News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

latch tray installation and size question

Started by petercharger, March 17, 2008, 05:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

Here are a few pictures of the top & bottom sides of the piece that is spot-welded to the radiator yoke on Daytonas.  This is what the latch tray bolts up to.

(oh, and these are already posted in the Daytona restoration thread )

Topside:

Underneath side:

hotrod98

Thanks Geno.
I remember seeing that piece. I think Howie has it at his shop. Hey Howie, I need that part. ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

petercharger

thanks for the shoots..what happens to the hood latch..it must move...and where do you put the release latch to open the hood...i am assuming it's at the bottom of the car??? again any pictures would help..
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

UFO

Hood latch is not used.Only the safety catch and hood pins keeps the hood down

moparstuart

all you have on a bird is  the safty latch(catch) and hood pins I assume the daytona is the same
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

A383Wing

Quote from: moparstuart on March 20, 2008, 08:50:54 PM
all you have on a bird is  the safty latch(catch) and hood pins I assume the daytona is the same

Yes

Bryan

daytonalo

Use a safety catch on fiberglass tray ??? Cant wait to see this !!!

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: daytonalo on March 20, 2008, 10:57:58 PM
Use a safety catch on fiberglass tray ??? Cant wait to see this !!!

Janak's latch tray does have a metal reinforcement where the saftey catch hooks into the hole in the tray.

My Janak tray is going to be used for target practice, anyway... :2guns:

hotrod98

The only way that the fiberglass tray would ever be a problem is if some dummy forgets to pin the hood down. I don't see that happening very often.  :Twocents:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

A383Wing

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 20, 2008, 11:21:17 PM

Janak's latch tray does have a metal reinforcement where the saftey catch hooks into the hole in the tray.

Mine doesn't have that plate.....must have gotten the early or first production version....  :RantExplode:

Bryan 

daytonalo

Not the way I see it , I have a stinger Fiberglass latch tray and only using hood pins to hold hood down . The catch would easily wear a groove in glass tray when shutting hood . Just my two cents !!

Larry

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on March 21, 2008, 09:15:38 AM
Not the way I see it , I have a stinger Fiberglass latch tray and only using hood pins to hold hood down . The catch would easily wear a groove in glass tray when shutting hood . Just my two cents !!

Larry
  pony up and buy a metal tray  :Twocents:  or better yet make us all some that are affordable  cupcake  :icon_smile_big: :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

I've always thought you should use a metal tray . it would give the z brackets some more support .i'm using my fiberglass one.  Rene   :Twocents:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: A383Wing on March 21, 2008, 09:08:46 AM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 20, 2008, 11:21:17 PM

Mine doesn't have that plate.....must have gotten the early or first production version....  :RantExplode:

Bryan 

It's hidden pretty well. Try running a strong magnet right behind the hole where the safety catch hooks into...