News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerman68

so much for qualifying  damn rain :brickwall:
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

hutch

Quote from: pettyfan43 on July 10, 2008, 10:20:05 PM
Look, it happens every year or two. Somebody finds something in their setup of the car, and goes on a tear winning races. Newman won 8 in 93 in THEIR first year with Dodge.

A few years ago Matt Kenseth won 6 or 7. IT happens and EVERY time it does, people go around screaming about how Such & Such driver is the best driver. You ever notice that Gordon had a few years where he won a BUNCH of races. Yeah I know he got lucky. You can't TELL me that Busch is a better driver than Stewart. Newman Gordon (MAN that hurts to say) or even Jimmy Johnson ( I think I just threw up in my mouth a little!)

Have you noticed that the Gibbs yotas are the ONLY yotas that are even consistently competitive?

Whereas Evernham AND Penske Dodges have won races.  I LOVE how busch is the greatest driver for winning races, and Newman won the Daytona 500 and he "got lucky".  Kyle busch couldn't win ANYWHERE besides bristol before this year.

His high tide WILL drop, he is just on a roll right now. The best on the track, NO!

How long have you been paying attention to the sport anyway? (just curious)

Well he must be getting lucky in his setups with craftsman and nationwide because he drives the hell out of them as well.   
I know ever once in a while the setup gets sweat but the kid can drive.   Let time play it out.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

The70RT

Gibbs didn't dump Tony....it was the other way around. I agree Kyle is just hitting the setup's first with the new car. Best driver.... :smilielol: What about Johnsons domination the last couple of years???...yeah he had them pretty much covered. Kasey won 6 two years ago and last year didn't win any. So it goes to say don't kiss the prince till he is one. The ony cup Kyle needs is a nut cup if he keeps showing his ass.....no matter who you are the wall feels the same.  :Twocents:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hutch

Quote from: The70RT on July 11, 2008, 09:26:36 AM
Gibbs didn't dump Tony....it was the other way around. I agree Kyle is just hitting the setup's first with the new car. Best driver.... :smilielol: What about Johnsons domination the last couple of years???...yeah he had them pretty much covered. Kasey won 6 two years ago and last year didn't win any. So it goes to say don't kiss the prince till he is one. The ony cup Kyle needs is a nut cup if he keeps showing his ass.....no matter who you are the wall feels the same.  :Twocents:

I think what happens is people like Smoke, Johnson and Gordon start to move away from being a driver and start selling suger water or tools or worry more about that stupid radio show Tony has more and than  racing.  And getting married and having kids starts to change the size of your nuts when you get behind the wheel for some people.   I like to see a driver drive in more than just the cup races.  when is the last time gordon ran in a nationwide race or a truck race?  Why does he not drive in the truck races do you ask?  because he feels he does not need to take the risk to prove himself.  He is a franchize now for Pisspee suger water  and has too much to lose if he gets hurt or gets beat by a bunch of rookys.   Its not about racing for him anymore its about the money.   I say give it to the young guns that want to get behind a wheel every night.  Thats racing.  Look at Denny Hamlin driving in local short tracks during the weekdays on top of running tucks and nationwide.  That boy loves racing and he gets my respect for it.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: chargerboy69 on July 10, 2008, 06:45:10 PM

Your right that GM did not want to lose him. They are the ones who paid Gibbs off for the rest of his contract. I am sure it was a decent amount of cash. As soon as Gibbs signed with Toyota rumors flew right away Stewart was leaving.

" Stewart said GM was a variable in his decision, but added the manufacturer paid nothing to help get the team despite reports Chevrolet bought out the final year of his deal at JGR.

"GM did not give us money to do this," Stewart said.

Nobody had to."

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/news/story?id=3482073

Chargen69

Quote from: hutch on July 06, 2008, 08:14:25 PM
In talking with my buddy about it today, he said he never has the sound on the TV, he keeps the radio playing the MRN broadcast. turned up loud with the TV on and gets better coverage.  Might try that next week.  They do cover more race time than Fox did. I just want to know whats going on all around the track.

that is really the way to go on watching the races.  I hate to say it, but give me Darrell Waltrip anyday over Rusty Wallace and Wally D. as far as the announcing goes.

this past daytona race was the WORST tv I have watched in a long time.

it sounded like Wally D. was getting off everytime somebody wrecked.  "oh, oh oh!!"

:flush: :puke: :puke: :puke:

hutch

hmmmm,,,,  did I see some ugly kid out drive Jimmie Johnson on the last restart?    :scratchchin:

:scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

odd,,,,

Looked like Jimmie had the stronger "faster" car,,,, hmmmmm,  how could that of happend,,,,,   very odd..  :scratchchin:

I will tell ya how!

THAT BOY CAN DRIVE!    :nana:

And dear God someone shoot Larry Mc for doing that dumb ass magic trick crap when I am trying to watch a race.

chargerman68

And dear God someone shoot Larry Mc for doing that dumb ass magic trick crap when I am trying to watch a race.

:iagree:

im glad TNT is done ........no many damn commercials....
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

hutch

why on earth do they let him do that magic crap?  Do they think we are burnt out on the race and need a break?  Its one thing to hit us with commercials because they need to pay for the show, but its 100% rude for them to inject some 3rd grade magic act in the middle of the one sport I wait all week to see.  I open they lose their contract.  :Twocents:

General_01

I could care less what Larry Mac does. If it amuses some kids watching, great. I use the time to get a beverage or a snack or use the restroom.

As far as PeeWee being better than other drivers, I will hold my judgement until after he hits the wall hard sometime and has to spend a few races out of the car. I beleive you mentioned that other drivers lose their drive after they get married and what not. The thing about Johnson, Gordon and Stewart is that they all have hit the walls hard. Every driver drives fearless when they just get here. Look at some of the moves these kids make out there. They are incredible when they work. The older you get you don't think about how great it will be when you make the move. You start wondering what will happen if it doesn't. Gordon used to be a cocky SOB behind the wheel. I remember the pass he made on Rusty at Daytona years ago. Rusty lifted to let him in because Gordon was gonna make the pass or drive right through a slower car. And I don't mean a car doing 2 mph less. This was a car coming up to speed and was probably doing about 120 mph to Gordons 200 mph. He didn't care than. He has hit the wall a few times since then. Tony was out for a bit last year with his shoulder. I don't think Johnson has missed any races, but he has hit the wall pretty hard. Also, these three drivers have all won Championships and are big picture drivers now. If Kyle wins a Championship, he will get that too. You can't win it if you ain't in it.

Kyle wants to drive all the series. That's great. I doubt he will be doing that next year. I don't think Gibbs will chance losing their top driver next year to injuries and I doubt Kyle will want to do them all either, especially if he loses the Cup Championship. I don't know anything about Kyle's contract, but if Gibbs can control the number of races he runs next year I think they will limit it to Nationwide and in their cars only.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

hutch

Gen01, I think you are right, crashing at 180 is a big big factor.   thats part of what I was saying that in the old days the cars where king, now its more of the drivers as to what makes the show.  Lots of stuff plays into the psyc of the drivers and getting hurt is one of them.  Thats why I love watching the young bucks drive.  They have no fear and nothing holding them back.  Gordon back in the early 90s was unstopable and on fire.   I know kyle is a dumb ass kid and I dont think I would ever want him in my back yard eating BBQ but I sure love the show he puts on.

The thing wit me is I love Joe Gibbs because I am a life long Redskins fan and I think Joe Gibbs runs a killer team on and off the field.  But right now he has 3 young guns that can put on a hell of a show.

Dale JRs 88 Nationwide driver  'ski'  is another one thats going to rule the track in another year or so.  That kid is a hell of a driver.

400/6/PAC

I agree
Every time I get hurt doing something, I quit doing it.
A few head on's into the wall and these Guy's may not take so many chances.

hutch

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/bg/07/23/engine.rule.amendment/index.html

for all the Busch/Toyota haters.   Looks like NASCAR is going to reduce Horse Power on Toyota blocks for nationwide.

472 R/T SE

I'm the last one to be complaining about Yota's being restricted but where was this concern last year when Hendrick Chebbees were dominating?

hutch

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 24, 2008, 11:48:59 AM
I'm the last one to be complaining about Yota's being restricted but where was this concern last year when Hendrick Chebbees were dominating?

well back when racing was racing, teams did what they could to improve horse power.  Now its all about whats "fair".  I wait for the day when stock car racing returns.

Chargen69

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 24, 2008, 11:48:59 AM

they werent dominating because they had more horsepower per say, they dominated because they had more money to get both types of cars ready at the same time.

oh, I was not a hendrick fan last year (I am this year though) :2thumbs:

hutch

Well that sucked....

why do they dimond cut the track if it eats tires and brings our a yellow every 10 laps.  Indy cars dont have to deal with that do they?

General_01

That had to be the most exciting race I have ever watched. ::) Goodyear really screwed the pooch on this one. :RantExplode:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

68rt

heres some pics from the brick yard

68rt

Quote from: 68rt on July 27, 2008, 09:06:18 PM
heres some pics from the brick yard

68rt

heres  some more

68rt

and 1 more cant wait for michigan in august :2thumbs:

DodgeByDave

My report from the Hickyard Snore Hundred

1) 10 lap heat races

2) empty seats

3) AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH Goodyear and Napcar

4) Scalpers complaining "I'll Take anything"

5) Leaving at lap 80, and getting home to watch the rest of the debacle by lap 84

If I had paid for that, I would be pissed.
III, we are everywhere

JT01

I use to love nascar just like pro wrestling but anymore to me they are the same you know pretty much know out of some of the drivers who will win. I dont even like watching it anymore its boring.

hutch

I dont think Nascar should even entertain the idea of coming back to that track.  Lots of great short tracks that gave up a second race or racing all together so Nascar could expand its reach into the Yankee relm.  I say bring back Rockingham !  Bring it back home.