News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on July 27, 2014, 12:49:34 PM
Whats a ticket price these days for a NASCAR race?
Minimum price for today's race is $49.  Maximum price is $159.  Parking, camping, and pit passes are extra.

http://secure.brickyard.com/Tickets/SuperWeekend.aspx

Ghoste

Is that typical for most races?

keith88

I noticed the empty seats as well, and was a little surprised. Can get expensive  i go to NH every fall with the cost of the hotel food gas ,etc it can cost quite a bit. This year to cut cost we are cutting a day out our self Used to go up Friday and back on Mon this year heading up Sat.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

keith88

Quote from: keith88 on July 27, 2014, 04:56:38 PM
I noticed the empty seats as well, and was a little surprised. Can get expensive  i go to NH every fall with the cost of the hotel food gas ,etc it can cost quite a bit. This year to cut cost we are cutting a day out our self Used to go up Friday and back on Mon this year heading up Sat.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Ghoste

Not a Sunday afternoon take the whole family event really anymore is it?  Of course no major sport is these days.

Ghoste

I tried that link Justin but I couldn't seem to find the attendance story.

nvrbdn

i read through it and basically it was talking about the attendance being down. the average attendance, blah blah blah.  tracks taking seats out.

i would not prefer to be at a race where you can only see a small part of the race. i like the smaller tracks where i can see all the action from my seat. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ghoste

I have yet to attend a NASCAR race so can't say which I prefer but I think I'd like to go to MIS just once to see a superspeedway one.

wingcar

You really need to attend at least one race to get a feel for what it's all about.  TV really doesn't do racing justice.  The "speed" just doesn't translate very well to the small screen.  (On the other hand at least you do get to see most of the action.  I remember going to Indy a few years back...all the cars were nothing but a burr, in fact the only car I could identify going by was Danica's due to the green paint).  I can't say I have or would attend a lot of races as it is much easier to kick back in the easy chair with a drink in hand that didn't cost a small fortune...not to mention the bathroom situration.  But, you need to experience the smell of rubber, and the noise (which can become painful without ear plugs)....at least once.
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Ghoste

Its strange in a way that I haven't yet.  I've been to the drags lotsa times, seen boat races, aircraft racing, F1, rally cars, hill climbs, truck and tractor pulls, monster trucks, bikes both flat track and Superbike, road racing, dirt track roundy round, ice racing, snowmobiles, even bicycles but never a superspeedway race.  And I'm only 2 hours or so from MIS.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

nvrbdn

right you are about seeing the action first hand. it is awesome with the cars flying by. we are trying to plan a road trip coming up to travel somewhere to watch a race. just have to figure out which track i want to visit.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

I think so as well.  Stenhouse needs to quick screwing around with Danica in back of the pack, and start moving forward.  I'm sure both him and Bayne can learn a thing or two from Martin.

JB400

:hah:  Johnson's having another bad day today

nvrbdn

hope Johnson can continue his non-success in the chase. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

wingcar

Quote from: TruckDriver on August 03, 2014, 05:40:14 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on August 03, 2014, 05:34:19 PM
hope Johnson can continue his non-success in the chase. :2thumbs:

:yesnod: :2thumbs: :smilielol:

I agree.................................big time!
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

400/6/PAC

Quote from: wingcar on July 29, 2014, 08:41:29 AM
You really need to attend at least one race to get a feel for what it's all about.  TV really doesn't do racing justice.  The "speed" just doesn't translate very well to the small screen.  (On the other hand at least you do get to see most of the action.  I remember going to Indy a few years back...all the cars were nothing but a burr, in fact the only car I could identify going by was Danica's due to the green paint).  I can't say I have or would attend a lot of races as it is much easier to kick back in the easy chair with a drink in hand that didn't cost a small fortune...not to mention the bathroom situration.  But, you need to experience the smell of rubber, and the noise (which can become painful without ear plugs)....at least once.

So true.
I live by TMS and go at least one of the two races there each Year.
You can even feel the cars rumbling.

thedodgeboys

At least that 32 million a year of my tax dollars I can see every week.   :brickwall:

Wasteful spending perhaps... It's crazy money

JB400

Ambrose wins at Watkins Glen in Nationwide

dfcharger

woo-hoo, go Ambrose, we are starting to plan a trip to the states next year for the
July Daytona race, we just hope he is still racing Nascars next year and not coming back to Australia to race v8 supercars.