News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anybody have pics of that white 68-69 superbird

Started by BigBlockSam, January 14, 2008, 11:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

hi guys.

i lost all the pics i had of this car . i remember it was white with a pistol grip shifter and a bulge hood . it was the 69 type roadrunner body with a wing and a nose. does anybody have pictures of this car. thanks Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

I remember a convertible version ??? white 68 RR nose and wing .   robin (magnum) has that picture , on a threat of convertible wing cars and chargers on here somewhere ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

Quote  I remember a convertible version   

thats the one . i remember it looked real good. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

hemigeno

This one?

It's in this thread and Robin/magnumcharger is indeed the one who posted the link from Barry Washington's site:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,12212.0.html

C_stripes

I don't think the 1/4 flows very well with the rest of the car.  Not saying I wouldn't drive it.  But it needs to be a 70. I wonder how the rear looks with the way the tail lights are on the 68 RR.  Neat car though.  I always wanted to get a 67 charger and a 67 coronet convert and convert it over to a charger R/T convert. Use the charger 1/4's and headlights buckets. Coronet R/T grille, hood scoop and tail light assembly, charger dash and four buckets and run the charger trim down the top of the 1/4. put a 440 in it and paint it red with a black top and int. 
I know its not a wing car but it kinda fits into the same type of custom as the 68 Bird.

Jeremy
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

moparstuart

here is the rear  I like it       not the norm but i like it

moparstuart

and the scooped hood rene wanted

moparstuart

I like this one the best though LOL

C_stripes

I guess the rear isn't as bad as I thought. I wounder if it would look better with the Daytona wing so that it don't look like its a mile high.

BigBlockSam

thats the one , not crazy about how the back looks .

here's the deal i have a 69 roadrunner clone . 440 , 4 speed  but the most of the sheetmetal in the back is rusted out good frame rails and everything works . lights wipers. the car is a blast to drive.
i wonder if i could put a 70 rear clip on it. after seeing those pics i wouldn't be satisfied with the 69 rear .  I've always wanted a real bird but with prices where they are i don't believe that  will ever happen. so  maybe i could build one  :rofl:  i no, i no, I'm nuts  :rotz:
what do you guys think? how hard would that be to do.

thanks for the pics guys. Rene

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 15, 2008, 05:32:31 PM
thats the one , not crazy about how the back looks .

here's the deal i have a 69 roadrunner clone . 440 , 4 speed  but the most of the sheetmetal in the back is rusted out good frame rails and everything works . lights wipers. the car is a blast to drive.
i wonder if i could put a 70 rear clip on it. after seeing those pics i wouldn't be satisfied with the 69 rear .  I've always wanted a real bird but with prices where they are i don't believe that  will ever happen. so  maybe i could build one  :rofl:  i no, i no, I'm nuts  :rotz:
what do you guys think? how hard would that be to do.

thanks for the pics guys. Rene

70 road runner are still out there reasonable.  Get a roadrunner. The rear will look right , dash will be correct and quarter scoops. It will be alot less work and you will be happier with it when it's done.  :Twocents:   sell the 69 clone to buy the 70 rr  :Twocents: but get the dayclona done first   :Twocents:

C_stripes

BigBlockSam

you know  stuart , you are rite. i sat down and discussed it with my wife and she agreed with you . sell this car and get a 70 or be patient and maybe , with a little luck I'll get a real bird someday. .  i wouldn't be satisfied with a 69 bird.
thanks. Rene

moparstuart

that 69 would make a great , 69 1/2 lift off hood 6 -pak clone car though. That's what i would do with it . 4 speed too that would be awesome.