News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

400/6/PAC

Hamlin appears to be OK but He is being transported to the hospital.
That was The most exciting finish I've seen in a long time.

cdr

Quote from: 400/6/PAC on March 24, 2013, 05:44:17 PM
Hamlin appears to be OK but He is being transported to the hospital.
That was most exciting finish I've seen in a long time.

very good race
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

JB400

By the way Tony's talking, Logano isn't gonna do well next week at Martinsville.

Budnicks

yep decent race, I didn't get to see most of it but saw the last 10 laps...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 24, 2013, 06:06:44 PM
By the way Tony's talking, Logano isn't gonna do well next week at Martinsville.
:2thumbs: Tony looked & sounded pissed...

A383Wing

Logano is a tool as well...he just made my same list as the 24 & 48 cars...I hope he has a target on his back for the rest of the year...he deserves what he gets from now on

Bryan

thedodgeboys

Quote from: Budnicks on March 24, 2013, 06:07:43 PM
yep decent race, I didn't get to see most of it but saw the last 10 laps...

then you caught the best racing of the day   :D

nvrbdn

logano is definately not making friends.  before the race they said people will keep pushing on logano until he hits one of them. i think a few of them need to hit him. he whines and is close to becoming a cry baby gordon clone. last year he cried that people (ryan newman for one) were racing too hard. good for tony for trying to get a punch or two in.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 24, 2013, 06:06:44 PM

I hope not, I can't stand him :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Aero426

Quotes from Tony on Twitter:

"it's time he learns a lesson, he's run his mouth long enough...he's nothing but a little rich kid that's never had to work in his life so he's gonna lean what us working guys who had to work our way up how it works"

and...

"If he ever turns down across in front of me again, I don't care what lap it is, he won't make it to the other end of it."

and...

"What the hell do you think I was mad about.  Dumb little son-of-a-[bleep] runs us clear down to the infield. He wants to [bleep] about everybody else and he's the one who drives like a little [bleep]. I'm going to bust his ass."

dyslexic teddybear

Not a fan of either.....

but think Tony should look at some clips of his own driving at Talladega last year....

Can't stand a hypocrite.

dads_69

How unprofessional of tony Stewart once again. What a douche bag crybabyass loser. He needs to be fined and his lic suspended a few races to get his attitude adjusted. Come at me like he did and I'd kick his ass.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

hemi68charger

I thought the race was great. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary regarding Joey and Denny. Now, I really like Tony, but Joey was protecting his position for a 1st place run... Tony's done it himself ( he was hot under the collar for sure )........... It is time for Joey to make it clear he'll not be run over.........

:2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

dyslexic teddybear

Kinda wonder what Nascar is going to do.....

Fine Hamlin for critizing the car......and let Tony get away with all he said?

nvrbdn

well, im a tony fan of sorts. being that im a huge ryan newman fan and tony moved him over to his team. harvick next year, but back to the subject,

now im not a kurt bush fan, but he really got in trouble for language with reporters.
    and i understand he also went farther and was a bit out of control, but it shows what can be said under pressure at the end of a race. i wonder if tony will be talked to???
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

Tony is like Dale Sr.  He'll get away with it.  Anybody remember when was the last time Tony got penalized for anything outside of pitroad penalties or car infractions?  I say it was at least a decade ago.

I looked and couldn't find anything.  There is a lot of people wondering why Tony didn't get penalized for a lot of altercations throughout the years.

TruckDriver

Hamlin has compression fracture in lower back

Sounds like he is going to be out for a while  :rotz:

"Denny Hamlin suffered a compression fracture in his lower spine during Sunday's last-lap crash at Fontana, Calif., his racing team said Monday.

Joe Gibbs Racing disclosed the injury and said Hamlin was expected to be released soon from a Southern California hospital to return home. He has what is called an L1 compression fracture; essentially, the first vertebra in the lumbar section of his spine collapsed.

There was no immediate word on how long his recovery would take. JGR said he will be evaluated by Dr. Jerry Petty of Carolina Neurosurgery and Spine Associates later this week. The injury is a bit more common in open-wheel racing, which has had three incidents of drivers breaking their backs since 2009."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/hamlin-compression-fracture-lower-back-185147219--nascar.html

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

HeavyFuel

Logano seems like a punk....I don't know him personally.

