News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vintage C-500 pix

Started by firefighter3931, January 13, 2008, 03:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

A friend sent me some old "Back in the Day" photos to be be scanned and loaded onto a CD for him. Anyway, here are some of those pix for you Aero Nuts  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

firefighter3931

More  :icon_smile_big:
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

firefighter3931

:icon_smile_cool:

firefighter3931

:cheers:

firefighter3931

:2thumbs:

tan top

wow awesome pictures Ron  :yesnod: thanks for sharing them :2thumbs: :popcrn:     hmmmmmmmmm  mystery fire wall plug :scope:  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

xs29j8Bullitt

Great back-in-the-day pictures!  Thanks for posting them...

Did the C500 belong to your friend?  Any idea where it is now?

I hope to find similar pictures of my C500 from the 1970s, and will "advertise" for them when I exhaust my leads...

Thanks again Ron,

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

UFO

69_500

It appears to be 3 seperate 500's in those series of photo's.

The top one (light bronze car) looks like a car that I have some photo's of here on my desk.
The SE one, is probably the same one that gordon owns now (B5 blue car) was painted several colors back in the day.

The one of the engine compartment, that one appears to be, well I can't tell what one that one is.

Hemidog

firefighter3931

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on January 13, 2008, 03:43:44 PM
Great back-in-the-day pictures!  Thanks for posting them...

Did the C500 belong to your friend?  Any idea where it is now?

I hope to find similar pictures of my C500 from the 1970s, and will "advertise" for them when I exhaust my leads...

Thanks again Ron,

Allen

Hi Allen, yes the car did belong to my buddy. He bought it in the mid 70's and used to street race it on Woodward back in the day :naughty:....the earliest pics are from that era. He also drove the car down to Florida where he lived for awhile then returned home to Michigan. I believe he owned the car for several years, engine swaps/rebuilds etc....this puppy was run Hard !  :icon_smile_big:

I know he doesn't own it anymore and hasn't for years....he now has a bad azz GTX. The C-500 came up during a conversation and he sent the pics to be scanned and loaded onto the CD for him.  :scope:

I'll see if i can get some more info and report back....

Ron

Magnumcharger

Hey, great pictures!! Thanks for taking the time to scan them and post.
BTW, is your buddy's name Bob Ross?
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

hemi68charger

Cool pics !!!!

Thanks for sharing...........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

A383Wing

What's that emblem on the passenger side of the front grille? 440?

What wheels are in the first pictures?

Bryan 

Ghoste

Quote from: Magnumcharger on January 13, 2008, 09:53:30 PM
Hey, great pictures!! Thanks for taking the time to scan them and post.
BTW, is your buddy's name Bob Ross?

Or Mr. Kotter?

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TUFCAT

Ron,  the first car (color picture) is an SE.....T3 Light Bronze SE 440 automatic.  I was really young when my Dad owned it and sold it to the neighborhood Mopar Nut, Randy B. in Warren, Michigan around 1975 or 1976. I was about 8 years old, and I remember he wanted that car really bad because it was the strongest running 440 on the planet!!  He had to scrape up the money to buy it (he was probably 19 or so at the time) ...and really loved the car.   I only remember the car having whitewalls and hubcaps.  It looks like late 70's or early 80's when he got '79 Magnum GT wheels and tires.   Does anybody know where it is today?  It was supposed to have a Black 500 rear stripe....  when my Dad repainted it - it was no longer available through the Chrysler Parts System, and he had to use white.  I can visit my Dad to dig up some more vintage pics of that car.  Also, all those pictures APPEAR TO BE the SAME car.  On a side note, it DID have the rear window moldings when we sold it.

My brother posted about this car two years ago.  When we owned it in the 70's .....I really wasn't interested in it - except it was very fast.  Believe it or not, for some reason I was more in love with the '67 Coronet we had at the time! :scratchchin:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7107.0.html

firefighter3931

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 14, 2008, 03:54:26 PM
Ron,  the first car (color picture) is an SE.....T3 Light Bronze SE 440 automatic.  I was really young when my Dad owned it and sold it to the neighborhood Mopar Nut, Randy B. in Warren, Michigan around 1975 or 1976. I was about 8 years old, and I remember he wanted that car really bad because it was the strongest running 440 on the planet!!  He had to scrape up the money to buy it (he was probably 19 or so at the time) ...and really loved the car.   I only remember the car having whitewalls and hubcaps.  Does anybody know where it is today?  It was supposed to have a Black 500 rear stripe....  when my Dad repainted it - it was no longer available through the Chrysler Parts System, and he had to use white.  I can visit my Dad to dig up some more vintage pics of that car.  Also, all those pictures APPEAR TO BE the SAME car.  On a side note, it DID have the rear window moldings when we sold it.

My brother posted about this car two years ago.  When we owned it in the 70's .....I really wasn't interested in it - except it was very fast.  Believe it or not, for some reason I was more in love with the '67 Coronet we had at the time! :scratchchin:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7107.0.html

Yep, that is the same car ! Randy told me in an e-mail that it was an SE model. I'm gonna try and get him over here so he can answer some questions and maybe tell a few good stories.  :icon_smile_big:

stay tuned....

Ron

TUFCAT

Ron, I'm positive that Randy will remember us.  I'll try to post some pictures of it when I can. My Dad also had the original broadcast sheet until about 5 years ago...then he was talking to Galen who was really interested in the car....and he gave it all to him ...along with some other of the 500's documents.  My Dad knows Galen well.

69_500

Hey Ron, what are the chances of getting a higher resolution shot of those pictures? Would love to add them to the ever growing file on my computer, but would prefer a larger file.

TUFCAT

hey 69 500. Give me some time and I will post some of the vintage snapshots that we took of the car in the 70's. If you want to know more history for your files, send a PM to my brother 72chargerSE. 

69_500

Will do that.

I was wondering if in a clearer photo if you could make out if the rear marker bezels were painted body color. They appear to be bronze in the middle of the white tail stripe.

firefighter3931

Quote from: 69_500 on January 14, 2008, 04:57:59 PM
Hey Ron, what are the chances of getting a higher resolution shot of those pictures? Would love to add them to the ever growing file on my computer, but would prefer a larger file.

Hi Danny, those scans are all i have...the original pics are on their way back to Michigan.  :yesnod:

I just have a chepo Lexmark "all in one" gizmo so it's not the best quality, unfortunately !  :P

Ron

Ps. Yes you can use them in your database....no lawsuits will be forthcoming !  :icon_smile_big: Cody, are you listening ?  :nana:

69_500

Well since the cars aren't on blocks, or in weeds, or barns I don't think Cody would ask to use them.

I was thinking that you had some photo lab scan them in and put them on a CD, that is why I was asking.

by the way I did save them already though. under the file for unknown cars.

72chargerSE