News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerboy69

Yea, Bowyer sure screwed it up for Ryan, the race was his, I never did like that guy.  If I were Ryan a little payback would be heading Clints way, and more than just once.

Of course NASCAR knows what happened, heck I watched the race from my recliner in Indiana and I knew what happened. Oh well.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

nvrbdn

yep, exactly. boyer cheated. then he attempted to blame jr. 

well newman is free to inflict punishment to waltrips whole team now.   but he probably wont.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

General_01

I agree that it stinks for Ryan, but this has been going on since Nascar teams have been in existence. Heck, somebody on here was saying how they thought Martin wasn't being a good teammate to Ryan because he took two tires and beat Ryan out of the pits and then took his line away. So if he did get out of Ryan's way, that would have been OK, but Bowyer spinning out to help his teammate is wrong. :shruggy:

Don't get me wrong. I have been bitching about teammates helping teammates since the beginning. Watching drivers block so their teammate can win(even when they are laps down), intentionally spinning to facilitate a restart to help a teammate who is in second but is 5 seconds behind the leader, a driver wrecking a low level team car to bring out the caution, etc. It's all the same BS.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

chargerboy69

Quote from: General_01 on September 08, 2013, 10:17:37 AM
I agree that it stinks for Ryan, but this has been going on since Nascar teams have been in existence. Heck, somebody on here was saying how they thought Martin wasn't being a good teammate to Ryan because he took two tires and beat Ryan out of the pits and then took his line away. So if he did get out of Ryan's way, that would have been OK, but Bowyer spinning out to help his teammate is wrong. :shruggy:

Of course it is wrong. . . Ryan is my driver and I am not the least bit going to be fair and impartial.  :icon_smile_big:

Ryan came in 1st.and lost the lead while pitting, his pit crew stunk all night.  So if Ryans crew could have stepped it up and got him out in front, Clints spin would not have even mattered.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

JB400

In regards to the caution, why did everyone pit anyway?  It was 5 laps to go.  Newman had the spot, and the dominant car at that point, he could have just stayed out along with 6 or 7 other drivers and could have won.

Anyway, Newman bashing his crew is just his way of making himself look forward to a fresh start with a new team next year.

chargerboy69

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 08, 2013, 10:58:17 AM
In regards to the caution, why did everyone pit anyway?  It was 5 laps to go.  Newman had the spot, and the dominant car at that point, he could have just stayed out along with 6 or 7 other drivers and could have won.

I agree totally.  If your crew is not the best, why give them a chance to F it up like they did. . . Should have stayed out.

--Gerald Ford

nvrbdn

everyone seen how much faster 4 tires were than none. the guys with fresh tires were on fire. for 3 laps could he have held the field off if he were the only one to stay out? who knows. i highly doubt it. as far as  martin taking ryans line. all he had to do was hold his line and make ryan go around. when ryan moved up the track, he went with him. almost like he was trying to hold him up. oh well, its over. i will quit the b^%chin. football is back, so i can adjust my frustration over there. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

chargerboy69

Quote from: nvrbdn on September 08, 2013, 03:41:03 PM
oh well, its over. i will quit the b^%chin. football is back, so i can adjust my frustration over there. :yesnod:

I agree, but my Steelers got spanked today.

So my football team is going to suck this year and my driver is out of the Chase.  :P  ;)

--Gerald Ford

thedodgeboys

Quote from: chargerboy69 on September 08, 2013, 11:01:36 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 08, 2013, 10:58:17 AM

I agree totally.  If your crew is not the best, why give them a chance to F it up like they did. . . Should have stayed out.

Speaking of new teams did anyone see Childress come over to Newman just before the start of the race?

nvrbdn

nope, missed it, but the rumor is that ryan will get the 31 next year. so it fits. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

wonder if Jeff Burton is gonna "retire" or look for a part time ride

thedodgeboys

Quote from: A383Wing on September 08, 2013, 09:00:46 PM
wonder if Jeff Burton is gonna "retire" or look for a part time ride
I'm hearing TV when the new network takes over???

A383Wing

I like him better than the Waltrip Idiots, or Rusty, or Dallenbach

thedodgeboys

At least NASCAR is looking into the spin....

UPDATE - NASCAR Investigating: With one suspicious snap of the steering wheel, Clint Bowyer changed the outcome of a race and maybe the championship, too. Accidental or intentional, his spin in the closing laps at Richmond International Raceway set in motion a chain of events that has shrouded the start of the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship and raised many questions about the potential for a race team to manipulate pivotal moments of a race. Now NASCAR is reviewing evidence to determine if Michael Waltrip Racing deliberately altered Saturday night's race, potentially costing both #39-Ryan Newman and #24-Jeff Gordon spots in the Chase, to benefit MWR driver #56-Martin Truex Jr.

JB400

I guess this is just like F1 and ALMS.  There are team orders, but no one will admit it, but yet, everyone knows about it.

v21hemicharger

Simple... Since it seemed to be team orders, fine each team driver 25 points and the one who spun out 100 points.  Both would be out and Newman and Gordon in.  And no one will ever do something like that again.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

chargerboy69

Well, the official announcement came today, but everyone knew it was going to happen.  Ryan to RCR, I thought Matt Borland was going with him though.  :shruggy:

Newman named to drive the #31 CAT Chevy for RCR: Richard Childress Racing has signed Ryan Newman to drive the #31 Caterpillar Chevrolet SS in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starting in 2014. Newman, 35, is a 17-time NSCS race winner with 50 pole awards to his credit; and is the 2008 Daytona 500 and 2013 Brickyard 400 champion. "This is a great opportunity for our team," said Richard Childress, president and CEO of RCR. "I am very proud to have Ryan in our #31 Caterpillar Chevrolet starting next year. We have high expectations for this #31 team. Ryan has proven himself to be a great driver and I'm looking forward to winning races with him. Luke Lambert will be his crew chief and the team is staying together next year. That team is building momentum to not only finish out this year strong, but to get even better in 2014. Ryan will be a great fit with CAT and RCR in many ways. He's an outdoorsman, a conservationist and is very familiar with CAT equipment as an owner of some of their products."
A native of South Bend, Ind., Newman earned an engineering degree from Purdue University in 2001. "I'm very pleased Richard and I were able to put this deal together for me to drive RCR's #31 Caterpillar Chevrolet," Newman said. "About five years ago, Richard and I talked about me joining RCR before I signed with my current team, but things just didn't work out. However, we were able to make it happen this time and I'm looking forward to the next chapter of my career. RCR has a long history of winning races and championships, and I want to add to that tradition. I am very excited to work with Caterpillar. They are a world-class company and I look forward to learning more about them. Since I'm already a customer of theirs, I can honestly say they make incredible equipment. One important thing I sincerely want everyone to know is how much I respect and admire Jeff Burton as a person and driver. He handled his recent announcement and situation with respect, class and dignity. We're going to finish this season strong with the #39 team and give it our all to win races. Then, I'll concentrate on working with Luke Lambert and the other members of RCR as we get ready for 2014." Announcements on sponsors in addition to Caterpillar will be made at a later date.
"We are excited to have Ryan Newman driving the #31 Caterpillar Chevrolet SS in 2014," said Greg Towles, NASCAR Program Director for Caterpillar. "Ryan's racing accomplishments are well known and, when coupled with his knowledge of machinery and passion for the outdoors, he aligns well with Caterpillar customers, dealers and employees."(RCR)(9-9-2013)

--Gerald Ford

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chargen69

Good for newman, but if I was tony or richard, I'd bless 10 weeks worth of payback

Chargen69

Oh and dont forget gordon, no i am not a fan, but him and clint already have history,  I'd look for more in the coming weeks.

JB400

Glad to hear Newman is heading to the 31.  I do hope that he doesn't have to play 2nd fiddle to Austin and gets decent cars and equipment.

Budnicks

Quote from: chargerboy69 on September 09, 2013, 12:49:11 PM
Well, the official announcement came today, but everyone knew it was going to happen.  Ryan to RCR, I thought Matt Borland was going with him though.  :shruggy:

Newman named to drive the #31 CAT Chevy for RCR: Richard Childress Racing has signed Ryan Newman to drive the #31 Caterpillar Chevrolet SS in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starting in 2014. Newman, 35, is a 17-time NSCS race winner with 50 pole awards to his credit; and is the 2008 Daytona 500 and 2013 Brickyard 400 champion. "This is a great opportunity for our team," said Richard Childress, president and CEO of RCR. "I am very proud to have Ryan in our #31 Caterpillar Chevrolet starting next year. We have high expectations for this #31 team. Ryan has proven himself to be a great driver and I'm looking forward to winning races with him. Luke Lambert will be his crew chief and the team is staying together next year. That team is building momentum to not only finish out this year strong, but to get even better in 2014. Ryan will be a great fit with CAT and RCR in many ways. He's an outdoorsman, a conservationist and is very familiar with CAT equipment as an owner of some of their products."
A native of South Bend, Ind., Newman earned an engineering degree from Purdue University in 2001. "I'm very pleased Richard and I were able to put this deal together for me to drive RCR's #31 Caterpillar Chevrolet," Newman said. "About five years ago, Richard and I talked about me joining RCR before I signed with my current team, but things just didn't work out. However, we were able to make it happen this time and I'm looking forward to the next chapter of my career. RCR has a long history of winning races and championships, and I want to add to that tradition. I am very excited to work with Caterpillar. They are a world-class company and I look forward to learning more about them. Since I'm already a customer of theirs, I can honestly say they make incredible equipment. One important thing I sincerely want everyone to know is how much I respect and admire Jeff Burton as a person and driver. He handled his recent announcement and situation with respect, class and dignity. We're going to finish this season strong with the #39 team and give it our all to win races. Then, I'll concentrate on working with Luke Lambert and the other members of RCR as we get ready for 2014." Announcements on sponsors in addition to Caterpillar will be made at a later date.
"We are excited to have Ryan Newman driving the #31 Caterpillar Chevrolet SS in 2014," said Greg Towles, NASCAR Program Director for Caterpillar. "Ryan's racing accomplishments are well known and, when coupled with his knowledge of machinery and passion for the outdoors, he aligns well with Caterpillar customers, dealers and employees."(RCR)(9-9-2013)
:Twocents: good fit for Ryan  :2thumbs:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: thedodgeboys on September 09, 2013, 04:45:15 AM
At least NASCAR is looking into the spin....

UPDATE - NASCAR Investigating: With one suspicious snap of the steering wheel, Clint Bowyer changed the outcome of a race and maybe the championship, too. Accidental or intentional, his spin in the closing laps at Richmond International Raceway set in motion a chain of events that has shrouded the start of the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship and raised many questions about the potential for a race team to manipulate pivotal moments of a race. Now NASCAR is reviewing evidence to determine if Michael Waltrip Racing deliberately altered Saturday night's race, potentially costing both #39-Ryan Newman and #24-Jeff Gordon spots in the Chase, to benefit MWR driver #56-Martin Truex Jr.
Of course the whiner Jeff Gordon will claim that, like none of the Hendricks teams never would think of pulled any of that kind of stuff, to get Jimmy or Jeff any of their championships or into the running at-least... It takes one to know one for sure  :Twocents: IMHFO it's just another good reason for NASCAR to drop the multi-car super teams...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Chargen69

well dropping the multi car teams is a dream that will never happen, the sponsors prefer them