News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Aero426 on March 01, 2012, 10:33:55 AM
Penske to switch to Ford for 2013.  

I don't think I can pull for R. Gordon.  :eek2:

While I don't like it, it's better than Toyota like was rumored all the time when they joined the series.  You can't help but wonder if Dodge isn't paying the teams again?

Quote from: chargerboy69 on March 01, 2012, 07:56:25 AM
While not a 48 fan, I do not dislike the guy either.  I do find it strange they have run this car before and NASCAR found nothing wrong with it.  I am not really sure if NASCAR is correct in their decision about this.  My guess would be there is more to the story then they are releasing at this point.

Question would be was that car inspected after it was ran before or are they all inspected nowadays.  I thought it was random inspections.   :shruggy:

If the car was inspected both times, that's pretty chicken shit.

Ponch ®

Quote from: chargermike on February 29, 2012, 06:10:16 PM
now juan has hit everything on the track. but damm what a cool crash. loved it.  my question to PONCH is how come mexicans fix everthing with bailing wire. glad that montoya was not hurt. he is a very nice guy.  this is why i love NASCAR. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

For the same reason rednecks fix everything with duct tape or clean jet fuel off a race track with TIDE. Because it's cheap, readily available, and it works.  :icon_smile_big:

Sucks to hear about Penske going to Ford. That leaves no top tier Dodge teams. Puts the manufacturer in the awkward position of revealing their new 2013 Cup car without a major team to run it. My guess is that they'll go after mid level Chevy or Toyota teams (Phoenix Racing, MWR) or try to entice a fledging owner by offering all types of support. Maybe Rusty will revive his NNS team and move it to Cup. And of course, Dodge could try to get Petty back.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

400/6/PAC

For the same reason rednecks fix everything with duct tape or clean jet fuel off a race track with TIDE. Because it's cheap, readily available, and it works.  :icon_smile_big:

I love duct tape  :2thumbs:
Especially 200 MPH duct tape

NHCharger

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 01, 2012, 01:44:13 PM
And of course, Dodge could try to get Petty back.

Dodge has approached Petty but I doubt they would switch back unless they are offered big bucks AND a promise from Dodge not to abandon them after two years. With all the ownership changes over the recant years I'd be leery of teaming up with Dodge.

Also, I am already F*CKIN* sick of the Danica coverage. Maybe if I found her remotely attractive that would help but she looks like a little boy with make up and long hair.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

nvrbdn

im not a danica fan. but whats happening is why they brought her up to the big time. she never proved herself in the nationwide series, but she draws attention.(taking it away from the real news makers) hopefully it will die down a little soon, cuz she is all they want to talk about. guess that throws a wrench in the jimmy,jeff,jr show. they would get interviewed finishing 32nd and skip the guy that finishes 4th. now its the danica show. hey danica, we noticed that when they anounced gentelmen and lady start your engines, you started right up and didnt wait. is there any comment on that? um uh yes i was right there hitting that button right when they said to because thats what ive been trained to do. ok guys you seen it here. her reaction time was great. now how about a danica pre race interview followed by a danica commercial.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

thedodgeboys

Next weeks unveiling of the new charger could be interesting next week in Vegas if they don't cancel it.  :shruggy:

I think they will pull out for 2 reasons this statement:
Our motorsports involvement isn't limited to NASCAR. We do value our NASCAR program and will be evaluating the opportunities available moving forward. As those opportunities materialize, we'll reveal our 2013 plans, not only in NASCAR but in other forms of motorsports."(Dodge PR)(3-1-2012)

Second: any team they bring on will need a motor program, only the super teams build the race motors these days. with no super team no motor program no middle level team can switch without a motor program.
Unless Dodge sets one up for them, unlikely  :brickwall: maybe they could buy the penske motor shop?  :nana:

Petty is so connected with roush its unlikely they could do it. If they did I don't think they would run upfront let-alone win.

Get your dodge gear this year before its all gone...  :'(

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

moparstuart

I dont see it happening , but who knows   :shruggy:  All that hoop la and no one to drive it .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TruckDriver

Yea, I dont see dodge staying in cup much longer. But I also think they shot themself's in the foot by not paying teams like Petty and stuff. They also need to have a better engine deal.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ponch ®

Quote from: TruckDriver on March 12, 2012, 12:44:12 PM
Yea, I dont see dodge staying in cup much longer. But I also think they shot themself's in the foot by not paying teams like Petty and stuff. They also need to have a better engine deal.

the "not paying teams" deal was during the bankruptcy / bailout crisis. Obviously Chrysler is in a better place right now. It's possible that Sergio could decide to pull the plug on their NASCAR effort, but I still maintain that theyre going to lure a couple of teams by making them an offer they can't refuse. As for the engine deal, maybe Dodge will do what Toyota did when it first moved up to cup and have one factory engine program to provide motors to all of their teams until some of them can get their own deal going.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

ChgrSteve67

Dodge isn't going anywhere

400/6/PAC

Good race RT Mike
186 ain't bad.

