News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith88

Quote from: 400/6/PAC on November 16, 2014, 07:30:25 PM
Great racing.
It wasn't clear to Me what happened to Joey.
Was it the jack Man or jack failure that caused the car to fall?
Car fell off the jack
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

472 R/T SE

I don't want to get this locked  :D  but this year's choice of the last few reminds me of that countrywide election we have every 4 years.  A whole lot of meh to choose from.

This new format might bring back fans like me that had enough of JJ winning every year.  And don't get me wrong, from what I've seen he's been a great champion off the track.

I like parity.  Records are made to be broken although I'm not fond of Petty & Senior's # of championships not being broken.  

Congrats to Stewart-Haas!   :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

you know what, I agree. even after making the chase, some cars end up pretty far ahead of the rest. in this new format, at each level, every one is back to even. if you make the cut, you have a chance. :2thumbs:

the only thing I have to say about the win is that it is another rick hendrick win. the first one in the celebration. stewart was off to the side :scratchchin: seems kinda odd. the owners of the team let mr hendrick be the first to congratulate the winner?  only if its really his team.

sorry tony, your just a front man to make it look legit. :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

wingcar

I think with all the "drama" Stewart has gone through this year, it was perhaps a show of class that he allowed his friend to take it all in for a bit before entering the picture.   I have no question as to this being his team (at least a part of it), and to get a Championship the first year with his good friend Harvick had to feel good.  And, it was nice to see Stewart smiling again after the year he had.  Plus, don't forget they beat team Hendrick outright as they use their motors.  Now if Stewart can get the performance of his and the other two drivers (Danica and Kurt) improved the entire organization would be much stronger.

Of the four final contenders, Harvick would have been my pick as the best Champion as he has wins to backup his Championship and has been strong all year.   Newman would have been my second pick, but only if he won the final race outright.  I like him, but I still feel a champion should be able to win at least one race all year.  Perhaps next year will be Newman's time.......

Bottomline, Don't change the chase as this was some of the best racing in years......
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

TruckDriver

Quote from: wingcar on November 18, 2014, 09:56:10 AM
Bottomline, Don't change the chase as this was some of the best racing in years......
:iagree:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

wingcar

Don't be surprised if NASCAR officials look at adding/changing the rules relating to the side shirts.  This year it got a bit out of hand with many teams pulling the shirts out upwards of five inches on their first pit stop.   Apparently many teams felt it would add side force and in some cases even down force.   One thing it definitely added was a real danger of cutting the tires of anyone who rubbed up against one of these cars.   
*(Shades of James Bond's DB-5 Aston Martin from Goldfinger) 

keith88

Yea your right there something needs to be done with that issue for sure! :iagree:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Chargen69

I say get rid of the side skirts all together, cut them up as high as you can get it and make the cars real trashy to drive

:2thumbs:

wingcar

Quote from: Chargen69 on November 21, 2014, 01:08:12 PM
I say get rid of the side skirts all together, cut them up as high as you can get it and make the cars real trashy to drive

Make them 4x4's ?   :D  (That would change downforce a bit...)

Stevearino

Quote from: Chargen69 on November 21, 2014, 01:08:12 PM

Everytime Nascar tries to make the cars drive trashy they always back off because the drivers all start to complain. The original goal of the COT was to create a platform that would rely on mechanical grip as opposed to downforce. The reality is that these cars have a massive amount of downforce compared to the Gen4 common template cars they replaced back in 06.

JB400

A cool paint scheme for BK:

Chargen69

great, let's bring over a bunch of crap from TNT that should make the broadcast good

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

TruckDriver

I guess I'm different then. I always thought TNT had the best lineup for announcers. The rest are eh.. I like Kyle Petty's announcing way better then D.W's. Other then that, I really don't care for any of the 3 guys in the booth during the races for NBC.

Rick Allen from the Truck series drives me nuts. He gets excited over the smallest things :P
Steve Letarte is a unknown for announcing.
Jeff Burton is a unknown as well. But I have seen him in the booth a few times, and he wasn't great.

This is NBC's lineup and what they will be doing....
Race Lap-by-Lap Announcer: Rick Allen
Race Analyst: Jeff Burton
Race Analyst: Steve Letarte
Pit Reporter: Dave Burns
Pit Reporter: Mike Massaro
Pit Reporter: Marty Snider
Pit Reporter: Kelli Stavast
Race Hosts: Krista Voda & Kyle Petty
(like the guys for Fox in the Hollywood Hotel)

Fox's lineup remains the same....
Race Lap-by-Lap Announcer: Mike Joy
Color/Analyst: Darrell Waltrip
Color/Analyst: Larry McReynolds
Pit Reporter: Matt Yocum
Pit Reporter: Steve Byrnes
Pit Reporter: Jamie Little
Race Hosts / Hollywood Hotel: Chris Myers & Michael Waltrip
Virtual Car: Jeff Hammond
Meteorologist: Rick Dickert

I'm really surprised that Dale Jarret or Rusty Wallace didn't move to one of the other networks.

This is a interesting read. It tells what the other ESPN announcers will be doing now with no NASCAR.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/time-transition-espns-nascar-personalities-144800888--nascar.html
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Chargen69

I guess my biggest problem with TNT was Wally d. so long as he as not coming over i will be ok

TruckDriver

See, I liked Wally D.. I loved his ride with Wally segments
PETE

wingcar

I like both Dale Jarrett and Rusty Wallace, I will actually miss them.  Some of the others I could do without.  But, then at times it was like watching Ego's going at it rather than interesting insight.....I really don't need to be told what I just saw, or what their opinion of a driver is....but then again that's sports boardcasting for you.

:Twocents:

Chargen69

Quote from: TruckDriver on December 08, 2014, 05:54:41 PM
See, I liked Wally D.. I loved his ride with Wally segments

his go to thing was to scream about something that wasnt even on camera.  irked me a lot

TruckDriver

NASCAR driver Vickers undergoes heart surgery

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nascar-driver-vickers-undergoes-heart-surgery-204354402--nascar.html

Brian Vickers underwent surgery to repair a hole in his heart for a second time, and the recovery period will cause him to miss the start of the 2015 season. Vickers said in a statement Monday issued by Michael Waltrip Racing that his previous health issues have given him ''a very keen understanding of my body'' that helped him recognize something wasn't right last week. Tests revealed his body was rejecting the artificial patch he received in a 2010 procedure to fix the hole in his heart.
PETE

TruckDriver

PETE

JB400

If Nascar would quit trying to compete with Football, or the other sports, and be a racing series again, maybe they wouldn't have the problems associated with them today.  And let the Busch bros. be the Busch's again.

Ghoste

TruckDriver

Quote from: JB400 on December 16, 2014, 11:53:26 PM
If Nascar would quit trying to compete with Football, or the other sports, and be a racing series again, maybe they wouldn't have the problems associated with them today.  And let the Busch bros. be the Busch's again.
:iagree:
PETE