News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird grille mesh size

Started by oldcarnut, February 17, 2008, 01:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

I found a partial sheet of mesh that looks like the SB grille mesh I saw on a post here.  Across the hex flats id is 1/4'' with the hex border wall a little over 1/32" and sheet thickness is 1/32" .  If this is pretty close to the real size, maybe someone could tell me what the grille L X W is for me to cut it.  I can get several pc's out from it but it's alum. sheet and may not be stiff enough for the purpose.  My RR hasn't even been delivered yet and I already find myself starting to get excited about getting/making parts for the clone despite I'm a little short for hands on SB knowledge which brings me to another question.  Since I ended up with a RR instead of a Charger, do I gotta go somewhere else to share my progress?  I've found a lot of helpfull stuff here and haven't seen another forum quite like it with all the aero pics and building help from the members  :cheers: especially since I'm starting from scratch.   

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

oldcarnut

Thats the pic I was refering to.  Looks just about like it only I'm guessing that one is steel.   
David

pettybird

They are steel, yes.  as far as exact size, it's in the engineering design booklet--I don't know where mine is. 

This is the place to ask 'bird questions...  if there's a place on the internet with more wing car people i haven't found it.

oldcarnut

Thanks, I have a friend thats going to measure the length and width on his so I can cut several out of it and maybe someone may have a need for a piece.

62 Max

7 1/2" x 23" and I could use one! :icon_smile_big:

oldcarnut

Might can do.  Lets see how many I can get out of it this weekend.  Thanks

Aero426

We sell those for screens $25 which also includes the shipping to you.    They are cut out on a shear, and are steel. 

daytonalo

How about Daytona screen ??? Orig square type only !!

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on February 20, 2008, 05:00:08 PM
if doug doesnt have them ,My buddy wayne perkins here in kansas sells daytona grill mesh and the fender screens also

here is his email address he will gladly sell them to you   farmboy36b@comcast.net
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

Quote from: moparstuart on February 20, 2008, 05:06:08 PM
Quote from: daytonalo on February 20, 2008, 05:00:08 PM
if doug doesnt have them ,My buddy wayne perkins here i kansas sells daytona grill mesh and the fender screens also

here is his email address he will gladly sell them to you   farmboy36b@comcast.net

I only have the Bird screen.  Go to Wayne on the Daytonas.

Aero426

Quote from: 62 Max on February 20, 2008, 09:32:04 AM

When you cut these, you need to allow for the curve of the frame.  Mine fit in there snug and I make them a little larger.    7 7/8" x 23 5/8"    I test fit them to an NOS frame.

oldcarnut

Quote from: 62 Max on February 20, 2008, 09:32:04 AM
Ok I got one extra.  If you still want it send me your address and you can have it.  Just ask that you cover for the shipping.  I'm supposed to leave for Germany on the job for 3 weeks this Fri so if I get it before then I'll try to get it out.  I cut it to the larger size.
David