News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A moment of silence for Officer Gary Davis

Started by Vainglory, Esq., October 07, 2005, 01:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vainglory, Esq.

I know many of us knew "Unlawfl" from over on Moparts.  Sadly, he was murdered by a drunk driver while, ironically, arresting another man for drunk driving.  His trial is over as of yesterday, and the jury failed to convict his killer, who was driving, lights off, at about 100 MPH with 2 prior DUI convictions, when he slammed into Officer Davis' cruiser, killing Gary on the spot.

The murderer got two misdemeanor drunk driving charges, 180 days in jail, and a fine.  Remember, this is not his first time DUI, and this time he killed an officer of the law.  If you pray, please pray for him and his wife Nicki, his family and friends.  Otherwise, please take a moment of silence to reflect on what this means.  If you know you'll be getting drunk - have someone pick you up!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BrianShaughnessy

:'(

Don't want to start any arguments here but it sucks for what it's worth  :icon_smile_dissapprove:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

moparguy01

Well said. I'm none too happy about this, justice was not served. RIP Gary.

Blown70

:'( :icon_smile_angry:  This is a case of the justice system failure.  How can anyone any 6-12 memeber of society want this guy back on the road.  What does it take?

4402tuff4u

That is so unfair!! Sad story indeed. You hear that quite often. There was another officer, a women police officer few years back that was killed on duty by a drunk driver too. Ironically, I believe she was an officer that when from school to school advocating the message of not to drink and drive to kids.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

firefighter3931

What a shame, total lack of respect is how i'd characterize the verdict. I met Gary at Norwalk the previous year before his death and he was a good guy. He deserved so much more than this travesty of justice. RIP Gary   :angel:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Khyron on October 07, 2005, 08:28:14 AM
where can I get one of those cards?

The moparts tent was handing them out at E-town in '04.   Crap... I forgot who made them... I think Burnt70 Chris took several to pass out... or was it him that made them?   Several of the people that would have normally travelled to E-town didn't make the trip so they could go to the funeral.

Steve P.

Quote from: Blown70 on October 07, 2005, 08:39:54 AM
:'( :icon_smile_angry:   This is a case of the justice system failure.   How can anyone any 6-12 member of society want this guy back on the road.   What does it take?

:iagree:  In this country it would have had to be a movie star or a member of the Bush family that was killed...

I have no tolerance for those who drink and drive... Same goes for drug heads..

RIP Gary..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Chris G.

Very sad day indeed. RIP Gary.   :bawling:

Kyhron, I made those placards up for e-town and left a bunch in the Moparts tent. I think you can still get the picture from the Moparts site. I laminated them as well.

dart3404

bad1032

Our thought and prayers to the family and friends. the sad part is he is not the first and wont be the last. The system thinks they can change J.Q. Citizen and give him a deal and hope he changes his life around. NOT happening. I had a friend killed by a drunk, the driver was convicted and did 18 months, Worse part I was first on the scene.   About a year after he got out he was drunk again and crashed into a car injuring a family.

RD

lest we forget UNLAWFL....  :icon_smile_sad:

tragic case that shows that justice is indeed blind.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

6pkrunner

While not following the trial daily, I tried to remain current on the events that were taking place. I was and still am completely floored on the verdict. It is possible to get away with murder. RIP Gary - another life cut off way too short.

Brock Samson

after reading the clips (see link below) I'm floored...  :'(

RIP Officer Gary Davis... Prayers to his loved ones.  :patriot:

http://news.google.com/news?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&tab=in&q=officer+gary+davis&btnG=Search+News

Dale The Bold

I don't visit those boards all that often, but I remember him, and I remember hearing he was killed (but I didn't know how till now).  This is a series of tragedies.  I'm appalled.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

ChargerBill

RIP Gary...you are missed. Justice was not served by any means, but vengeance is the Lords. My prayers go out to his family and friends... :'(
Life is a highway...

TheGhost

The drunk will get his due, eventually.  It always comes around.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Spike

http://www.freep.com/news/locoak/campbell7e_20051007.htm

"The big issue was cause. Absolutely this was a tragic accident," said juror Cindy Houeiss. "But we felt it was a case where two people were at the wrong place at the wrong time."

Juror Wanda Schmidt said the panel did not spend much time deliberating the murder charge, instead focusing their discussion on the lesser charges.

The verdict shocked police and prosecutors.

RIP Gary.

Charger4404spd

That really sucks. How can those in the jury sleep at night. What if that happened to one of their family members?

chargermick

If you kill someone with a knife or a gun, society says that you are a murderer or a killer. If you kill someone with a car while drunk, society says "aww, he's really a good guy, he just had a little too much to drink. We can't jail a good guy like him."  TELL THAT TO THE DEAD MAN'S CHILDREN. Trust me when I tell you that it does not make a rats ass difference to kids how their father died, it still hurts the same.

Vainglory, Esq.

Wrong place at the wrong time?!?  If I'm driving 100 mph, drunk, with my headlights off, then I am ALWAYS in the wrong place.  I can't believe the jury didn't even consider it!  What a travesty of justice!

Charger_Fan

I remember reading threads on Moparts shortly after that happened & thinking how tragic & ironic the accident was...then I thought that drunk dipweed is gonna rot in jail.
Apparently not. :icon_smile_angry:

RIP, Officer Davis. :patriot:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

RD

i just read the article and I am infuriated.  this is just disgusting.  I am truly livid about this.  Nothing good can come from this.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Nupe

Quote"The big issue was cause. Absolutely this was a tragic accident," said juror Cindy Houeiss. "But we felt it was a case where two people were at the wrong place at the wrong time."

She misses the whole point that Officer Davis was there doing his job and the drunk kid should have never been there because he shouldn't have been on the road.   One good thing about this state is that it is tough on drunks.   The driver wouldn't have had it so easy here.   :rotz:   Forgot also that the kid already had an OUI.

Never met Gary, but he seemed like a heck of a guy with a good sense of humor.   RIP   :patriot:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

04lbram

Those jurors are idiots. Let's see here intoxicated behind the wheel of a car. Ummm yeah, sounds like a life sentence for me.

4402tuff4u

That tells you how bright some jurors are "wrong place at the wrong time". A big WTF do you mean?????
Look how they effed up the OJ trial.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

dkn1997

you have to see the locked thread over at moparts where a couple of scumbags actually had the balls to agree that unlawfl was to blame for what happened!!!

makes me want to beat someone.  beat someone really hard.
RECHRGED

04lbram

I take this thread very seriously as a kid I was involved with an accident with a drunk driver and not to mention years later my g/f (my beloved Alex) was killed by a drunk driver.  :flame:

TruckDriver

Quote from: chargermick on October 07, 2005, 03:44:18 PM
If you kill someone with a knife or a gun, society says that you are a murderer or a killer. If you kill someone with a car while drunk, society says "aww, he's really a good guy, he just had a little too much to drink. We can't jail a good guy like him."   TELL THAT TO THE DEAD MAN'S CHILDREN. Trust me when I tell you that it does not make a rats ass difference to kids how their father died, it still hurts the same.
:iagree:

That F'n Sucks. RIP Gary!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

General_01

Just sitting here pretty stunned. Those people must be the 12 dumbest people on the planet! :flame:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

derailed

Just goes to show what money can do. Sickning

Wakko

http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=17315

Please visit the Officer Down Memorial Page.  I hope to never be on it.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Lowprofile

A Miscarrage of justice is an understatement. Its one thing for twelve dummies to miss the boat on this case, but what really pisses me off is the Judge let this verdict stand. How that Judge lives with him/herself is beyond me.

God Bless Officer Davis & His Family.  :patriot: :engel016:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

myk

Quote from: Blown70 on October 07, 2005, 08:39:54 AM
:'( :icon_smile_angry:   This is a case of the justice system failure.   How can anyone any 6-12 memeber of society want this guy back on the road.   What does it take?

Because people as individuals are STUPID, that's why; imagine when there are 6 to 12 STUPID people put together!  The stupid-power is magnified exponentially!  It's like comparing a two stroke lawnmower versus a 60's street Hemi!  Remember OJ, Michael Jackson, and so on and so on.  People are just plain dumb.  And now a man who spent and then GAVE his life serving and protecting others has just had his life spit upon by the very same idiots he swore to serve and protect....
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

4cruzin

It is SAD indeed . . . death is a tough thing for many people.   Prayers go out to the family and all that are effected by this tragic event. 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

bad1032

If anyone ever goes to the National Law Enforcement Memorial in Washington D.C  his name will be etched on the wall .  They have stencil paper where you can get a rubbing of his name off the Wall of Honor. It is a well attended event in May every year.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Khyron on October 07, 2005, 08:28:14 AM
where can I get one of those cards?

I was gonna go find it and scan it, blah blah but it was saved on moparts already   :P

martinihenry

Ironically, a similar situation appears to be happening here in California. Officer Matt Redding, 29, of the Rocklin, CA. police department was run down and killed by a drunk 25 year old punk fleeing from Citrus Heights Police yesterday morning. Initially, they were going to charge him only with hit and run, and drunk driving, but I see now on a local news website that they are now going to charge him with vehicular manslaughter. They really need to throw the book at scumbags like this.

In my opinion, drunk drivers who kill somebody should, at the very least, have their head lopped off in the town square. I hate drunk drivers!   :flame: My uncle was killed five years ago by a loser, bottom-feeding drunk driver. They are a deadly cancer that needs to be cut from our society!

As always, just my opinion.

Jason
1969 Dodge Charger 318 (2 doors only, thank you very much)
1972 Dodge W-200 4X4 "PowerWagon"
...Only Dodge in my garage!

CFMopar

This burns me up thinking about it. It's a sad day where a drunk driver gets let of so easily for killing anyone police officer or not.....

I still have that mopar magazine with his car in it....

RIP Gary
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

chargerkid

I was stunned watchting the local news and finding out that Campbell got let go.  That's BS in my mind especially with the DUI's mentioned.  Wrong place at the wrong time?  If he wasn't drunk, he could have reacted.  I pass that section on I-75 numerous times.  It gives me a chill driving by.

I first met Gary at his place when he had his summer bash.  It was a great time.  He had bunch of Mopars in his backyard.  When it got darker, we went inside and watched some racing videos.  There was a guy that had car problems that drove down from Canada.  Gary really didn't know him.  Gary was going to lend his truck and trailer to him so he can get back home.  Gary was one of the greatest people.

Our company helped a charity event last year for Bloomfield Township Police to raise money for bullet proof vest.

Gary will never be forgotten!