News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help!!! I am addicted to Cars toys

Started by Aero426, January 12, 2008, 12:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Just returned from Wal Mart with the latest "King" Superbird play set.    I like the operating lift on the back side of the stage.

PocketThunder

My 3 year old son loves the move CARS and i might just have to make a late Christmas present trip to China-mart to get that for him now...  :scratchchin:

You going to Duluth this June Doug?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

daytonalo

I will call the doctor for you !!!!!!!!!

Aero426

Quote from: daytonalo on January 12, 2008, 12:48:24 AM
I will call the doctor for you !!!!!!!!!

Good.  I need help!!!    I am funding my estate sale by purchasing all this crap.

Aero426

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 12, 2008, 12:46:12 AM
My 3 year old son loves the move CARS and i might just have to make a late Christmas present trip to China-mart to get that for him now...  :scratchchin:

You going to Duluth this June Doug?

Paul, as far as I know, I am going to an eye-talian car event that weekend.

Mopurr

That is really cute, Doug

Did you get the remote control Mr. The King?

Sherri

69_500

I haven't picked that one up yet. But I'm pretty sure that every other CARS character package is here in our house somewhere. Of all the characters that they have for sale the only one my son is missing is the Dale Jr. car, and well thats because he says he doesn't like that race car. So we haven't bought it for him.

I liked how the Mr. King and Mrs. King packages are though, they have the wrong names under them in the package. Under the station wagon it says Mr. King, under the Superbird it says Mrs. King.

pettyfan43

STRONG rumors that Cars 2 is coming within a couple years.

Apparently Paul Newman let it slip that he is voicing for Doc Hudson for the sequel in an interview at the Indy 500 last year.

Should be pretty cool. They are doing Toy Story 3 as well.

Aero426

Quote from: Mopurr on January 12, 2008, 02:19:42 AM
That is really cute, Doug

Did you get the remote control Mr. The King?

Sherri

Yes, they were closing them out for $10 last night.

There is a new King pit stop launcher I am missing.   There was one at a collectibles show last weekend, but the lettering was flawed.    I did buy the Rust Eze brothers with the A100 van and Dart.   

Have any of you seen PT & Flea, the flying bugs yet?   They are in a 2 pack.

69_500

Picked up the new King pit stop launcher at Walmart just about 30 minutes ago. They have a pit stop launcher for Lightning McQueen, Leakless, Chick Hicks, and 2 other cars as well.

I have seen the PT and Flea 2 pack. Picked that one up for the boy for christmas. My wife told me at Christmas that she thought I was buying the CARS toys for me, more than I was for my son. I'll admit that it is by far the best cartoon I've ever seen. My next favorite cartoon is Toy Story 2, love that one too. Every time I watch the movie CARS I see some car in the background that I didn't notice before. And man there are a ton of cars in the back ground, and parts of the movie that they haven't made into toys yet. They hit a gold mine when they made that movie. Every little boy loves to play with toy cars, and every boy would rather play with a toy that is from a movie they like than Hotwheels, especially when they are the same size.

My favorite odd ball of the little characters so far is the Bruiser B. (green forklift from Chick Hicks pit crew). I'm waiting on them to make the RV's that are in the infield of the race track. Oh and I love the FRED car as well, my boy plays with him and just laughs, and says "His bumper falls off in the movie Dad"

Ghoste

Man that is the first King toy I have seen.  In fact, I was coming to the conclusion that they must have had some type of copyright issue with Petty and/or Chrysler and they weren't going to do any.  Now I have to go to Wal Mart.  :icon_smile_big:

69_500

Your kidding right? There are a ton of toys of the King. A remote control, the little diecast, and now the one that Doug posted that is actually an even smaller car. What size are those anyways, I'm guessing around 1/80th? Because they are almost half the size of the others.

I like the Darrel Cartrip car as well, and the Mario Andretti one.

daytonalo

Dr Phil is coming over to help you !!!