I've been around Stewart and he's kind of a dick to people....and he think's that the world revolves around him: 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/tony-stewart-blocking-aficionado-ticked-joey-logano-blocking-005903978--nascar.html

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 24, 2013, 06:30:41 PM
logano is definately not making friends.  before the race they said people will keep pushing on logano until he hits one of them. i think a few of them need to hit him. he whines and is close to becoming a cry baby gordon clone. last year he cried that people (ryan newman for one) were racing too hard. good for tony for trying to get a punch or two in.
Amen to that  :2thumbs:

General_01

I am a Tony fan. Loved his reaction to Joey. I figure the biggest thing is that Tony ended up falling way back after that and he is already having a poor start to the season so he is just frustrated with everything in general right now.

EVERY DRIVER OUT THERE IS A HYPOCRITE. They all remember who crossed them but never remember who they crossed. :icon_smile_big:

Also, I think Tony was fined a couple years ago at Daytona when him and Kurt Busch were beatin' and bangin' during practice. I thought some reporters said Tony punched Kurt right in the Nascar hauler and was fined for it, but nobody came out and said it was for that.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

JB400

If Hamlin is out, I bet Elliot Sadler will be in the 11 next week.  Brian Scott is the other Gibbs driver, but I doubt they will risk his Rookie of the Year opportunity.

thedodgeboys

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 25, 2013, 09:37:43 PM
If Hamlin is out, I bet Elliot Sadler will be in the 11 next week.  Brian Scott is the other Gibbs driver, but I doubt they will risk his Rookie of the Year opportunity.
Next week is an off week so he has 2 weeks to decide what to do.

If its serious out for a few months if he can deal with the pain maybe not miss any races but could start and bail for a few weeks.

JB400

Thanks for the correction.  I keep forgetting about Easter. :brickwall:

chargerboy69

I am betting he will be out a while, sounds like he is thinking the same thing. From Jayski. . . .

Denny Hamlin walked out of Loma Linda University Medical Center on Monday night under his own power, one day after sustaining a fractured L1 vertebra in a crash at Auto Club Speedway. Hamlin, wearing a thick back brace under a gray sweatshirt, had difficulty breathing as he spoke to two reporters, including one from USA TODAY Sports, upon his release. Hamlin said he immediately knew "I was in big trouble" after he felt a pop in his back following a violent collision with the wall  the result of a crash triggered by contact with rival Joey Logano as the two raced for the win on the final lap. "The position I was in, I couldn't breathe at all," Hamlin said. "I'm still having a hard time breathing. Literally, when I felt a pop, I couldn't move at all and I knew I had to get flat to my back to be able to breathe again. That's why I rushed out and just laid flat on the ground to start breathing again." Hamlin, who was en route to fly home to North Carolina, said he had to be 100% straight  no bending at all. Otherwise, he said, "I run out of breath." Though it's too early to tell whether Hamlin will miss any races, he seemed to understand there was a lengthy recovery in front of him. He tried to read up on the injury, he said, and nothing was very encouraging. Hamlin said he will meet with Dr. Jerry Petty near Charlotte on Wednesday or Thursday for further evaluation. "He's going to spend tomorrow looking at scans to distinguish what the next step is," Hamlin said. "We're kind of leaving the analyzing for him on what to do either surgery-wise or just stick with a brace and let it heal itself. Either way, obviously, both of them take a lot of time."
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 25, 2013, 02:36:37 PM
Tony is like Dale Sr.  He'll get away with it.  Anybody remember when was the last time Tony got penalized for anything outside of pitroad penalties or car infractions?  I say it was at least a decade ago.

I looked and couldn't find anything.  There is a lot of people wondering why Tony didn't get penalized for a lot of altercations throughout the years.

You called it correct. Tony will get away with it.

I like Nascar less. Good finish.....but every time they do something like fine Hamlin and let the Hendrick boys do what they like.....I become less a fan. Less likely to spend $$$ at a Nascar track. More likely to spend $$$ at a NHRA track.