News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

true, true, true. you know, i dont like jeff gordon. i think hes a baby. just my opinion folks (or gordon fans). but when you see what has happened to him this year. he has had every bad luck thing happen to his team. he blew 3 tires in a race. he has been taken out in a wreck that had nothing to do with him. blown motors. (the jeff haters like me cheer when the tire blows so he loses points) but this guy has kept his cool this year and bit the bullet and was careful about what he said of others. that is the difference between him and kurt.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ponch ®

Like I've said before: one of the biggest complaints from NASCAR haters is that the drivers are too bland and lack personalities. Then when they do show personality, we chastise them.

IMHO, if anything Kurt should have been punished for the pit row deal a few weeks back - that was on track and put people in danger. But punishing him for being a dick off the track is ridiculous. And while his attitude towards the reporters is not exactly acceptable, they should that going up to him after something happened and asking him stupid questions is like asking a recovering alcoholic, after a particularly trying day, if he wants to grab a drink.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

chargerboy69

Quote from: Ponch ® on June 08, 2012, 03:15:19 PM
Like I've said before: one of the biggest complaints from NASCAR haters is that the drivers are too bland and lack personalities. Then when they do show personality, we chastise them.

IMHO, if anything Kurt should have been punished for the pit row deal a few weeks back - that was on track and put people in danger. But punishing him for being a dick off the track is ridiculous. And while his attitude towards the reporters is not exactly acceptable, they should that going up to him after something happened and asking him stupid questions is like asking a recovering alcoholic, after a particularly trying day, if he wants to grab a drink.

I agree, blowing though the pits is something he should have been thrown on probation for, and he was.  I think sitting him for this was a bit much.  He would not have been parked if he was not already on probation. The guy knows he is on this ice and probably should have just walked away.

Kurt is a great driver with a bad attitude.  And with sponsors hard to come by this year, if the sponsor wants you to dance, you better dance or someone else will be there to take your place.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

wingcar

Sorry, but I don't find the interview to be even the least bit funny.   Kurt knows better than to say off colored comments during an interview, even if it is "pay for view" as there are still young ones watching.   I guess Kurt finds Kurt funny....But for many it's goes to the core of Kurt's problem...he opens his big mouth before engaging his (small) brain.  He forgets that once something is said, it will be out there forever, and do you really think a sponsor wants to be associated with that kind of talk/person?   Has he learned nothing from his past experiences?   With all the issues he has had you would think he would hold his tongue.   Perhaps the only thing that will get Kurt's attention is when he can't get even a second tier ride and has to watch the races on the TV.

And, those that keep saying that NASCAR has watered down it's drivers and they no longer show any personally,  I disagree.  If a driver is a true "professional" he can still show his emotions without the use of four letter words.  Jeff Gordon is a perfect example of someone that should be perhaps the most frustrated driver out there....and he still comes across as very professional...even after a very bad day on the track.   Same with Smoke, as just a few years back he was NASCAR's bad boy, but he has learned that there are two ways to make your point...and yes he still shows his emotions....just not in an "out- of -control" style like Kurt.   And, even NASCAR's all time bad boy, Dale Sr. if he were alive today wouldn't act the way Kurt does because he was a professional driver.

The way Kurt is going, he will become just an unfortunate feet note in NASCAR if he doesn't start learning, and learning quickly how to act like a professional. :rotz:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Chargen69

ok, watched the race today, feel like i got to for some stupid reason...  anyway, GOOD GRIEF, i hate TNT's coverage of the race, I cant stand listening to Wally rant and rave about every little thing, like when the 88 and 24 came in to pit, HELLO, they were points racing, JR basically said that in the interview, good ole wally was blasting them for pitting over and over, to short sighted to understand, none of the guys that pitted wanted to risk running out of gas, which was a risk had it gone green to the end.  did they need to in the end, no, too many yellows after all. 

rant over
:brickwall:

time to mute the tv and run the radio for audio

chargerboy69

Quote from: Chargen69 on June 10, 2012, 06:24:50 PM
ok, watched the race today, ...  anyway, GOOD GRIEF, i hate TNT's coverage of the race,

Yep, TNT sure does stink.

