News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 bumper weight

Started by Ghoste, December 05, 2008, 06:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Have any of the 70 owners ever weighed their front bumper?  I was just wondering about because I had always imagined they were considerably more than 68-69 bumpers but looking more closely at recent photos on here, I'm not so sure of my original guess.

Blown70

Dont know but I know the whole thing grille motor, bumper is heavy as heck...... thus if I do used that on my 70  it will be at least a fiberglass front bumper.... I already have that.... I guess fiberglass 7 lbs or less... :2thumbs:

chgr500

On my '71 which should be quite similar..... once all the metal brackets and grills are removed and it's just the loop bumper it is surprisingly light..with the bumper loaded it's a pretty good grunt  :fart2:  just to move it around the shop 

Ghoste

Quote from: chgr500 on December 06, 2008, 12:30:53 AM
On my '71 which should be quite similar.....

You're probably right but oddly, the 71's never struck me as appearing that way.

BROCK

I bought an extra 70 front clip minus hood back in the 90s.  Took it apart for storage.  Yeah, the
bumper with lower support & frame mounts is heavy.  The rest is not so bad.  I doubt a fibreglass
bumper will save enough weight to really notice.  Now doing up that lower support in Aluminum or
fibreglass will really cut the weight - but there goes your collision protection.

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world