News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Triple black 69 R/T SE is home,it was real.....

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, January 12, 2008, 10:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

Thanks again guys for the compliments,never thought I would actually land one of these, as a triple black Charger has been my long desire and like I wrote before there were many times I was on the edge  to change my B5 car to trip black,but just could'nt bring myself to do so.Partly because of this forums members  writing about really liking the B5 white top white stripe combo,and the fact that I will soon be starting the body and paint on friend and member "RT/SE" triple black R/T SE 4spd stripe delete car ,so I will always be seeing one anyway.Well,now there will be 2 in our town!
  The begining of the auction had all the red flags of being a scam,but it was fairly close to me,and being what was described,I could not leave a stone unturned!!! After phone  contact,the tone of the conversation assured me it was real,made the trip the next day to see,and the rest was history!!!
   PocketThunder,of course I opted to not take the motor as I can build one for alot less.Actually,I will be searching for a date coded 69 HP block for it.I would choose not to mention what I actually paid for it,not like it matters because beleive me,I have never any intensions on selling this one.I will be keeping the blue car as well.He basically told me the price,it was not negotiable,but I thought it was more than fair for what I was getting.
     Did'nt realy get into the details of how the car came so here goes.......the car you see,matching #'s tranny,brand new redlines,rims,lugs,center caps,new accurate exhaust,new leaf springs,new door , roof rail and trunk gaskets,new door handles,new hood mounted turn signal kit,new mirrors,new buddy seat cover,new hood liner,shocks,complete front end rebuild kit,battery tray kit,the grille all restored,new 8 3/4 posi ,all the orig AC stuff,mint exhaust manifolds,the ORIG intake,jack was all in place as well as the tailight cover.Saw my truck and even thru in a brand new mopar tri fold aluminum cover purchased for a truck he no longer has.He was a very straight forward guy and had a pleasure doing biz with him.Told him my story and he was happy it was going to someone like me,although in his situation he was sad to see it go.
     It's going to be a little while until I can get to it,since you guys like pics,here is it's home for a while.Did'nt realize until I parked it there,I geuss it is not my first black R/T,LOL,on left is our 2000 durango R/T I bought new,BLACK,currently with only 14k miles.My future survivor,LOL !!!!

69charger2002

that is a nice setup there.. man i bet that durango was close to $30k new.. and i just got an 01 for $5400.. so don't bank on that thing for retirement.. DRIVE it!
trav

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

69 OUR/TEA

Hey Travis,thanks,actually the sticker on it was $36K.The R/T option brought the price up some.No,don't think it will be worth anything,just wanted to keep it mint,so bought an 03 caravan for the wifes daily driver and w /the kids its easier.

mikesbbody

what a awesome charger  :2thumbs: good score! id get rid of the luggage rack if it were mine  :Twocents:

69charger2002

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on January 17, 2008, 08:10:21 PM
Hey Travis,thanks,actually the sticker on it was $36K.The R/T option brought the price up some.No,don't think it will be worth anything,just wanted to keep it mint,so bought an 03 caravan for the wifes daily driver and w /the kids its easier.

well i said close to $30k. i'm assuming you got a deal on it and didn't pay sticker?? those R/T's are sweet cruisers..yeah rip up the caravan instead lol.. such a cool triple black 69 R/T.. i think you really scored on that one
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/