News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hay Strat!!!! Its a truck!!!!

Started by Todd Wilson, October 05, 2005, 12:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I seen that one already. In fact I seen most of the trucks in pictures from the show over at Hank's forum. Pretty cool though :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on May 30, 2008, 10:11:37 PM
I seen that one already. In fact I seen most of the trucks in pictures from the show over at Hank's forum. Pretty cool though :yesnod:

Yeah but those weener heads overthere didnt have interior shots! I even know the owner! He offered to sell it to me! Needs cleaned up and needs tires. 5$ a gallon diesel though it would sit more then drive. They use that truck everyday as a yard goat moving trailers around for the trucking company.

Todd

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Todd Wilson on May 31, 2008, 10:46:33 PM
Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on May 30, 2008, 10:11:37 PM

Yeah but those weener heads overthere didnt have interior shots! I even know the owner! He offered to sell it to me! Needs cleaned up and needs tires. 5$ a gallon diesel though it would sit more then drive. They use that truck everyday as a yard goat moving trailers around for the trucking company.

Todd

News update! The old Marmon gave up the ghost on its way back home from the show. Had a scored cylinder and got hot and locked up. Good thing I didnt buy it! HAHA!

Todd

Todd Wilson

TruckDriver

I took my 13yo son to work with me yesterday June 20th '08. I gave him the camera, and these are what he took. Click the thumb nails for bigger pics.

This is a stockpile truck used "in pit" for a Meyer Ready Mix. They have a plant inside the gravel pit.

PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TruckDriver

This old R model Mack has a dump trailer on it. and has been sitting for a long time now. It's in good shape and probably wouldn't take much to get running. Of course, yesterday, they had to had a pickup in front of it :P

We were hauling to Central Ready Mix on 13th Street Milwaukee (right below I-43 on the south side)

We caught this black International once on the highway. It was a twin bunk.

This was taken on another round to Central. These trucks belong to General Ready Mix just up the street from Central, and have been parked for a long time. These are actually right next to the white R model Mack from earlier.

One one round, we caught and passed a military convoy. This was the last combo in the convoy. There was 4 total. Two had container trailers, one which we never caught had a flatbed.

Going down the Moorland Road hill.

On the last of 6 rounds to Central Ready Mix, Something didn't sound right (like a flat spotted tire flopping, which I have 2 on my front tag axle), but I thought it was just one going down, so I lifted the axle and looked at it at the cement plant :o

Apperently it busted once in the past, and the welds broke. I was happy the day was over, and it didn't happen in the morning.

This green Pete is another one of ours. This is the first I had a chnce to get a pic of it.

These are other company's trucks that park and use the same shop we do.

PETE

Todd Wilson

Looks like a fun day!  You sure do have funny looking cement trucks in the big city!   Looks like the army truck has AC?!

Todd

moparstuart

ok todd a couple of the salvage yard just for you
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

My old dodge grain truck 50's ? vintage      would make a cool street rod  hemified

Todd Wilson

Cool old Dodge! Hope you didnt smash it!

Todd

moparstuart

NOt going to smash it wanna keep it for the future or sell it whole !

472 R/T SE

I'll be damned.  I've never checked this thread until today after looking through some of Pete's posts' to see where he's at.

I have lots of pix from my big truck driving days.  I started by moving rotary rigs in the patch out of high school, OTR for a few years, heavy haul for a while sprinkled with driving a large car show truck before the last 10 years crane rental.

My new scanner is junk so I'll have to take pix of pix, to follow...

Todd Wilson

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 11, 2008, 10:51:53 PM
I'll be damned.  I've never checked this thread until today after looking through some of Pete's posts' to see where he's at.

I have lots of pix from my big truck driving days.  I started by moving rotary rigs in the patch out of high school, OTR for a few years, heavy haul for a while sprinkled with driving a large car show truck before the last 10 years crane rental.

My new scanner is junk so I'll have to take pix of pix, to follow...

You been missing out on the best thread on the forum!    :icon_smile_big:

Todd

Charger_Fan

I tripped over the pics of this truck today while browsing another forum...figured I'd better post 'em up! :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TruckDriver

Still working locally as a lowboy toter. I took this July 25th.
PETE

TruckDriver

Some more local (Butler, Wi.) working trucks. I took these last month on the 27th.
PETE

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on September 13, 2008, 03:31:30 PM
Still working locally as a lowboy toter. I took this July 25th.

SWEEEEEEEEEEET!

Todd

Todd Wilson

moparstuart

TruckDriver

PETE

derailed

I remember seeing that. One reason why I never wanted to get into a team operation or become a driver trainer over the road. I could never sleep.

68coronetGLwannabe

Sweet, the next best thing to my 70 charger is my 99 pete :drool5:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

TruckDriver

Quote from: derailed on September 30, 2008, 09:45:12 PM
I remember seeing that. One reason why I never wanted to get into a team operation or become a driver trainer over the road. I could never sleep.

I used to be a trainer :P I had more than 1 scary moment, mostly when I used to drive OTR. I only had to fire one trainy though. The rest learned. I think the baseball bat helped though :D
PETE

derailed

A baseball bat would work  :icon_smile_blackeye: I wouldnt mind it if I was running local but theres no way I could ever crawl in the bunk and get any rest with a trainee driving. My brother in law was doing that for Werner when he worked there. Hes a little nuts anyways.

TruckDriver

The name Sterling will disappear along with the St. Thomas Ontario assembly plant in March 2009.

TORONTO - Daimler AG plans to shut down its Sterling Trucks factory in St. Thomas, Ont., next March as the German-based company eliminates the Sterling brand.
Daimler Trucks North America said Tuesday that a total of 2,300 workers will be affected in St. Thomas and at another Sterling plant being closed in Portland, Ore.
This total includes 720 workers in St. Thomas already scheduled to be laid off next month with the elimination of one of the plant's last two shifts. Daimler laid off 600 people at the St. Thomas facility last year when the first of three shifts was cut.
In addition to the production workforce cut, Daimler Trucks North America will reduce its salaried staff by about 1,200 positions, with over half directly related to the Sterling brand.
The March closure of the factory in southwestern Ontario, which produces a range of medium-and heavy-duty trucks, will coincide with the expiry of the plant's contract with the Canadian Auto Workers union.
Daimler blamed the decision on "continuing depressed demand across the industry and structural changes in the company's core markets."
The truck plant in Portland, Ore., will be shut in June 2010.
Meanwhile, production will start in February at Daimler's new truck plant in Saltillo, Mexico, making Freightliner's new flagship Cascadia model.
The changes are expected to cost US$600 million but improve annual earnings by $900 million by 2011.
With the elimination of the Sterling badge effective in March, some of its products will be added to Daimler's Freightliner and Western Star truck lines.
Focusing on two brands will "drive an even more attractive program of innovation in safety, environmental impact, and user productivity," the company stated.
PETE