News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New guy on site

Started by als500, February 14, 2008, 12:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

als500

Hi there I'm new to the site, I have a charger 500 440/4 speed , 3 build sheet and all paperwork when it new. The charger was sold new at Stanley Dodge National City, California on March 21, 1969. The color is F8 dark green with white stripe green interior all matching numbers. I have the original California tag that was issue in 1969, which is a black plate along with the California registration. The car is in mint condition. Its a cool car.. :icon_smile_cool:

hotrod98

Welcome to the site. Oh, and we expect pics. ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

A383Wing

Yea...where's the pics?   :scratchchin:

Welcome to da house!!   :2thumbs:

Bryan

RAC95054

Welcome!  Yes, pictures please!  And I would like to buy it!  :icon_smile_big:
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

Dans 68

Welcome! Now that that is out of the way, you now need to post a couple hundred photos of your ride to make up for the heretofore lack of photos. It sounds like a beautiful car!   :yesnod:  And please register it with Chris http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/:2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

hemi68charger

Hey there Al...
Glad to see you made the site.......  It's a great place to be...............

Think there's a guy I can help with on the wheel lip moulding........ I'll email you his contact info.....

Al's C500 is gorgeous............... Look out for Russ though, he's persistant..  :icon_smile_big:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

tan top

hello & welcome  :cheers: .......... would love to see some pictures of your C500 also ................. :2thumbs: .......... :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Dans 68 on February 14, 2008, 01:37:17 AM
Welcome! Now that that is out of the way, you now need to post a couple hundred photos of your ride to make up for the heretofore lack of photos. It sounds like a beautiful car!   :yesnod:  And please register it with Chris http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/:2thumbs:

Dan

Thanks for the props Dan...Al has already registered his ride.  The last pics I have of it show its coming along veeeery nicely :drool5:

Welcome to the site! :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

70Sbird

Welcome,
I've only been a member here a short time and have been very happy with the info and responses I've gotten!
:2thumbs:

Scott Faulkner

hemigeno

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 14, 2008, 07:29:24 AM
Look out for Russ though, he's persistant..  :icon_smile_big:

...Like a few others on this site as well...   ;)   :nana:  :2thumbs:

Welcome to the site, Al!!!  Looking forward to seeing some pics if you can post 'em.

:wave:

WINGR

Hi All, welcome to the site.Also, looing forward to seeing some pics of your Charger.  :2thumbs:

WINGR

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on February 14, 2008, 10:11:39 AM
Look out for Russ though, he's persistant..  :icon_smile_big:

...Like a few others on this site as well...   ;)   :nana:  :2thumbs:

Welcome to the site, Al!!!  Looking forward to seeing some pics if you can post 'em.

:wave:

Yeap, like Geno says... I'm a persistant person as well.... except, I'm looking for one of those C500's with a wing and nose on it........... Oh, wait a minute... Geno, you referring to Lil' ole me?
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

RAC95054

Al's C500 is gorgeous............... Look out for Russ though, he's persistant..  :icon_smile_big:

Troy

I can't help it... it's just that these cars were designed so beautifully!  :drool5:

-Russ
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

BigBlockSam

:wave:  Howdy, watch out foe cuppy, he's trouble . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

Welcome to the site. There is always room for one more Charger 500 on the site isn't there? As long they don't mind me bugging them with questions about it that is.

69_500

I was just getting ready to post the photo's of you car that you sent Al. But it appears that you beat me to it. Did you update those last night?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69_500 on February 15, 2008, 02:57:54 PM
I was just getting ready to post the photo's of you car that you sent Al. But it appears that you beat me to it. Did you update those last night?

Woah!  Those are a nice update to the pics you sent me a while back!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparchris

Welcome Al !!  Great C500 you have there.  To quote a past president, " I have lust in my heart" or possibly I have it somewhere else, anyway I go to the Spring Fling shows often but have never seen your car.  You should take it to one.  :2thumbs: 

hemi68charger

Quote from: als500 on February 14, 2008, 12:06:35 AM
Hi there I'm new to the site, I have a charger 500 440/4 speed , 3 build sheet and all paperwork when it new. The charger was sold new at Stanley Dodge National City, California on March 21, 1969. The color is F8 dark green with white stripe green interior all matching numbers. I have the original California tag that was issue in 1969, which is a black plate along with the California registration. The car is in mint condition. Its a cool car.. :icon_smile_cool:

Ah man.... Al.. That's on A1A on Palm Beach, no? Isn't that near Royal Palm Way?

Troy
Troy

xs29j8Bullitt

Welcome to the Aero Car forum Al... from another "Al" who also owns a 440 4-Speed Charger 500!

