News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hay Strat!!!! Its a truck!!!!

Started by Todd Wilson, October 05, 2005, 12:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I finally went and took picture of it today. It has been parked here for a few years. I IS for sale the owner said for $3000. (but he also said "cash is best" as like a hint). He wants it to go to a good home as he said it deserves to be restored. He hasn't drove it since he bought his current FLD Freightliner to pull his grain trailer. It has a Cummings 855? he said (never heard of that one) and a 13spd. He said it will run with new batteries, and when it runs, it has a lot of power, and really runs going down the road. Just maybe at tax time  :scratchchin:

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Todd Wilson

Quote from: TruckDriver on November 16, 2010, 07:29:18 PM
I finally went and took picture of it today. It has been parked here for a few years. I IS for sale the owner said for $3000. (but he also said "cash is best" as like a hint). He wants it to go to a good home as he said it deserves to be restored. He hasn't drove it since he bought his current FLD Freightliner to pull his grain trailer. It has a Cummings 855? he said (never heard of that one) and a 13spd. He said it will run with new batteries, and when it runs, it has a lot of power, and really runs going down the road. Just maybe at tax time  :scratchchin:

Thats a sweet COE.   Cummins 855.............didnt they make some 800 series engine but it was a v8?     Arent the older Cummin engines  855 cubic inches? Maybe he is confused.  Its told old to have a smll or big cam 350 isnt it?  Maybe like a 290 or 300?

3000$ is a bit much. I would say 3g's if you could turn the key and drive it home with no tire worries or anything else.

Todd

TruckDriver

it has fairly new tires on it all the way around. He said all it needs is batteries, and I could probably drive it home with no problems. I'm thinking $2,500 would take it though cause of the way he was talking. I might have to call a Cummings dealer tomarrow once, and see what they say. I figured it would be about a 300 or 350 too. Maybe a 400 even?
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Todd Wilson

You'd be the talk on 19   screwin it down on the superslab in that thing! HAHA! I've always wondered why more truckers dont buy some older rigs and go thru them and use them. Got to be cheaper then a new rig. Of course it would limit you on certain things but still cheaper then a big payment every month.

Todd

GPULLER

Found this '74 Bighorn for sale in Minot ND.  If I have 40 grand laying around I'd be driving it home now.

http://www.swensontractor.com/dodge_bighorn.htm

Todd Wilson

Quote from: GPULLER on November 17, 2010, 01:18:34 PM
Found this '74 Bighorn for sale in Minot ND.  If I have 40 grand laying around I'd be driving it home now.

http://www.swensontractor.com/dodge_bighorn.htm

Thats a rare unit!
40g's is a good deal!

Todd

TruckDriver

PETE

Todd Wilson

Quote from: TruckDriver on November 25, 2010, 11:30:26 PM
Here you go Todd.... Same year as your truck?

http://hankstruckforum.com/htforum/index.php?topic=49392.new#new

Thats a nice old truck! Finish the bed and its ready for the parade!

Todd

TruckDriver

Check out this cool 5:00 min video someone shot. A lot of working vintage trucks doing the move. Around the 3:13 mark, check out the 4x4 Caprice wagon pulling a camper going by :lol: And around the 4:00 min mark, there a Freightliner for you todd!

Vintage Heavy Haul Trucks move Edaville Railroad equipment to Maine 09/19/1993

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crSSzDh2tms&feature=player_embedded
PETE

Todd Wilson

Yea that was cool that they did that with the old trucks. Good to get the old iron out and work it a little bit.

Todd

TruckDriver

Todd, since you like Freightliners a lot, did you know about this website?

The Freightliner Historical Truck Group
http://www.fltruck.net/
PETE

Todd Wilson

Yeah thats Gullys site. He has a ton of FL stuff.  I road in his one cab over at our national show.

Todd

Todd Wilson

I was searching thru some and came across this web site again. I forgot about it.   My old 47 Dodge is still #1 after 2 years!HAHA!    Everyone go to Popular trucks and vote on my truck! Lets keep it going! HAHA!

http://www.rankmyrig.com/index.php

Todd

TruckDriver

PETE

TruckDriver

I posted these on my facebook, but This is cross town from me. I found out today, I actually know the owner, and he is asking $1,500. for it. It was his yard truck for a while
PETE

Todd Wilson

One of the few Chevys I would drive!    :icon_smile_big:

Not a bad price if you could turn the key and go.   Is it a detroit?   Havent seen one with the guard on it like that.

Todd

Todd Wilson

WWII Dodge WC moving a house.........

Todd Wilson

Todd Wilson

Todd Wilson

TruckDriver

I didnt see no trucks in the last three pictures  :shruggy:

Yes the Chevy has a Detroit in it. I forgot the tranny though. But it is turn key.
PETE

Todd Wilson

Ghoste

I don't think I've posted this one yet.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Ghoste on December 09, 2010, 07:33:33 AM
I don't think I've posted this one yet.

That truck was at Chryslers museum and I think a year or so ago they sold some of the vehicles and that truck was one of them.

Todd

Ghoste

Yes, I work for the company that ran the sale.