News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 12, 2012, 05:45:56 PM
good to see the "dinger" back. hope he keeps himself clean. :2thumbs:
:iagree: :iagree:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

JB400

It stinks that Brad run out of gas.  Otherwise, he could have scored another one.  More excitement for the fans I guess for the championship.   :2thumbs: to Smith for blowing up Jr.s' car.  It'll make him that much more antsy to get back in it.  Too bad JJ didn't get that motor.

Budnicks

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 14, 2012, 01:26:40 AM
It stinks that Brad run out of gas.  Otherwise, he could have scored another one.  More excitement for the fans I guess for the championship.   :2thumbs: to Smith for blowing up Jr.s' car.  It'll make him that much more antsy to get back in it.  Too bad JJ didn't get that motor.
yep that sucked for the Brad & the Blue deuce team
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

JB400

Kansas sure ate a bunch of cars.  Glad to see the 43 was competitive  for a while. But, Kenseth won again.

A383Wing

repaved track & rock hard tires make the cars act like driving on ice

Bryan

JB400

Goodyear should do it more often.  I'm tired of seeing these guys and gal just out for a Sunday drive.

TruckDriver

The cup series is supposed  to be releasing a date eventually that they are going to be racing at Road America as well. I got that from a coworker, who's daughter works for Dale Jr. He Thought it will be on the 2013 or 2014  schedule.

And starting next year, NASCAR is doing away with that top 35 rule for qualifing. in both Sprint Cup and Nationwide.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/changes-coming-sprint-cup-nationwide-series-nascar-fan-063600103--nascar.html

And there is a good chance the trucks might be running the dirt track Eldora starting next year. That's Tony Steward's track.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/tony-stewart-says-d-ecstatic-nascar-came-eldora-162831955--nascar.html;_ylt=A2KJjanYIYVQilEA1RpNbK5_
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Aero426

A Cup race at Road America would be fantastic.   I think the current Nationwide race has the best attendance of any race in that series other than Daytona in Feb. 

41husk

When was the last time a Dodge team one the chase or a Championship in the cup series?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Aero426

Quote from: 41husk on October 22, 2012, 11:57:30 AM
When was the last time a Dodge team one the chase or a Championship in the cup series?

1975, Petty Charger.

41husk

Wow 37 years.  I wonder if there will ever be another Dodge team.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 41husk on October 22, 2012, 01:09:42 PM
Wow 37 years.  I wonder if there will ever be another Dodge team.

You'd have to think it'd pique the interest of some teams like say maybe Michael Andretti?   You can't help but wonder since Penske is only a 2 car team & it has performed as well as it has.
A lot has to do with Brad but Sam seems to be holding his own too.

Mopar being in the sport is the only reason I've continued to watch.  Going to Daytona isn't the dream it once was unfortunately.

I mean, the new car's approved & waiting.  It'd be super cool if a one car team would sneak in there & compete next year.   ;)

djcarguy

ITS ALL RIGGED,,LIKE PRO WRESTLING AND BASEBALL SERIES :brickwall: :RantExplode: :Twocents: 7,7,7,7,7 GAMES TIME AFTER TIME ................COME ON,,,,TOTALLY FIXXED,,TALKING MILLIONS OR BILLIONS $$$$$$$$$$?

THATS WHY THEY'RE HAVING BRAD AND DODGE WIN SOME THIS YEAR,DRIVE UP INTEREST IN DODGE AND A NEW TEAM AND GET FOCUS OFF TOYOTA AND THE  KIA TEAM OR WAS IT IKA SOME ASSEMBLE REQUIRED..

THEY HAD TONY WRECK THE WHOLE PACK SO BRAD COULD DRIVE THRU THE GRASS LIKE SOME HERO AND MOVE UP AND GET TONS OF NEWS AND TV EXPOSURE TO PROMOTE  NASCAR. SLIPPING GRIP ON MARKET AND TICKET SALES AND MEGA BILLIONS IN PROFITS....IT ALL MONEY NOT THE CARS ,LOOK LIKE GENARIC BLOOBS RUNNING ON TRACK...........................ALL BOUT THE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ??   :RantExplode: :brickwall:

chargerboy69

I am not so sure it is rigged.  Do they throw cautions at odd times. . yep, they sure do.  In my opinion to bunch up the field.  Though, they do not do it like they did say 5 to 8 years ago.

