers
I would just buy a small magnetic tip for my Snap On screwdriver before buying a whole screwdiver just for the Torx or clutch head screws

Ghoste

For the amount I'm ever going to use them, I have set of Torx drivers from Canadian Tire (read, cheap set for the US Charger lovers) and if I see a set of clutch head cheapies, I'll spend the couple of bucks maybe.  I've gotten along without them so far.