News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

Dick won't be Trickling down for breakfast (sad story, actually)  :rotz:

"Retired race car driver Richard "Dick" Trickle, 71, died Thursday from an apparent self inflicted gun shot wound, according to the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office. The incident occurred at 12:02 p.m. at Forest Lawn Cemetery on Highway 150 East in Boger City. The Lincoln County Communications Center received a call apparently from the victim that "there would be a dead body and it would be his." Communications Center workers tried to place a return call to the number but did not get an answer. The first emergency units arriving on the scene located the body lying near the victim's pickup truck. Trickle was a Lincoln County resident and had lived there since the early 1990's.(wbtv.com)
Trickle was the 1989 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Rookie of the Year, started 303 Cup races with 15 top-fives [with a best finish of 3rd, five times), 36 top-tens and 1 pole (Dover 1990).(Racing-reference.info)(5-16-2013)"
http://www.jayski.com/news/pages/story/_/page/NASCAR-related-deaths-sad-news
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ponch ®

as tragic as this is for him, his family, friends, and fans...am I the only one who feels bad because I chuckle every time I read/hear his name (even in these terrible circumstances...)?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Budnicks

So So Sad, sorry to hear about the death of Dick Trickle, may he Rest In Peace now, I was told he supposedly was suffering from deep depression over the death of his granddaughter or something along those lines... My deepest heartfelt condolences, go out to his family & friends, even his race fans, for their loss....  :brickwall:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

A383Wing

it's exciting watching qualifying for the All Star race tomorrow night with no pit road speed limit

Bryan

400/6/PAC

Good for Carl to run Dick Trickle name and number on His car.
Thats awsome :2thumbs:

A383Wing

yup...great for Carl

I laughed so hard when the 48 slid through his pits

(I think I hurt myself doing it)

Aero426

Dick making a rare appearance in a Mopar.   This is Bay Darnell's Charger at Milwaukee, about 1973.

A383Wing

just finished watching the All Star race....

son-of-a-b!tch!!

nvrbdn

Quote from: A383Wing on May 18, 2013, 11:02:57 PM

son-of-a-b!tch!!

i agree :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

Quote from: nvrbdn on May 19, 2013, 12:41:40 AM
Quote from: A383Wing on May 18, 2013, 11:02:57 PM

son-of-a-b!tch!!

i agree :rotz:

x2 was very boring over all. mostly just had it on for sound
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Budnicks

It would have been ok if it didn't end up just another JJ win.... I was routing for #78 Kurt Bush he had a bad last pit stop & it killed his chances...

A383Wing

watching qualifying for the Coke 600....JJ had the pole for 5 minutes...then Kyle bumped him off

Bryan

Budnicks

20 cars & Kyle Bush is still on pole.... Kevin Harvick just made a decent qualifying run 3rd... In my pool I have Harvick for qualifying, Brad K. & TS/Smoke in the race for points...  :popcrn: Kurt Busch 203mph down the back stretch... 195mph average, new track record & #1 pole for now, didn't last long Denny Hamlin broke the record again, I guess the old track record, it was broken 7 times, 5 before Kurt Busch in qualifying..

nvrbdn

Quote from: Budnicks on May 23, 2013, 06:52:35 PM
20 cars & Kyle Bush is still on pole.... Kevin Harvick just made a decent qualifying run 3rd... In my pool I have Harvick for qualifying, Brad K. & TS/Smoke in the race for points...  :popcrn: Kurt Bush 203mph down the back stretch... 195mph average, new track record & #1 pole for now

:2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

Denny got the pole....good for him

A383Wing

gonna watch the Coke 600 today live....I'm watching the Indy 500 right now....I'm about to fall asleep....and I thought the Nascar races were boring

Bryan

djcarguy

is it fox this week an what time??anyone help ,thanks :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs:

watching indy now ,did caught the end of monte carlo race ,looking for nascar too round out the b-day.

A383Wing

Todays race is on FOX....start time is 2:30 Pacific time

Bryan

JB400

I'm bored with the 500 as well.  I hope the 600 isn't this dull

A383Wing

unfortunately, it probably will be...Charlotte is a wide track, many lanes, and the longest race....

Bryan

djcarguy

Thanks for info bryan.  have time between races to go get my free b-day mexican dinner,woo hoo..   Have a great   Memoryal weekend guys an gals an beeee safe if traveling..dj :cheers: :2thumbs:

JB400

Enjoy the birthday meal dj :2thumbs:

At least Kanaan won the 500.  He deserved the win

A383Wing

Quote from: djcarguy on May 26, 2013, 02:19:56 PM
  have time between races to go get my free b-day mexican dinner,woo hoo.. 

Taco Bell?

A383Wing

boring race...but the guy with the hula-hoop is funny...I am amazed he can do that and still stay on the roof of that motorhome with possibly all he has had to drink

Bryan