NASCAR can not pick and choose who wins.  There are way to many variables out of their control.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

JB400

They just play favs sometimes with the caution flag and penalties

Chargen69

Quote from: djcarguy on October 23, 2012, 05:31:01 AM
ITS ALL RIGGED,,LIKE PRO WRESTLING AND BASEBALL SERIES :brickwall: :RantExplode: :Twocents: 7,7,7,7,7 GAMES TIME AFTER TIME ................COME ON,,,,TOTALLY FIXXED,,TALKING MILLIONS OR BILLIONS $$$$$$$$$$?

THATS WHY THEY'RE HAVING BRAD AND DODGE WIN SOME THIS YEAR,DRIVE UP INTEREST IN DODGE AND A NEW TEAM AND GET FOCUS OFF TOYOTA AND THE  KIA TEAM OR WAS IT IKA SOME ASSEMBLE REQUIRED..

THEY HAD TONY WRECK THE WHOLE PACK SO BRAD COULD DRIVE THRU THE GRASS LIKE SOME HERO AND MOVE UP AND GET TONS OF NEWS AND TV EXPOSURE TO PROMOTE  NASCAR. SLIPPING GRIP ON MARKET AND TICKET SALES AND MEGA BILLIONS IN PROFITS....IT ALL MONEY NOT THE CARS ,LOOK LIKE GENARIC BLOOBS RUNNING ON TRACK...........................ALL BOUT THE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ??   :RantExplode: :brickwall:

oh yeah, so they HAD tony wreck the field, yeah right.  put out the most popular driver with a concussion on purpose too, yeah right.  oh yeah, they controlled the freaking rain at homestead last year too so that Tony could win the championship,  oh yeah it was their choice that JJ won 5 in a row too.  If it was rigged as you say, then Mark Martin would have won the title a few years ago when he was real close.

:slap:

A383Wing

Quote from: djcarguy on October 23, 2012, 05:31:01 AM

let's here another story

JB400

Dale Lsr. is cleared to drive at Martinsville, but Allmendinger is still in the 51. :2thumbs:  Glad to hear he's getting a second chance in Cup. :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 23, 2012, 08:21:55 PM
Dale Lsr. is cleared to drive at Martinsville, but Allmendinger is still in the 51. :2thumbs:  Glad to hear he's getting a second chance in Cup. :2thumbs:

holy crap batman, they are bringing back dale sr.????  i cant wait to see that trick. :smilielol: :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 24, 2012, 09:31:46 AM

holy crap batman, they are bringing back dale sr.????  i cant wait to see that trick. :smilielol: :smilielol:

I wasa thinking the same thing Jim.  Dale Sr would probably lower the weight after all these years.  Are they going to hold the race until holloween? :smilielol:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on October 24, 2012, 09:44:03 AM
Quote from: nvrbdn on October 24, 2012, 09:31:46 AM

I wasa thinking the same thing Jim.  Dale Sr would probably lower the weight after all these years.  Are they going to hold the race until holloween? :smilielol:
yup just in time for  Halloween 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

JB400

Side note  Dale Jr.= Dale Lsr.  I'm not much for Jr because he's overrated.  Stewart and JJ fall in this group as well.  It's bad enough that I almost route for Gordon when he does good.  Almost

nvrbdn

oh, dale loser. ok i see now. :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

i cant believe you almost root for the whining baby gordon. i root for no one in the cheater, cry baby,and whiner camp. (sorry kasey)  :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

chargerboy69

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 24, 2012, 02:20:12 PM
Side note  Dale Jr.= Dale Lsr.  I'm not much for Jr because he's overrated.  Stewart and JJ fall in this group as well.  It's bad enough that I almost route for Gordon when he does good.  Almost

I have to take issue with this.  Jimmie Johnson and Tony Stewart overrated?

Stewart:

1994 USAC National Midget Series Champion
1995 USAC Triple Crown Champion
1997 Indy Racing League Champion
3 Time NASCAR Cup Series Champion

Jimmie:

5 Time NASCAR Cup Series Champion

Yea, your right, overrated.  I would guess you ask any team owner to pick one driver they can have.  Just a guess, but I would bet every single one would say Jimmie.  I am guessing Tony would be in the top three or four. Have they had good teams, cars, engine builders. . sure have.  But these things do not drive themselves either. Jimmie will go down as one of the greatest drivers ever. As a side note, I am a huge Ryan Newman fan, so I am not sticking up for my guy. I just believe these two deserve a lot more respect for what they have accomplished. Just my opinion.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford