News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

512 Stroker in a 74 Charger SE, what else power train wise????

Started by jonathant83, March 13, 2008, 12:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathant83

hi guys, I'm new here,

I have a 74 Dodge charger that i had for about 4 years and i'm 24 now. I never drove it since i'v done alot of moving around. The car is in need of a total resto. I finaly decided to pull the old 400 out and start a rebuild last summer. This what i have so far about ($10,00 just in engine parts, since machine shop F$@Ked-up) :

400 bored over .35 with 440 source 512 stroker kit
11.6 to 1 Compression
toker 2 intake,
stealth 440 source heads,
carbs, 650 edlebrock, 750 holley dbl pumper or a 750 barry grant ( haven't decided yet)
Main/Head studs
Main Griddle/windage tray
so basily all new expect the block.

I'm looking at around 500hp and 600 tq, I know I will have to upgrade the 727 trans and rear end but that i something i don't know to much about. So i'm here to grab everyone's knowledge like a sponge and put it tp good use.

I was thinking of ordering a HD trans shift/rebuild kit and getting a 2500 rpm stall converter. For the rear end i' have no cule.

As soon as the snow goes away it's planed to take it out and finsh it. thank you very much guys.

Jonathan

firefighter3931

The trans should be beefed up with heavy duty clutches and bands as well as a good aftermarket shift reprogramming kit or better yet a performance valvebody. A SFI flexplate and matching harware as well.

The driveshaft should have 7290 u-joints at a minumum and the car should have an 83/4 or Dana 60 rear end. The Dana would be preferable but the 83/4 can survive as long as the motor doesn't dead hook (slicks)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs