News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I got my mistress a new black dress for her 40th birthday

Started by bull, January 08, 2008, 11:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargermick

Man, that is stunning! Nothing looks better than black on second gens. I was so close to going with black on mine, but I decided on red at the last minute. Right now, I'm regretting that decision.

TUFCAT

When you go black - - you better add another $2k for sanding and blocking...or else you will regret your decision!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 10, 2008, 06:50:15 PM
When you go black - - you better add another $2k for sanding and blocking...or else you will regret your decision!

I disagree with this statement....the car needs to to be just as straight for any color , Black ,white, red, silver ,green ,or even brown(or any other color) the body needs to be straight enuf for black or it just plain isnt ready for paint.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

Quote from: 1hot68 on January 11, 2008, 11:39:06 AM
Quote from: TUFCAT on January 10, 2008, 06:50:15 PM

I disagree with this statement....the car needs to to be just as straight for any color , Black ,white, red, silver ,green ,or even brown(or any other color) the body needs to be straight enuf for black or it just plain isnt ready for paint.

That's one way I judged the body shops I visited before all this started. I would tell them I wanted it black and if they started hemming and hawing and looking at the floor I pretty much knew they couldn't hack it.

Here's a couple more pics I took today after delivering the balance of the new weatherstripping I was waiting on. The owner told me he wants it to look "deeper" so they are going to block sand it some more and do some more clear coats on it. I said "do whatever you think you need to do."

Charger_Fan

Quote from: bull on January 11, 2008, 11:57:29 AM
The owner told me he wants it to look "deeper" so they are going to block sand it some more and do some more clear coats on it. I said "do whatever you think you need to do."
Definitely sounds like you picked the right guy. :2thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

472 R/T SE

I very well could be wrong but I think most body shops don't like to finish someone else's work.  They want full control over what they're painting.   :shruggy:  In a perfect world. 
But in your case bull any reputable shop should have no problems following Bill's work IMO. You gotta do what cha' gotta do.

I still say a matte black stripe on that shiny black, like 1hot68 did his.  You seen my hood, the contrast looks looks bitc*in'

bull

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 11, 2008, 05:23:49 PM
I very well could be wrong but I think most body shops don't like to finish someone else's work.  They want full control over what they're painting.   :shruggy:  In a perfect world. 
But in your case bull any reputable shop should have no problems following Bill's work IMO. You gotta do what cha' gotta do.

I still say a matte black stripe on that shiny black, like 1hot68 did his.  You seen my hood, the contrast looks looks bitc*in'

Yea, in a perfect world. Actually, all the painters I talked to were ok following someone else, even the two high-end shops I got quotes from. When I told them it only had a thin e-coating on it they knew they could rub it off and get a good look at what took place so they weren't too nervous about it. And I had my own peace of mind knowing what Bill did. Kind of funny thinking about it now but it never really came up as an issue at all like I thought it might. :shruggy:

Either a black stripe or silver. Or nothing. I hear you on the black stripe though. I do like that idea...

daytonakid

Curtis,
     Looking good! I bet your getting excited. Bill
Owner East Portland Auto Body www.eastportlandautobody.com

bull

Quote from: daytonakid on January 13, 2008, 07:24:34 PM
Curtis,
     Looking good! I bet your getting excited. Bill

Thanks Bill. I was wondering when you might check in. :2thumbs: I appreciate all your help with this project, I mean it.

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT