News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Dumb question maybe, but what drugs are they testing for in NASCAR?  Is it just narcotic/ mood altering kinds of things or is it performance enhancing or across the board?

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: Ghoste on July 08, 2012, 12:09:22 PM
Dumb question maybe, but what drugs are they testing for in NASCAR?  Is it just narcotic/ mood altering kinds of things or is it performance enhancing or across the board?

Lots of things it looks like....

http://www.jayski.com/teams/drug-policy.htm

BBD

wingcar

Moon Shine.....the officials just can't get over their past history and still hold it over the drivers heads.......
Darn Revenuers.......  
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Budnicks

Quote from: TruckDriver on July 07, 2012, 10:50:22 PM
who knows. Maybe he ate something with poppy seads on it. That will make you fail a drug test too.
:2thumbs: Been there done that,  :brickwall: It happens allot more than people think, it comes out just like any other "opiate" in drug testing... I use to eat lemon cake poppy seed muffins allot, I had to take a random drug test, it came out positive, told the testers, I don't do any drugs of any kind, rarely even take any PX meds or even aspirin, they asked what my recent meals were, they told me to not eat the muffins, laced with poppy seeds, I tested 2 weeks latter, clean as a whistle, as I knew it would be all along...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

wingcar

Allmendinger suspended indefinitely by NASCAR

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- AJ Allmendinger, driver of the No. 22 car in the Sprint Cup Series, has been suspended indefinitely from NASCAR for violating the sanctioning body's substance abuse policy.
On July 24, Allmendinger was found to have violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 19 (NASCAR's substance abuse policy) of the 2012 NASCAR rule book.
As outlined in the rule book, NASCAR next will provide Allmendinger a letter outlining a process for reinstatement. By agreeing to the letter, he will be allowed to participate in the Road to Recovery Program.

*You would think that he would have learned from Mayfield's example........SAD

chargerboy69

I was just getting ready to post this too.

I don't understand what this kid was thinking.  PRS is a great organization and he blew it.

On the bright side, it will be nice to see Sam back in the car.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TruckDriver

I was just going to post this.... It is sad  :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

wingcar

IF I were to believe in "Black" Helicopters and such...I would believe that the die-cast Challenger Nationwide car I just found was an indication that Petty was indeed going back to Chrysler.   I found this 1:24 scale die-cast on the NASCAR.com Superstore site.  The description said it was released in connection with the Petty Documentary...."Petty Blue".   But why use a new Challenger when he is most associated with the Superbird or 3rd Generation Charger?  And, for that matter he drove a Pontiac for his last years in NASCAR which would be the car most fans would remember.   
Just saying, it looks interesting....or maybe I have been watching too much NCIS on TV.......   

Budnicks

what was the banned substance that A.J. was supposed to have taken ??... I still haven't heard what drug it was...

Ponch ®

Quote from: Budnicks on July 26, 2012, 02:43:19 PM
what was the banned substance that A.J. was supposed to have taken ??... I still haven't heard what drug it was...

NASCAR / the sanctioning body won't disclose it. Probably for a good reason (medical confidentiality - back in the 80s when Tim Richmond got suspended for drug use, NASCAR couldnt say that it was AZT, because they might as well be saying that he had AIDS). Even if it was something relatively tame (weed?), they can't come out and say it, because if the next guy gets caught and don't they reveal it, everyone will just assume that it's meth/coke/heroin, etc.

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TruckDriver

Quote from: Ponch ® on July 26, 2012, 03:40:46 PM

NASCAR / the sanctioning body won't disclose it. Probably for a good reason (medical confidentiality - back in the 80s when Tim Richmond got suspended for drug use, NASCAR couldnt say that it was AZT, because they might as well be saying that he had AIDS). Even if it was something relatively tame (weed?), they can't come out and say it, because if the next guy gets caught and don't they reveal it, everyone will just assume that it's meth/coke/heroin, etc.

Actually, they did......

Amphetamines caused Allmendinger's positive test: Suspended Sprint Cup driver AJ Allmendinger tested positive for amphetamines, his business manager confirmed Wednesday. Tara Ragan, the vice president of Walldinger Racing Inc., said Allmendinger was told when initially suspended by NASCAR on July 7 that amphetamines were found in his drug testing sample taken a week earlier. She said the term was so broad that she opted to refer to it as a stimulant. Brand names of medications that contain or metabolize into amphetamines include Adderall, Dexedrine, Dextrostat, Desoxyn, Didrex, ProCentra and Vyvanse. Amphetamines also are used recreationally as a performance enhancer, often referred to on the street as "speed." When overused, they can be psychologically and physically addictive. "With amphetamines, there are a whole slew of things it can be," Ragan told ESPN.com. "When we say we don't know what it is, what we were trying to ascertain is what is it in that grouping? In our head, we don't know. In fact, when the (medical review officer) first called and said he tested positive for amphetamines, the first thing we said was, 'What does that mean?'" Ragan said the hope is Dr. David Black, who runs Aegis Sciences Corporation in Nashville, Tenn., which tested Allmendinger's "A" and "B" urine samples, will help clarify that Thursday when Allmendinger talks to him to be assigned a health care facility for assessment. Meanwhile, Ragan said there are plans to have Allmendinger tested again by an independent laboratory to see whether amphetamines still show up in his system. "We weren't being evasive," Ragan said. "In my head, no, we didn't know what the drug was. Amphetamines was too general for us when trying to figure out what it is."

Chevrolet Camaro Will Debut in 2013 NASCAR Nationwide Series: Chevrolet will have a new entry in the NASCAR Nationwide Series in 2013: Camaro, the top- selling sports car in America, will make its series debut next February at Daytona International Speedway
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

472 R/T SE

Quote from: wingcar on July 25, 2012, 03:24:30 PM
IF I were to believe in "Black" Helicopters and such...I would believe that the die-cast Challenger Nationwide car I just found was an indication that Petty was indeed going back to Chrysler.   I found this 1:24 scale die-cast on the NASCAR.com Superstore site.  The description said it was released in connection with the Petty Documentary...."Petty Blue".   But why use a new Challenger when he is most associated with the Superbird or 3rd Generation Charger?  And, for that matter he drove a Pontiac for his last years in NASCAR which would be the car most fans would remember.   
Just saying, it looks interesting....or maybe I have been watching too much NCIS on TV.......   

Oh great   :down:

Budnicks

Quote from: TruckDriver on July 26, 2012, 06:27:40 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on July 26, 2012, 03:40:46 PM

Actually, they did......

Amphetamines caused Allmendinger's positive test: Suspended Sprint Cup driver AJ Allmendinger tested positive for amphetamines, his business manager confirmed Wednesday. Tara Ragan, the vice president of Walldinger Racing Inc., said Allmendinger was told when initially suspended by NASCAR on July 7 that amphetamines were found in his drug testing sample taken a week earlier. She said the term was so broad that she opted to refer to it as a stimulant. Brand names of medications that contain or metabolize into amphetamines include Adderall, Dexedrine, Dextrostat, Desoxyn, Didrex, ProCentra and Vyvanse. Amphetamines also are used recreationally as a performance enhancer, often referred to on the street as "speed." When overused, they can be psychologically and physically addictive. "With amphetamines, there are a whole slew of things it can be," Ragan told ESPN.com. "When we say we don't know what it is, what we were trying to ascertain is what is it in that grouping? In our head, we don't know. In fact, when the (medical review officer) first called and said he tested positive for amphetamines, the first thing we said was, 'What does that mean?'" Ragan said the hope is Dr. David Black, who runs Aegis Sciences Corporation in Nashville, Tenn., which tested Allmendinger's "A" and "B" urine samples, will help clarify that Thursday when Allmendinger talks to him to be assigned a health care facility for assessment. Meanwhile, Ragan said there are plans to have Allmendinger tested again by an independent laboratory to see whether amphetamines still show up in his system. "We weren't being evasive," Ragan said. "In my head, no, we didn't know what the drug was. Amphetamines was too general for us when trying to figure out what it is."

