News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

meet people thread got me thinking... Who IS in NY?

Started by Khyron, October 06, 2005, 07:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

I've deciced to pass on the Riv. guys thanks for your offers but getting the rubber all replaced and moving it coast to coast would prolly double the price, so I'm gonna save my money...  :P

JimShine

Not a New Yorker, but I spend alot of ti,me all over the state. I know most of your areas.

Anyone know who owns the bright yellow '68 Charger (even painted taillight panel) on the back route linking Batavia and Cheektowaga? I see that car a few times a year, but never stopped to talk to the owner.

LeeBoy

I'm about 30 miles south of Elmira NY on the Pennsylvania side.
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

Khyron

Quote from: JimShine on October 08, 2005, 11:42:05 AM
Not a New Yorker, but I spend alot of ti,me all over the state. I know most of your areas.

Anyone know who owns the bright yellow '68 Charger (even painted taillight panel) on the back route linking Batavia and Cheektowaga? I see that car a few times a year, but never stopped to talk to the owner.

I don't know that one, but there are a few "hiding" in the area. I drive past a house every morning on my way to work that had a dark pine green 70 Charger in his garage. When the doors are open I see her in there with some boxes on her :( some day i'll get the balls to stop buy and say hi. When I take my charger to work, and he's outside with his kid waiting for the bus. I beep at him. Figure it would break the ice ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

andy74

a new york dodgecharger.com meet would be kick ass!,we are all within a few hours of each other,lets set something up for the spring! 

Steve P.

I was born and raised in Rochester. Does that count??   I do go back home now and then to see old friends and family..

There was a guy in Spencerport, (burb of Rochester), by the name of Jeff Hands.. He used to have mega tons of old mopar goodies.. Anyone know him or deal with him anymore??
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Khyron

Quote from: andy74 on October 08, 2005, 12:54:17 PM
a new york dodgecharger.com meet would be kick ass!,we are all within a few hours of each other,lets set something up for the spring!  

I could organize a meet in the Catskills, maybe Grafton Park or something? it'll give me something to do this winter ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

golden73

Quote from: Steve P. on October 08, 2005, 01:41:02 PM
I was born and raised in Rochester. Does that count??     I do go back home now and then to see old friends and family..

There was a guy in Spencerport, (burb of Rochester), by the name of Jeff Hands.. He used to have mega tons of old mopar goodies.. Anyone know him or deal with him anymore??

His mother died, so he packed up everything and left. He had anything mopar related you could imagine. 2 original crate hemi's sittin in his barn that he would never sell. I am not sure where he is now, all I know is his barn and everything is cleaned out :icon_smile_sad:

Steve P.

That's a damn shame on both counts.. When I bought my first 65' Coronet 500 it was not for street use.. He had most of the interior and some other parts I needed right there in his barn.. Great guy.. I first met him while working at Sears Automotive when I was 17.. He had 4 or 5 very nasty mopars.. One was an AAR Cuda. His prize was a 68' or 69' Charger.. I forget now what year it was.

Maybe he'll show up here some time....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

golden73

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Khyron on October 08, 2005, 01:45:02 PM
Quote from: andy74 on October 08, 2005, 12:54:17 PM

I could organize a meet in the Catskills, maybe Grafton Park or something? it'll give me something to do this winter ;)

Go for it...   I   dunno where Grafton park is at exactly but in the spring there's the Rhinebeck car show first week of May.   Allso there's some opportuinities at Lebanon Valley I'm sure.      
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Khyron

I’m thinking, Cars, BBQ, and a good ol family time. Just in time for the weather fury of car shows, last minute repairs, and the bills that follow owner a car like ours :D

Nothing too crasy, maybe like an informal car show and meet and greet :D

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

golden73

Quote from: Khyron on October 08, 2005, 08:07:37 PM
I’m thinking, Cars, BBQ, and a good ol family time. Just in time for the weather fury of car shows, last minute repairs, and the bills that follow owner a car like ours :D

Nothing too crasy, maybe like an informal car show and meet and greet :D

Sounds good to me  :thumbs:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

firefighter3931

I'm 45 minutes north of the border....does that count ?   :lol: You NY guys ever hear of Ogdensburg ? It's west of Massena along the St. Lawrence...

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Steve P.

Been there Ron.. My buddy has a cabin on lake just East of Malone.. I think it's Chateaugay Lake.. Spelling is probably wrong..  Hell, it's been a while. I think Massene is much closer to the Roc. I'm so confused!! Aren't you near Kingston??  We have an A-Frame up there on White Lake..

Malone is a pain in the ass, one horse town with Barney Fyfe for a Sheriff.. Long story that I'll tell you over a Beer some time!!
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

derailed

Ron, i use to run up to Potsdam alot, not to far from there, I know a few CP guys that run out of Smith Falls.

joedotts

'CUDA360

I'm from Bayport

Suffolk county south shore.
Have not been there since '79 though..

Lots of cool Mopars in Arizona,,, Rust free too

TeeWJay426

In NH now, but grew up in central NY, and still have family there. I'd be willing to make a trip to hook up depending on date selected. My hometown is a little berg north of Cooperstown called Richfield Springs. Lived in the Utica/Rome, Syracuse and Binghamton area before leaving for better employment opportunities. Still try to get back semi-regularly; guess it will always be home to some degree!
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Old Moparz

There was a decent Mopar show near Albany, small in comparison to some others, but I liked it as a day trip when I went a few years back. The club was called Capital Area Mopars, but I haven't been there in a while so I don't know if they still do this one.

http://www.geocities.com/capareamopars/

The show was at:
Clifton Park Dodge World Ltd
1806 Route 9
Clifton Park, New York, 12065
Phone: 518-383-2277

I wouldn't mind something closer to Orange County, but I'd go. Tony D'Agostino did a show here once almost 15 years ago when he still lived up here. I thought it would have took off because it was a nice turn out. He did it at a Chrysler dealership Near Middletown, NY.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 25, 2005, 09:38:28 AM
There was a decent Mopar show near Albany, small in comparison to some others, but I liked it as a day trip when I went a few years back. The club was called Capital Area Mopars, but I haven't been there in a while so I don't know if they still do this one.

http://www.geocities.com/capareamopars/

The show was at:
Clifton Park Dodge World Ltd
1806 Route 9
Clifton Park, New York, 12065
Phone: 518-383-2277

I wouldn't mind something closer to Orange County, but I'd go. Tony D'Agostino did a show here once almost 15 years ago when he still lived up here. I thought it would have took off because it was a nice turn out. He did it at a Chrysler dealership Near Middletown, NY.

Bob,

They still do the Clifton park show...   It was in August... around the 21st.     I ended up at Round Top that day because Lisa was with me,  and I had to have her shine up the car so my friend could sell $500+ worth of Poorboys stuff that day  :o    I got a free t-shirt and a plaque  :P     And the other reason was that traffic coming home on the thruway south from Albany SUCKS on a Sunday.

Otherwise.... anybody can come on down to the McDonalds in Highland on a Friday night during the good weather months and there's a good chance I'll be there.   Maybe Ehrenberg will show up too...
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Old Moparz

I'll have to push to get the Road Runner & the Scamp done so I can get my wife to drive one while I drive the other up to Highland. I know she hates driving the Scamp since it has small drum brakes that will scare the crap out of you, so she'll have to drive the Runner. She loves driving a manual trans, so I may never get to drive this one when it's done.  ::)
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus