News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear valance and crossmember replacement

Started by charger01, January 20, 2008, 04:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

At the risk of sounding stupid here.  I need to ask some advice.  I took my charger in to the shop to have all the body work done.  He is going to replace the entire trunk, extensions , rear crossmember and rear valance and corners.  It looks kinda odd to me.  The rear valance is removed which cosists of the area behind the bumper and the part below the bumper with the backup lights in it.  The rear crossmember is exposed now, but the are that is behind the bumper is still there.  When the rear valance is reinstalled.  It looks like the area behind the bumper will be doubled up.  Is this correct.  Sorrry I have no pics now.  will have some later in the week.

charger01

Was able to get a pic off of my phone.   Hopefully someone can explain this to me.  The portion that appears yellow is totally covered up with my rear valance.  Is that right?  Or did somone double up the rear panels?

BRS

That is correct. The "yellow" part is the bottom portion of the tail panel. The tail panel is actually two pieces that are spot welded together from the factory.

charger01

But is the part that is yellow also part of the rear valance?  Iam thinking someone replaced the rear valance, but only removed half the old one.  I dont know what is going on here. :shruggy:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: charger01 on January 20, 2008, 10:03:12 PM
But is the part that is yellow also part of the rear valance?  Iam thinking someone replaced the rear valance, but only removed half the old one.  I dont know what is going on here. :shruggy:

Are you saying that the rusty part, where the bumper goes WAS covered by a valance which you removed?

If so then Yes some hacker put a valance over part of an old one. :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

charger01

Yes, the yellow part, where the bumper covers.  That as well as the rear crossmember were both covered up by a new rear valance.  I was pretty sure this was some bad body work, but want to make sure.

BRS

I misunderstood.....The yellow portion, which is spot welded to the tail panel is part of the replacement valance panel. Here is a pic of the replacement valance fron Sherman Parts. You can see the top portion is stamped the same as the "Yellow" section on your car. I guess what your saying is someone had placed a rear valance over your exisiting one. That was incorrect and should be removed and replaced.

charger01

Thank you gentlemen.  I appreciate your input.  I thought it was wrong, but sometimes you just got to ask a dumb question to be sure.   Thanks again.

BRS

Quote from: charger01 on January 20, 2008, 11:27:06 PM
Thank you gentlemen.  I appreciate your input.  I thought it was wrong, but sometimes you just got to ask a dumb question to be sure.   Thanks again.

No such thing as a dumb question..... :2thumbs: