News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

Quote from: TruckDriver on February 20, 2012, 04:21:23 PM
New Dodge Charger to be unveiled at Las Vegas

http://www.nascar.com/news/120220/2013-dodge-cup-series-car-las-vegas/index.html?eref=/news/headlines/cup

The 2013 Dodge Charger that will be run in the Sprint Cup Series beginning next season will be unveiled Mar. 11 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway following the driver's meeting prior to the running of the Kobalt Tools 400.

Ralph Gilles, Dodge's president and CEO of street and racing technology brand and motorsports, said Monday that fans have been relentless in asking about when the new car for 2013 will be revealed. The 2013 race car will more closely resemble the version of the car that is available for sale to the general public, which was the main goal of the project, Gilles added.

"When we did the Nationwide Challenger in 2010, the response we got was, 'Hallelujah, finally the race car is looking a lot like the car we can buy and drive," Gilles said. "We've got two rear-drive muscle cars in the Challenger and a Charger, so it really fits NASCAR well."

"It's been tough to keep the covers on this car. We've been working on it for over two years, developing it."

Gilles said he is excited about how the car not only looks, but how it has performed to date in limited NASCAR tests.

"I'm very pleased with the way the car turned out," Gilles said. "I think people will be shocked. They won't believe their eyes when they look at what basically looks like a street car with some flat rubber on it. It will be interesting to see what the response to it is."

I like it, at least from that angle anyway, the front end/grill/fascia does look like it won't be very aerodynamic though...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

TruckDriver

All the cars next year, will be more street version looking. I dont think Nascar cares about the arodynamics as much cause it will slow the cars down a bit... for a while anyway
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Budnicks

Quote from: TruckDriver on February 21, 2012, 05:42:32 PM
All the cars next year, will be more street version looking. I dont think Nascar cares about the arodynamics as much cause it will slow the cars down a bit... for a while anyway

Yep that's another way to slow them down some, I wonder if it will make them push or oversteer or something, they will end up just compensating for some were else, I guess... It will be good to see cars more like the street versions, it's been way too long now...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Ponch ®

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on February 21, 2012, 02:15:52 AM

Nascar hasn't had real cars since the late 80s. I haven't watched a race since then.

Actually NASCAR hasn't had real cars since the late 60's.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

ChgrSteve67

Jeremy Mayfield says he is innocent

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/7599616/former-nascar-driver-jeremy-mayfield-says-innocent-theft-charges

Wow, I hope he is able to get his life back together someday. I always liked him as a driver.
But we all know sometimes people just loose thier course in life. Nothing good ever comes from gettng involved with drugs and one would think his Dr. would monitor and document any drugs (perscription or over the counter) he takes.
Not sure how you explain the posesion of 1.5 grams of methamphetamine.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on February 21, 2012, 06:40:48 PM

Not sure how you explain the posesion of 1.5 grams of methamphetamine.

He was on a diet & sleeping too much.

Nascar's just gonna have to let Mopar have a little more power to compensate for aerodynamics. 

400/6/PAC

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on February 21, 2012, 06:40:48 PM
Jeremy Mayfield says he is innocent

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/7599616/former-nascar-driver-jeremy-mayfield-says-innocent-theft-charges

Wow, I hope he is able to get his life back together someday. I always liked him as a driver.
But we all know sometimes people just loose thier course in life. Nothing good ever comes from gettng involved with drugs and one would think his Dr. would monitor and document any drugs (perscription or over the counter) he takes.
Not sure how you explain the posesion of 1.5 grams of methamphetam

:iagree:

400/6/PAC

Quote from: 400/6/PAC on February 06, 2012, 06:14:54 PM
I created a DC.com fantasy nascar team if anyone wants to play.
It is a private group for DC.com members.
The group name is DC.com and the password is Mopar.
Just go to espn fantasy and join or pm Me Your email and I will send You an invite.
:bump:

TruckDriver

The Daytona 500 is rain delayed now til 6pm Eastern time tonight (Monday) on the Fox network.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ponch ®

Quote from: TruckDriver on February 27, 2012, 02:29:17 PM
The Daytona 500 is rain delayed now til 6pm Eastern time tonight (Monday) on the Fox network.

maybe.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

nvrbdn

yea mabey. just seen the radar and there is another small storm west of daytona. but after that, hopefully it will be on. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Troy

Didn't NASCAR completely ignore the fans by using the generic "car of tomorrow" design in the first place? Is it any wonder that the fans like it when the car at least somewhat resembles the real thing?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

greymag

They are not stock cars------they are Nascars

djcarguy

they re starting now on fox,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,4 pm western time ,,,,later

nvrbdn

jimmy j. is out along with a few more on lap 2
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

montoya takes out the jet dryer. crazy night :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ponch ®

NHCharger

Too bad they had a rookie operating the Lull (large forklift). Looks like he didn't pick the trailer unit up high enough and left a nice gouge in the hot asphalt.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TruckDriver

Daytona 500 - Jet Dryer Crash - Fuel Fire - Juan Pablo Montoya
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tCHtZ6Tq0E
PETE

ChgrSteve67

Can you believe the driver of that jet dryer pulled out in front of Montoya like that.
Where do they get these track workers?
I think they should make him pay for that race car.

A383Wing

I think Montoya should pay for the jet dryer he wrecked..plus the track clean-up

Bryan

TruckDriver

Matt Kenseth won the race. It ended about midnight central time.
PETE

RallyeMike

Footnote in history:

Q. Who has lead a Daytona 500 race for the longest period of time?

A. Dave Blaney

:lol:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

400/6/PAC

Great race.
That was exciting.