News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

Quote from: wingcar on March 05, 2015, 03:18:55 PM
Driscoll wanted to destroy his career and she may have done just that, but only time will tell.  God knows Kurt's been working towards that end with no help from anyone.  In the mean time the question remains...what team would want someone with his past behavior issues?  He's already driving for a second tier team, and no first tier team will touch him....plus he's already been through three of those.  And, with Chevy stating that they want nothing to do with him, it leaves him with only Ford or Toyota teams as his hope for a ride. 
The ways are going for him this year...I don't see his anger management issues going away soon...

I do hope he can overcome all the issues and return to racing, but he has a long road ahead of him and that road has a lot of potholes in it.......

Second tier? That team (SHR) just won the Championship last season and 3 years before that as well.

You do make a good point...maybe this latest thing wouldn't have f-ed his career so bad (and NASCAR/Sponsors would have taken it easier on him) were it not for his extensive history of anger/behavior issues. In other words, he did it to himself.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

JB400

Perhaps, she wants it to look that way :scratchchin: even if it's not true.

On another note, I think he's still employed by SHR, but just not recognized by Chevy.  He could still end up back in the 41 after his suspension is lifted.

Kurt still suspended:  http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/nascar-issues-statement-on-kurt-busch-224517521-nascar.html

thedodgeboys

Looks like Chevy will back Kurt after NASCAR reinstates him. They are just covering there ass.

Chevrolet Vice President of Performance Vehicles and Motorsports Jim Campbell said the company has not reinstated its personal services agreement with Busch. "Our relationship with Kurt Busch remains unchanged," Campbell said in a statement. "He remains suspended, and we will continue to monitor all aspects of this situation."

JB400

Pretty good finish in the Infinity series

A383Wing

yea, I wish Blaney would have put Dillon in the wall after that block

TruckDriver

It was so exciting, I slept through most of it. I don't like that track at all. California is just as boring  :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

I was lucky enough to just catch the last 30 laps.

TruckDriver

It is nice to see the #48 & #24 having a awesome race today  :D  :smilielol:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

Quote from: TruckDriver on March 08, 2015, 04:49:05 PM
It is nice to see the #48 & #24 having a awesome race today  :D  :smilielol:

:smilielol:   :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

good runs for Truex and Newman. kept it exciting at the end. just nothing for the 4.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

yea, he outran everyone....when he's on a rail, he's hard to beat

TruckDriver

PETE

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

Slept through it and missed the whole thing.

TruckDriver

:lol:
PETE

TruckDriver

Keselowski crew chief placed on probation for rest of season

Paul Wolfe on probation for the rest of the 2015 season after NASCAR caught Team Penske pulling out the fenders on Brad Keselowski's car before qualifying at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Keselowski's car was pulled from the qualifying grid right before Friday's session began and sent back to inspection because NASCAR said the fenders by the wheel wells had been flared. It was a point of contention last season as NASCAR did not have a specific rule banning the flared sideskirts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/keselowski-crew-chief-placed-probation-rest-season-030150995--nascar.html
PETE

wingcar

I guess NASCAR felt that pulling out the fender made the car look to much like a production car..... :D
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

keith88

For all you Keselowski fans out there... Cheater! :bawling:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

MoparCharger500

I expect another a** kicking from Harvick this w/e!!!!
70' Charger 500 383 BB in process of restoration (SOLD sadly)

03' Dakota R/T

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

MoparCharger500

I'd wait till Nascar themselves says something or Jayski reports it.

EDIT: Fox Sports is now saying it along with Bleacher Report. KURT BUSCH IS BACK!!!!!

03' Dakota R/T

Ponch ®

Quote from: MoparCharger500 on March 11, 2015, 11:45:04 AM
I'd wait till Nascar themselves says something or Jayski reports it.

hence my "if true" disclaimer  :laugh:

MoparCharger500

Per Jayski:

The following is from Stewart-Haas Racing executive vice president Joe Custer regarding NASCAR's reinstatement of driver Kurt Busch.
"We appreciate the steps Kurt Busch has made while following NASCAR's process for reinstatement. He has taken this path seriously, which allowed him to return to our race team. With his reinstatement and the conclusion by the Delaware Attorney General to not file charges, our focus is on the future."(SHR / TrueSpeed Communications), Stewart-Hass says Busch will return to the #41 this weekend at Phoenix.(3-11-2015)

Hell yea!!!!! This just made my week.

03' Dakota R/T

wingcar

Now the question becomes.....should he win a race this year will NASCAR allow him into the "Chase" since he missed several races....(I would think that they should, all things considered)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

JB400

Glad to hear Kurt is back :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Time to quit fooling around with the crazy ex girlfriend, and win some races.