69_500

Dr. Phil can keep his opinions to himself if you ask me. I can't stand that guy. If he tried to offer me advise he would get this  :slap:

Ghoste

I swear to God I'm not kidding Danny.  How about any other Canucks, same thing for you folks?  Maybe this is a Canadian thing?  Maybe it's more local than that? 
I have kept a continual eye for them but only in my hometown.    :Twocents:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Ghoste on January 12, 2008, 04:42:40 PM
I swear to God I'm not kidding Danny.  How about any other Canucks, same thing for you folks?  Maybe this is a Canadian thing?  Maybe it's more local than that? 

Yea, I havent seen any KING stuff yet here :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

arrow

I liked the Cars movie - , I already had the King sitting around , I bought two Doc Hudsons ( ones I can drive ! )

A383Wing

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 12, 2008, 08:17:15 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on January 12, 2008, 04:42:40 PM

Yea, I havent seen any KING stuff yet here :shruggy:

King stuff all over up here....just got back from Wally-World....did not find one of the King toys Doug got, but there is about everything else.

Bryan

Aero426

It's hit and miss for sure.   The new stuff does not stay on the shelf for long. 

Aero426

Quote from: arrow on January 12, 2008, 08:52:01 PM

I liked the Cars movie - , I already had the King sitting around , I bought two Doc Hudsons ( ones I can drive ! )

What kind of Docs did you buy?  2 dr or 4 doors?  What do you think of them?

nascarxx29

I havent seen that new one in the store yet either .I have seen the spiral speedway with the king .Went searching on the web for new king cars 2008 and found .This custom built slot car
http://www.ioffer.com/i/30553516
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

daytonalo

69_500

2 years ago I found it very hard around these parts to find anything dealing with the King car from the movie. However now every time I go to the store I see something else with him on it. Be it a new toy, or just a new shirt/pj's/pants or something else for a kid. Then again why can't we all just be big kids and love toys too? I mean in reality that is all the cars we love are, is just big TOY cars.

Hemidog

The older i get, the more expensive my toys become...

A383Wing

......and I may be growing old, but I refuse to grow up!

Bryan

pettyfan43

Aero426

moparstuart

Quote from: DougSchellinger on January 14, 2008, 10:03:59 AM
Quote from: pettyfan43 on January 13, 2008, 08:19:19 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on January 13, 2008, 06:59:41 PM
......and I may be growing old, but I refuse to grow up!

Bryan

:iagree:

It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
doug that is a great saying , we should all live by that
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

69_500

I don't ever plan on growing up entirely. I wanna be a kid for as long as everyone will let me.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on January 14, 2008, 07:27:16 PM
I don't ever plan on growing up entirely. I wanna be a kid for as long as everyone will let me.
me too  if only my wife would let me LOL
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

Ah if you ask my wife, she will tel you plainly that she has 2 children right now. ME and Dakota our son.

arrow

Quote from: DougSchellinger on January 13, 2008, 11:12:11 AM
Quote from: arrow on January 12, 2008, 08:52:01 PM

What kind of Docs did you buy?  2 dr or 4 doors?  What do you think of them?

1953 Hornet Twin H  club coupe - 1952 Wasp club coupe  I really like them    Im member 1838 of DSAC

Aero426

Thanks.  I think the coupes would be interesting, especially with the NASCAR connections.

notabird

Hey Doug, congrats on the new addiction! Brent

WINGR

Hi Doug, thanks for the tip on the King Playset, I picked one up at Target this morning.  :2thumbs: I also saw a Mini Dirt Drag Set with the King and Lightning as well but that was $19.99 and I figured I would rather put the money into my real Wing car

Yes my wife has an extra kid also, I have more toys now than I did during my childhood years.

WINGR/Steve

A383Wing

OK, I just got back from our local discount store and picked up the King garage that Doug got and also picked up one of the dirt track drag sets also.

There were 2 of the little King garages there, I bought them both, I figured someone here would want to buy it if they can't find it where they live. Price was $11 for the playset, I figure I could ship it anywhere in the lower 48 states for $6 with packageing & trip to post office.

$17 total.....PM me if interested

Bryan

A383Wing

Nobody is interested in the extra one I have here?

Bryan

69_500

If I had seen the post the other day before I bought one for my son, then I would have been. As luck had it, he saw the toy in Walmart when we were there on Sunday, and I bought it for him.

A383Wing