Budnicks

Great a win for Dodge & the Blue Deuce at Bristol, congrats to Penski Racing & Brad Keslowski {spelling?}
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

General_01

They should change NASCAR's name to HASCAR(Hendrick Association for Stock Car Auto Racing). ::)

They rescinded the 25 point penalty and the 6 week suspensions. The $100,000 fine was still upheld.

What a joke. How does NASCAR expect to have any integrity when they let a guy off who has repeatedly been caught cheating? Nice they had a former GM exec make the call. What a crock.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Budnicks

Quote from: General_01 on March 20, 2012, 04:21:49 PM
They should change NASCAR's name to HASCAR(Hendrick Association for Stock Car Auto Racing). ::)

They rescinded the 25 point penalty and the 6 week suspensions. The $100,000 fine was still upheld.

What a joke. How does NASCAR expect to have any integrity when they let a guy off who has repeatedly been caught cheating? Nice they had a former GM exec make the call. What a crock.
I guess that's why they say  :hah: "if your not cheating, your not trying"... Maybe the saying should be, "If your not cheating {Chad/Jimmy}, your not winning 5 championships in a row"

Aero426

What bothered me about the alleged infraction is that NASCAR never put the templates on the car to verify it was outside the box.    Also, the penalty was stiff considering the car never saw the race track at Daytona 2012.    The problem was found when the car was presented for an initial inspection. 

General_01

Quote from: Aero426 on March 20, 2012, 05:25:22 PM
What bothered me about the alleged infraction is that NASCAR never put the templates on the car to verify it was outside the box.    Also, the penalty was stiff considering the car never saw the race track at Daytona 2012.    The problem was found when the car was presented for an initial inspection. 

The template is made to go across the center of the c pillar. It sounded to me like the template fit there, but Johnson's team reworked the areas on either side of where the template goes. The teams have been told from the beginning that they cannot touch the car body. Also, I have no problem with the penalty. They brought the car there like that. It's not like they brought the car there and were going to replace the pillars before they hit the track.
496 stroker
4-speed

Budnicks

Quote from: General_01 on March 20, 2012, 05:34:13 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on March 20, 2012, 05:25:22 PM
What bothered me about the alleged infraction is that NASCAR never put the templates on the car to verify it was outside the box.    Also, the penalty was stiff considering the car never saw the race track at Daytona 2012.    The problem was found when the car was presented for an initial inspection.  

The template is made to go across the center of the c pillar. It sounded to me like the template fit there, but Johnson's team reworked the areas on either side of where the template goes. The teams have been told from the beginning that they cannot touch the car body. Also, I have no problem with the penalty. They brought the car there like that. It's not like they brought the car there and were going to replace the pillars before they hit the track.
Yep they knew damn well, they were cheating when the car came out of the shop, let alone in line at tech. or trying to cheat at least... The fine is chump change, just a slap on the hand...

grdprx

Man, that's bogus!  The point deduction got rescinded?!  Fines are meaningless in a multimillion dollar sport. Oh well, love to hate the 48.

nvrbdn

did they comment that they used the same setup in 2 races last year and wernt caught so it shouldnt count against them now? :shruggy: anyway, thought i heard something like that at the beginning of this whole mess. jimmy and the whole hendrick team is a joke. its the cheater the whinner and the cry baby all running under the same flag. cant stand any of the three. nascar failed me as a fan. why have rules if you can just keep crying until you get to someone that will just let it go. :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

General_01

Yes, they said they had raced it just like it was at Talledega. I guess that means if you speed down a street and don't get caught you can speed down that street forever "because you did it before and nobody said anything to me". That dumbass John Middlebrook screwed NASCAR big time by letting his good buddy Rick Hendrick off the hook. I watched "The Hub" tonight and pretty much everybody who is anybody in NASCAR is totally shocked by the ruling. What does that tell you?

I know one guy who is going to be totally pissed is Richard Childress. Clint Bowyer got hammered last year with a penalty during the Chase. He must not be on a first name basis with Middlebrook like Rick Hendrick is. ::)
496 stroker
4-speed

400/6/PAC

I really hate the decision by Nascar if JJ and his team were cheating.
I think that the Officials play faveriots some times, But I still like Nascar and there are a lot of good moral teams and drivers.

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 20, 2012, 06:46:10 PM
did they comment that they used the same setup in 2 races last year and wernt caught so it shouldnt count against them now? :shruggy: anyway, thought i heard something like that at the beginning of this whole mess. jimmy and the whole hendrick team is a joke. its the cheater the whinner and the cry baby all running under the same flag. cant stand any of the three. nascar failed me as a fan. why have rules if you can just keep crying until you get to someone that will just let it go. :rotz:
:2thumbs: Amen brother  :cheers:

Ponch ®

Cheating has always been part of the sport. Those of you who yearn for the good ol' days of the 60's and 70's tend to forget that cheating was even more rampant back then, and even praise the likes of Smokey Yunick. I say unless theyre doing something egregious (like running a bigger engine or something like that), let em be creative.

nvrbdn

i look back at the treatment that the other cheaters like waltrip got. you get caught you pay the piper. well you do unless you are on a certain team. michael waltrip and richard childress should be throwing a fit right now.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House