Of course I rather hear them than the two dipsh!t Waltrip brothers on FOX.

Anyone notice the crowd today, or the lack of a crowd.  The main grandstand was half full at best.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

A383Wing

Quote from: chargerboy69 on June 10, 2012, 07:21:14 PM

Agreed....

Bryan

TruckDriver

Quote from: chargerboy69 on June 10, 2012, 07:21:14 PM
Quote from: Chargen69 on June 10, 2012, 06:24:50 PM
ok, watched the race today, ...  anyway, GOOD GRIEF, i hate TNT's coverage of the race,

Yep, TNT sure does stink.

Anyone notice the crowd today, or the lack of a crowd.  The main grandstand was half full at best.

I don't know, I like TNT's coverage better then Fox's. And Dover was only about half full too.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

General_01

TNT coverage sucked! I don't think they had one good replay of anything that happened on the track. Idiots!! :brickwall:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Chargen69

Quote from: General_01 on June 11, 2012, 04:06:36 PM
TNT coverage sucked! I don't think they had one good replay of anything that happened on the track. Idiots!! :brickwall:

:iagree:

wingcar

Well Kurt had his meeting with team owner (6-12)......and he still has a job....for now.  Lets see if Kurt has learned anything; although his track record for learning to keep his mouth shut isn't that good.   ::)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

TruckDriver

I wonder what the odds are in Vegas on him blowing up and loosing it again  :lol:
PETE

Ghoste

Not that I would listen to it but is there still a nationally broadcast radio version of NASCAR races?

nvrbdn

yes there is. once in a while on the way home from camping i will flip it on to see whos doing well. its a bit harder to follow :smilielol:  but it is on radio. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

Quote from: wingcar on June 13, 2012, 09:18:45 AM
Well Kurt had his meeting with team owner (6-12)......and he still has a job....for now.  Lets see if Kurt has learned anything; although his track record for learning to keep his mouth shut isn't that good.   ::)

I don't see him keeping his job with the car owner past this season

Bryan

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: Ghoste on June 13, 2012, 07:15:56 PM
Not that I would listen to it but is there still a nationally broadcast radio version of NASCAR races?

MRN? Yep.

Our local station dropped them a few years ago... :rotz:

http://www.motorracingnetwork.com/?homepage=true

BBD

TruckDriver

Quote from: Ghoste on June 13, 2012, 07:15:56 PM

MRN

http://www.motorracingnetwork.com/?homepage=true
PETE

Budnicks

Quote from: TruckDriver on June 13, 2012, 06:30:11 PM
I wonder what the odds are in Vegas on him blowing up and loosing it again  :lol:
It's his home town track isn't it ?? or was that Phoenix ??, I say 3 to 5 on saying something stupid to someone, at least about his meeting or suspension, if pressed by an obnoxious media person, trying to bait him into saying something stupid... There will be a line on it in the Las Vegas sports betting, for sure...  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

TruckDriver

Vegas is the Busch's home track.
PETE

TruckDriver

Kurt Busch has yet another altercation with a member of the media

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nascar--kurt-busch-has-yet-another-altercation-with-a-member-of-the-media.html

In his first interaction with the media following his one-race suspension for a verbal altercation with a member of the media, Kurt Busch had ... another brief altercation.

This time it came with ESPN's Marty Smith following Busch's third-place run in Saturday's Nationwide race. Per NASCAR rules, any driver who finishes in the top three is mandated to first talk with MRN Radio on pit road, then visit the infield media center. Busch skipped his pit-road obligation. When told in the media center that MRN had reported he'd left without fulfilling his obligations, Busch reportedly replied, "That's what everybody says, don't they?"

He then left the media center followed by a trail of reporters, including Smith, according to reports. Busch then told Smith to come over with a camera. When Smith did, Busch refused an interview, saying, "You ever hear of sarcasm?"

Busch later returned to the media center to say, "It was great to drive the car."
PETE

chargerboy69

Nice win for Jr. It had been a long time, and I really enjoyed seeing the guy get this win.

--Gerald Ford

miller

I thought you guys might like a few pictures I took when I was there.

And Denny Hamlin, LIGHTING IT UP!!!!

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

nvrbdn

fantastic job on the firey hamlin car. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House