News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What steps would you take with this ebay seller?

Started by Chargerguy74, July 26, 2005, 02:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargerguy74

He sold me new reproduction parts as NOS. He will no longer respond to my emails now that I confronted him. I have told him I wouldn't post negative feedback if we could work it out within a given time frame. If he fails to contact me by then, what should I do next??? Thanks!

Ryan
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

moparsuebear

Go to a section on ebay called "Safe Harbor" and report him. If you paid by paypal you may be entitled to your money back!!

-Susan
Go Bears!!

Drache

Then I would post negative feedback about him! Selling reproduction parts as NOS? Someone else will be screwed next time!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

RD

can you provide a link to your auction so we know who to avoid?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Drache

Quote from: RD on July 26, 2005, 08:22:50 AM
can you provide a link to your auction so we know who to avoid?

Or at least tell us who this guy is so we can send Guido to go bust some knee caps?
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Charge It!

psykicpup

all the advice above but definitely do as you threatened.......and tell us his name o'course
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

Wakko

I had to contest my Paypal charges to get a response once...but it's still no guarentee.  Definitely post the auction or the seller ID.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

BigBlockSam

the only problem with leaving neg feedback is, that he can leave neg feedback to you. even if you don't deserve it. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Wakko

I have two negatives out of 331 and BOTH of them were retaliatory.  Ebay doesn't give a crap about making feedback right, they want to charge you 30 bucks.  Rather than pay that, I'll just deal with the two negatives.  Frustrating, but not life changing.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Chargerguy74

Thanks for the advice. I will definately post the name of the seller shortly, as I don't see this being resolved. I am prepared to get a negative feedback in retaliation, but how bad can his comment be.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

Silver R/T

report him and if you paid money esp through paypal you should get it back. of course post negative
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Chargerguy74

I paid money order. At this point I really dont care if I get my money back. I just dont want him to keep getting away with fraud.

Drache

You should have a receipt or something from the money order and thus be able to tell if he cashed the money or not. If he listed the parts as NOS and they are repoduction parts then this is all considered fraud.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Chargerguy74

hmmm, I had the receipt in my hand about a week ago......now I'm going to have to trace my steps.

He listed the parts as assembly line NOS, never been installed on a car. I asked where's the package, and he said that assembly line NOS parts were thrown into a bin at the factory, and they didn't have a package. Guess he thinks he can get away with selling new MP parts as "assembly line NOS" peices by removing the package (the new parts retain the same part numbers, but have additional casting numbers).

Chargerguy74

Ok, he responded to my email today (it took threats to get him to respond). He specializes in emblems. In June I bought a set of 400 magnum emblems, as a spare for the only other NOS set I have. Long story short, they are identical to MPP reproductions. I've compared them to several sets of originals as well as real NOS, and even had friends pull their's off their cars and check (thanks Nacho!). They are not the same as any originals, but identical to the repros (they have additional casting numbers which are also not present on any originals I've seen). When I told him this he claims he bought them at the nats 12 years ago, and said "What will be your premise to E-bay if you file a complaint? I received some exceptional emblems from his seller, but the vauge numbers are different than the ones a buddy's has?"

Ryan

RD

one less guy to buy from on ebay.  i have seen his auctions in the past and now I know not to look at them in the future. sheothead.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

69DodgeCharger

I bought some 68-70 Charger roof pillar emblems from him and was very happy with the product. I don't recall them having any additional casting numbers on them, although one of them had a tiny blemish in the chrome that was barely noticable from beyond 2-3 feet.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Dodge-Charger

Quotedetroit_muscle
Its a different name but if im not misstaken its the same guy we were talkng about last week. The Detroit Mojo or something like that. When i talked to him on the phone he sounded like that type of person. I'm allmost positive that is him.   I dont know if I still have his number.

kab69440

What steps would I take? I would show up on his doorstep for a "friendly chat" as I almost did a couple of weeks ago with another E-bay seller who did not seem to want to send what I paid for.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Chargerguy74

Yeah, I'm that kind of guy too Kab.

Ok, the seller and I worked things out very well. He acted surprisingly professional (even after the way I handled things with him). He (Richard) is actually a very nice guy. The sale itself was very well done. I do take back the mean things I said about him, after the way he handled the situation.

chargerkid

I have bought from him in the past and he is a great guy.  So you bought 400 Magnum emblems from him?  Did you know that the "original" ones are not the chrome ones?  The chrome ones are the reproductions.  The satin finish ones are the ones that actually came on the car. 

Chargerguy74

Quote from: chargerkid on July 28, 2005, 08:50:20 AM
I have bought from him in the past and he is a great guy.   So you bought 400 Magnum emblems from him?   Did you know that the "original" ones are not the chrome ones?   The chrome ones are the reproductions.   The satin finish ones are the ones that actually came on the car.  

Yes, I knew that. Even dealership NOS emblems are chrome as well. Originals are satin finished on the numbers.

Nacho-RT74

I have to say the emblems on my car are the originals from factory and they are not satin finish... they are chromed
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

KMPX2

Telvis

I know it doesn't apply to this situation but Paypal won't do anything about an item that's received but not as described. They will send an email and make a token attempt to mediate but won't get your money back. In a lot of situations if you pay through Paypal and never receive the item you are also out of luck. If the person you paid doesn't have the money in their Paypal account they won't give it back to you. The whole idea of Paypal being a sfe way to pay is a farce.