News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 dodge charger 500 with 440 motor on AZ craigslist

Started by petercharger, February 09, 2008, 03:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

learical1

Quote from: runninhorn on February 17, 2008, 12:49:21 AM
thanks so i guess its safe to assume its a #'s matching car?

Engine was number matching, I couldn't see the tranny numbers.
Bruce

learical1

Quote from: runninhorn on February 17, 2008, 12:56:14 AM
so I take it this car would be a great investment? :icon_smile_cool:

The vehicle is priced right.  You wouldn't be over paying or underpaying.  If you're looking to flip, you wouldn't make much on the resell.  If you want a driver you're not going to lose money on, this is it.  That said, the plates weren't current so I don't know how well it really drives, how the trany shifts, etc.  It DOES NEED brake work, but it might be as simple as an adjustment of the shoes. 
Bruce

69_500

As far as the whole question of how many were made, I'm still sticking with the figure of 392 until someone locates more than that number.

The car is priced very reasonably if you ask me. Definately a buy at that price considering the condition. It wasn't that long ago that $45K would only get you a project 500 that needed a lot of work.

learical1

here are the pix:
Bruce

learical1

next 4:
Bruce

learical1

continuing:
Bruce

learical1

more:
Bruce

learical1

last batch:
Bruce

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on February 18, 2008, 11:23:36 AM
i wish i had 40k . i'd buy that car. Rene
yes seem like a deal , from the early desciptions i figured it was rougher then what the pictures show !!!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: BigBlockSam on February 18, 2008, 11:23:36 AM
i wish i had 40k . i'd buy that car. Rene

Wish I had my '68 done.. I could probably sell it and have enough for the Daytona I want and buy this one............  It's all about timing some times....

Troy.....
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

runninhorn

who or what service do I speak with to verify that the #'s are in fact matching? Anyone know a service or person I can contact for this? Ill buy it if the #'s match.

learical1

Quote from: runninhorn on February 18, 2008, 12:28:16 PM
who or what service do I speak with to verify that the #'s are in fact matching? Anyone know a service or person I can contact for this? Ill buy it if the #'s match.

The engine matches!  the exhaust pipe was hot and in the way of seeing the tranny number.  If you can't find anyone 'impartial' to look, call the owner and ok it with him.  I'll go back out and, when the engine's cool, I'll climb back under it and see it I can see tranny numbers.  Might not happen til sunday, though.
Bruce

runninhorn

I may be buying this car :cheers:

gotta find an apprasier and #'s verifier, if that all checks out, she is mine. :yesnod:

hemi68charger

Quote from: runninhorn on February 18, 2008, 02:51:25 PM

gotta find an apprasier and #'s verifier, if that all checks out, she is mine. :yesnod:

Good luck !!! That'll be real cool if you do..............  I wouldn't be too bent over getting a "numbers matching" car for that kind of dough... It's still a C500...........

Troy
Troy

runninhorn

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 18, 2008, 03:11:45 PM

Good luck !!! That'll be real cool if you do..............  I wouldn't be too bent over getting a "numbers matching" car for that kind of dough... It's still a C500...........

Troy

my main concern in a car is to get something I like, that will hold its value and appreciate over the years I keep it while I drive the socks off!! :icon_smile_big:

banks are closed today or I would overnight the deposit today.

hemi68charger

Quote from: runninhorn on February 18, 2008, 03:14:21 PM

Troy

my main concern in a car is to get something I like, that will hold its value and appreciate over the years I keep it while I drive the socks off!! :icon_smile_big:

Well, the C500 will definitely hold it's value... If you're looking for something with the rarity-to-value as it's younger winged cousions, it won't.. You'll have to be buying more on personal desire to own one and know what you got... That car looks very complete with minimal detail work for OEM appeal, if that's what you want. ( You can say both OEM and fun in the same sentence,, I do with mine). The interior looks to be in great shape....

I did notice the red numbered "500" script on the taillamp panel though...  Or, is that a figment of my imagination? Any other C500 owners with that?
Troy

hemi68charger

Troy

I notice via your avatar you're in Dallas.. Maybe we'll cross paths and I'll see ya at the Charger Meet in Boerne.. More often then not, I'm the loan aerocar there.........

Troy
Troy

learical1

I know this appraiser.  He's more of a Ford guy, but I'd trust his work.  Been called as expert witness on court cases, etc.  Local to the Phoenix area.

http://arizona.kudzu.com/merchant/15435413.html

His name is Jim Ray. 

Bruce

69_500

Hell you pay my way to Pheonix I'll go over that car with a fine tooth comb for you. :yesnod:

I told you guys it was nicer than the 500 I have, and I think that the price he was asking for the car is in the buyers favor.

If you want someone to verify the numbers, what are you wanting to know? Already ran all the fender tag information, and like learical1 said it is a #'s matching engine. Car would be a great cruiser with the 3.23 rear gear. Unless someone has changed it out, but I doubt they would with that 22" radiator.

runninhorn

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 18, 2008, 03:33:44 PM

Troy

I notice via your avatar you're in Dallas.. Maybe we'll cross paths and I'll see ya at the Charger Meet in Boerne.. More often then not, I'm the loan aerocar there.........

Troy

hey Troy, I used to attend the Dallas Mopar Club meets from time to time in the early 90's. If i get this car, it will be at Boerne this year. :cheers:

runninhorn

Quote from: 69_500 on February 18, 2008, 04:33:37 PM
Hell you pay my way to Pheonix I'll go over that car with a fine tooth comb for you. :yesnod:

I told you guys it was nicer than the 500 I have, and I think that the price he was asking for the car is in the buyers favor.

If you want someone to verify the numbers, what are you wanting to know? Already ran all the fender tag information, and like learical1 said it is a #'s matching engine. Car would be a great cruiser with the 3.23 rear gear. Unless someone has changed it out, but I doubt they would with that 22" radiator.

Well right now I need an appraiser, anyone know one?

How much do you want to go down and look it over for me? Shoot me a price.

moparstuart

Quote from: runninhorn on February 18, 2008, 05:19:29 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on February 18, 2008, 04:33:37 PM

Well right now I need an appraiser, anyone know one?

How much do you want to go down and look it over for me? Shoot me a price.
I dont think you will find any better appraisers for aerocarsĀ  then right here, and for a 500 danny is your man !!!!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE