News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger grille restoration database

Started by Magnumcharger, February 10, 2008, 09:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crawfishn

hi, i am looking for a left side 1971 dodge charger grille,anyone know how to get a hold of one,just got this charger last Monday,the one it has is in one piece,but has a few cracks in it,plus a few tabs came off

THE COLONEL

Well, I did some research on this topic, and the previous threads that were posted by MagnumCharger, but could not find my answer.  I will be needing grille spacers and have no idea where to get them.  I have searched, but have come up with nothing.  Does anyone have a direct link to the spacers that I can buy? :'(
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Magnumcharger

Grille spacers....what do they look like?
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

THE COLONEL

Quote from: Magnumcharger on February 23, 2009, 03:50:18 PM
Grille spacers....what do they look like?

i think they are the brackets inbetween the top plate, and the grille.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

jb666

Quote from: THE COLONEL on February 23, 2009, 10:25:56 AM
Well, I did some research on this topic, and the previous threads that were posted by MagnumCharger, but could not find my answer.  I will be needing grille spacers and have no idea where to get them.  I have searched, but have come up with nothing.  Does anyone have a direct link to the spacers that I can buy? :'(

I won this set on EBay a couple of weeks ago (at the request of the guy restoring my grill), is this what you're looking for??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120270518969&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 22, 2009, 04:55:47 PM
Wow, that kit is awesome. 

Yeah, very complete. When I brought it to the shop and handed it to one of the guys he says "WOW, where do you find this stuff?!?!".

Ebay  :shruggy: :lol:

mikepmcs

Tell em to quit being loyal to them dang chebbies and jump on the A train... or B train in this instance. :icon_smile_big:

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Landonsrt

When I went to take mine out a few weeks ago, nothing usable survived. Now im screwed!!  Nice paint job on the grille.

Silver R/T

Quote from: jb666 on March 22, 2009, 03:24:26 PM
Quote from: THE COLONEL on February 23, 2009, 10:25:56 AM

I won this set on EBay a couple of weeks ago (at the request of the guy restoring my grill), is this what you're looking for??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120270518969&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=

Are those bolts actually long enough? I got a kit on ebay a while ago for like $45 + shipping and none of the bolts could be used so I got some aftermarket ones. They were not long enough to go from top grille, through spacer and into clip.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Nassau1969

Year One has yanked them off the web.  I looked on e bay there is one on there that says its for the scoops but its not its a metal one.

tylers70charger

:brickwall: Folks.  I have followed all of the excellent links to restoration of a 1970 dodge charger grill.  My grill is in very rough shape, any handing compounds the damage.  I have checked out the problems with Premier Plastic Restorations (will not go there),  have checked with Goodmark, BEA, and can not reach Cudagrill.com by email or by phone.  No luck.  Sorry to bring this problem up again, but does anyone know of someone that is in business and really produces a reproduction grill for 1970 dodge charger?

twodko

The grill on my 69 is in good shape but I still wanted new top and bottom hardware as many of the old fasteners broke during removal. I bought a new set of hardware from Tom @ R/T Specialties. Give him a call, he carries lots 'o stuff. Good luck.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

tylers70charger

I did contact R/T specialties, and checked the site.  No 70 charger grills.  Still no luck.  Anyone know if cuda-grill.com is still in business?  anyone know of anyone that carries the 70 charger repro grill?

mopar_nut_440_6

Hello and merry Xmas to you all.

I am just working on the grill frame for my 68 and wondering if the clips which clip into the grill frame which the headlamp bezel screws turn into are available? I have a few which are broken. Here is a pic of what  I am talking about. Thanks to Charger4404spd for the liberated picture.

Cheers,

James
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

tylerk

Thanks to all of the things I learned off of this thread, I decided to tackle my grill also.
Thought i'd post these in case anyone wants to know what colors I used.  They were
SEM Trim Black, like I read about on here, and SEM Titanium Metallic.  I don't know
if anyone's tried it, but I matched it to a place on one of the fins that wasn't as worn.
Looking at it in person, it was a perfect match for mine.  Hope you enjoy.

Chatt69chgr

There is a dark titanium metallic and a light titanium metallic.  Which one did you use?

runningman

tylerk

I'm not positive, but I'd say it was the darker one.
It doesn't say on the can, but the number is 15253, if that helps.
Thanks for the compliments!

stingger68

can the center peace be changed on the 68 to make it a 69 or is there more to it? :popcrn:

stingger68

Troy

Quote from: stingger68 on July 24, 2010, 09:54:02 PM
can the center peace be changed on the 68 to make it a 69 or is there more to it? :popcrn:
Quote from: stingger68 on July 25, 2010, 01:48:54 PM
on a charger grille :icon_smile_big:
Yes. And the driver's side headlight door (and the trim of course).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

stingger68

thank you. any idea on were to start looking for one?

Troy

There are some reasonably priced complete 69 Charger grills in the Classifieds right now (eBay section). You'll probably have a fair chunk of cash sunk into finding good original parts that will still need restored (for example I've seen centers go for $400 and sides with good corners over $200). Grills are not currently being reproduced so, unfortunately, you're at the mercy of whoever has the pieces.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

stingger68

i believe that the grille will be the last thing i dill with unless some parts pop up. my 68 grille is in great driver condition so it  will do. maybe they'll repo some soon lol :2thumbs: