News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargen69

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 03, 2014, 10:53:55 AM
well, i am not a gordon fan. cant stand the crying. and here it is in a nutshell. crying because someone didnt live by the jeffy code of conduct on the track that since jimmy wont win lets agree that gordon gets to win this year. boo hoo :'( :'(

drive your car jeffy. this sport isnt here to guarantee that a hendrick car has to win the championship.

cant stand logano either, but he did what he had to to keep his hopes alive. :yesnod:

:iagree:

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: Chargen69 on November 03, 2014, 11:50:57 AM
BORING

What he said.

Pretty much a JJ show.

Did get a bit interesting during the last few laps....... :yesnod:

Ponch ®

Gordon fan here (flame away...I was "one of those people" that got pulled into the sport in the 90's because of him), but I don't think Keselowski did anything wrong. Looked to me like JG came down on him, not the other way around.

On the other hand, its nice to see JG grow into one of the sports elder statesmen and shed the pretty boy / clean cut image a little and thrown down.

Im really waiting to see whats gonna happen if Gordon gets eliminated from Championship weekend and Keselowski gets in. I have a feeling the latter won't make it to the end of the race.

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

keith88

What Gordon did on the restart was to take off and try to get a run off the corner by going off the top down to gain speed Brad knew what he was doing new the hole was not going to be there long enough to use but did it any way.. .this is what is pissing off the other drivers not only Hendrick drivers. I can see many in this thread really hate them but there are a lot of other drivers out there that are going to race him the way he is racing the others and he wont be champion again because of it. No one makes out when you try and wreck your way to the lead ask Kyle!
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: keith88 on November 03, 2014, 12:08:54 PM
What Gordon did on the restart was to take off and try to get a run off the corner by going off the top down to gain speed Brad knew what he was doing new the hole was not going to be there long enough to use but did it any way.. .this is what is pissing off the other drivers not only Hendrick drivers. I can see many in this thread really hate them but there are a lot of other drivers out there that are going to race him the way he is racing the others and he wont be champion again because of it. No one makes out when you try and wreck your way to the lead ask Kyle!

Of course Jeff went up to get a run, he was trying to win.

Does that mean you feel no one else should also try to win? Hold back and let Jeff and JJ settle it amongst themselves?

I believe Nascar has rules against this......you know....the 100% rule. Drivers are supposed to go 100%.....not supposed to back off.....and change the outcome of the race.

By those rules, Brad was obligated to fill the hole Jeff left open.

As to your other point.....I don't hate drivers.....particularly Hendricks drivers. On a personal level.... JJ seems a decent guy. Like JR and Kasey. Really liked Newman.....even when he drove for Stewart-Hendricks. Even Danica....she has some talent.....and I don't blame her for the over attention.

Not a fan of Gordon, Stewart, or Harvic.

JMO....you have yours.....I have mine.

Indygenerallee

I did not watch the "race" and from the looks of the video of the fight I saw on Youtube that whole thing was pathetic, Might as well be watching WWE.....
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

nvrbdn

by what you say, any time a guy is taking the corner a little high to try to keep a little more speed on a short track, no one should stick their nose under neath him because they know that once he clears the corner he will want his spot back. i have seen jj and jr put their cars where there is no room. i have seen jeff bump in the corner to move a guy up the track. every guy out there does it. every one that wants to win forces the issue by making the other guys move out of the way. when its one of the "FAVORITES" doing it the announcers get real excited, and its "better not mess with so and so, or How long is he gona let that car sit there before he sends out a message to get out of my way?" well, one of the favorites made a mental error and wanted to blame someone else.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chargen69

by saying "the hole was not going to be there long enough to use but did it any way" you just admit there was a hole. All I am saying, that if i had a driver that didnt push it to the limit to win, he'd be fired

moparnation74

Quote from: Chargen69 on November 03, 2014, 01:30:54 PM

by saying "the hole was not going to be there long enough to use but did it any way" you just admit there was a hole. All I am saying, that if i had a driver that didnt push it to the limit to win, he'd be fired
:2thumbs:

Aero426

The fighting is low class and is getting predictable.

I'm not a big Brad fan, but he did what he is paid to do.   It was a pretty good hole and he went for it.   

Chargen69

Chargen69

what happened on the track was racing. wrong is kevin pushing a guy on probation into the reach of somebody who was not on probation

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: Chargen69 on November 03, 2014, 01:38:44 PM
what happened on the track was racing. wrong is kevin pushing a guy on probation into the reach of somebody who was not on probation

Then running.

Aero426

I don't understand Harvick injecting himself into the situation.

Chargen69

from sbnation.com

" 'There was a gap, it closed up,' Keselowski said. 'By the time it closed up, I was committed and I stayed in it. That almost won me the race. It hurt somebody else's day. That's a shame. But the reality is there was a gap.'
What option Keselowski chose was both obvious and correct. And if Gordon were being honest with himself, he would admit to taking the same course of action if in a similar situation. Instead, he chose to place full blame on Keselowski, which while universally popular, also happens to be erroneous."

Ponch ®

Quote from: Aero426 on November 03, 2014, 01:47:59 PM

I don't understand Harvick injecting himself into the situation.

Harvick's comments: YOU HAD SOMETHING TO SAY TO (BRAD) KESELOWSKI WHAT WAS THAT?
"I mean if you are going to run into people all the time you are going to have to fight your own fight, so I helped him get into it."

makes sense to me... :shruggy:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Ponch ®

keith88

All I'm saying is that i dont want to here no complaining when some drives though or over brad in the future Because that will happen. Personally i really dont care! :popcrn:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Chargen69

uh, brad has dealt with that before, ask carl edwards. 

if you dont care, why worry about what you hear?

Chargen69

JB400

Hendrick didn't seem too happy with Jeff. :scratchchin:

TruckDriver

I'd say he looked a little pissed off. I don't think I ever saw him that way before.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Chargen69

maybe that hug was a front for a quick come to Jesus meeting

dyslexic teddybear

Or a front for....."don't worry, the crews are going to take care of it"

Seriously, I doubt Rick would risk that. But, on the other hand, in the past ethic's were not really his strong point.

I'm not really into conspiracy theories, but Harvick's actions hint at a little more then one PO'ed driver and crew.

odcics2

What would Jeff have done if Brad was Dale Sr. ????   :nana:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?