Allen  aka "XS"
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

als500

Troy,

You're right on the money its A1A at worth Ave near Royal Palm Beach Way, great place to hang out and chill out. :icon_smile_cool:

als500

Yes I finally figured out how to do post the pics, thanks for the help. :icon_smile_cool:

69_500

Oh believe me it would have been no problem at all to resize them and post for you. I am always up for  :drool5: over any and all photo's of 500's or of Daytona's. Heck I even  :drool5: over some photo's of Superbirds, but lets not get carried away.  :icon_smile_wink:

hemi68charger

Quote from: als500 on February 15, 2008, 08:58:43 PM
Troy,

You're right on the money its A1A at worth Ave near Royal Palm Beach Way, great place to hang out and chill out. :icon_smile_cool:

I went to Twin Lakes High School, just on the other side of the intercoastal.. It's now a museum from what I understand... Let just say I have spent many many many years there.. That's where I grew up hanging out with Andy.. Also, it's a great place to go with your girlfriend to "park"  :icon_smile_big:

Man, I knew that corner as soon as I saw it....... You live out there on the Island?  Man, it's a small world.... I've spent plenty of days in my '68 Charger and '70 six pack Charger R/T on those roads... On some Sat.'s, I would take A1A all the way down to Ft. Lauderdale and go to Neba's on the corner of Sunrise and US1 for the biggest street meet in South Florida.. That was during the early to mid 80's

Troy
Troy

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

66chargerkid

welcome to the looney bin! :icon_smile_big:! Beautiful car.

als500

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 15, 2008, 11:00:29 PM
Troy,

I went to Twin Lakes High School, just on the other side of the intercoastal.. It's now a museum from what I understand... Let just say I have spent many many many years there.. That's where I grew up hanging out with Andy.. Also, it's a great place to go with your girlfriend to "park"  :icon_smile_big:

Man, I knew that corner as soon as I saw it....... You live out there on the Island?  Man, it's a small world.... I've spent plenty of days in my '68 Charger and '70 six pack Charger R/T on those roads... On some Sat.'s, I would take A1A all the way down to Ft. Lauderdale and go to Neba's on the corner of Sunrise and US1 for the biggest street meet in South Florida.. That was during the early to mid 80's

Troy
Troy

No, I don't live on the Island that for rich people but I still hang out there in the mopar, like I did back in the days. I went to Foresthill High School and the hang out beach was Clark beach in early 80's which was about 5 blocks north from where I took that picture, It was fun back then. Twin Lakes High is now fine art school, my brother went there in the late 70's ..

hemi68charger

Quote from: als500 on February 16, 2008, 12:24:49 AM
Troy,

Troy
Troy

No, I don't live on the Island that for rich people but I still hang out there in the mopar, like I did back in the days. I went to Foresthill High School and the hang out beach was Clark beach in early 80's which was about 5 blocks north from where I took that picture, It was fun back then. Twin Lakes High is now fine art school, my brother went there in the late 70's ..

You remember anything about the South Florida Mopar Club back then? I help start it with Bob, Sue and a few other diehearts back then...  You ain't kiddin' about Palm Beach.. That's the Beverly Hills of the South East Coast. Good ole' Forest Hill.. I remember playing you guys in football and soccer... Class of '82 for me.
Troy

als500

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 16, 2008, 08:16:10 AM
Quote from: als500 on February 16, 2008, 12:24:49 AM
Troy,

Troy
Troy

You remember anything about the South Florida Mopar Club back then? I help start it with Bob, Sue and a few other diehearts back then...  You ain't kiddin' about Palm Beach.. That's the Beverly Hills of the South East Coast. Good ole' Forest Hill.. I remember playing you guys in football and soccer... Class of '82 for me.
All my friends back then had chevys, I was the only one of them that had a 71 charger 500 back in 1980. There wasn't too many Mopars in my hood back then except for 1974 cuda that a guy drove to Foresthill high but we weren't in any car clubs, we just raced down Parker ave just about every day. Man we were crazy back then or should i say stupid but when your 17 its really cool. :icon_smile_cool:

68RT4ME

Hey Al ole buddy, Glad to see you here. I knew it would be just a matter of time. Yup, those were the daze...Ahum, I meant days.... ;D  We were rival schools back then. I ran around town with Hawkes all the time. Great pics, I was thinking you'd send me some more. We need to get together for a photo shoot.

Andy
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

als500

Quote from: 68RT4ME on February 16, 2008, 04:39:17 PM
Hey Al ole buddy, Glad to see you here. I knew it would be just a matter of time. Yup, those were the daze...Ahum, I meant days.... ;D  We were rival schools back then. I ran around town with Hawkes all the time. Great pics, I was thinking you'd send me some more. We need to get together for a photo shoot.

Andy
What's up bro,we definitely need to hook up for that photo shoot,. We will get together soon and I will send you some more pics shortly. :icon_smile_cool:

Take care Al..

als500

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on February 15, 2008, 05:44:08 PM

Woah!  Those are a nice update to the pics you sent me a while back!

Thanks, I looked on your site and I didn't see the stuff that I send you. Am I looking in the wrong place.? :icon_smile_cool:

69_500

Oooh, your online again. Does this mean more photo's of the car? My wife would   :slap: if she knew how many different photo's of Charger 500's I have stored on the hard drive of this computer. It would be a slight understatement to say its THOUSANDS. But there is always room for more right?