Chevrolet Camaro Will Debut in 2013 NASCAR Nationwide Series: Chevrolet will have a new entry in the NASCAR Nationwide Series in 2013: Camaro, the top- selling sports car in America, will make its series debut next February at Daytona International Speedway
Thanks for the clarification on the drug he was suspended for...

chargerboy69

Watching the Brickyard and noticed stands look 30 to 40 percent full.  :rotz:

I happened to be in Indy this morning and could not help but notice the lack of traffic on 465.  Roughly 5 years ago it would have been stop and go for miles.  Today, almost seemed lighter than normal traffic.  It is a cool track, but you are very limited in what you watch because the track is so large.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

A383Wing

the stands yesterday for the Busch race was maybe 20% full.....and that was only on the front stretch...all other seats were empty

Bryan

TruckDriver

I know, no one that owns a car in racing, or that drives the cars, likes accidents. But simply put, the lack of them is why NASCAR is so boring now. Crashes are excitement no matter how you look at it. That and there are like 8 guys that win all the races (like Johnson). I have seen drivers die in races locally, its not fun or entertaining. But like football, the game would not be enjoyed as much it they turned it into flag football, because we all wanna see the hard hits. Crashes add excitement. I like to see them as well as good ol' door to door racing. But like so many other people, it's boring watching cars just go in circles, and watching the same 8 cars win all year long. That's why short track racing is more fun, cause there is more beating and banging. Rubbing IS racing! I'm sure cost is a good part of it too though. No one can afford to go anymore. Just my  :Twocents:

By the way, I found out from a insider I know personally (his daughter works for one of the more famous drivers), that the cup cars got a new date coming in August Wisconsin at Road America starting either in 2013 or 2014. Most likely the Nationwide cars will be there too.
PETE

Budnicks

I will agree for the most part, Rubben is Racen, Nascar racing anyway, but just a bunch of guys, going in circles & wrecking every other lap & the constant restarts & 50-70+ yellow flag caution laps, on a 200-300 lap race, gets really old, really fast too, even at a short track race... Race fans that want to see nothing but a bunch of wrecks, aren't real race fans IMHO, just thrill/gore seekers, casual type fan, there's nothing wrong with great side by side racing, with-out any cautions, as long as it isn't, a boring ass train of cars or 2 car pairs, in the draft the whole damn 500 mile race, that gets really old, really fast too.... Like you said only really maybe 8 drivers/cars/super teams, will ever win, on any given race weekend, in all three races Trucks Nationwide & Cup, that gets old really fast too, I would like to see a different winner almost every week, I know that won't ever happen, but it would show, they actually have a competitive field, of all 43 cars... With only 20%-50% attendance at some races... People are hurting, the economy is in pretty bad shape & the core fan of Nascar is the regular blue collar working stiffs, that can't hardly afford to spend $50+ per/ticket/per/persons/per/day, with so many people out of work & struggling... Construction jobs are down like 70%, I read somewhere, there are a ton of Nascar fan in that group/segment of under/unemployed.... All just my opinions , I'm not trying to force my views on others...

472 R/T SE

I used to really like watching it.  Hoped to someday go to Daytona or Talladega.

But I give up after Jimmy Johnson started winning all those championships.  Sure, him & Kmouse are a great team but good gravy it sure gets old.

A383Wing

yup....I'm getting real tired of Hendricks teams as well

Bryan

thedodgeboys

Quote from: A383Wing on July 30, 2012, 08:10:59 PM

Bryan

You supose that's how everybody felt about Petty back in his day?

I do agree it needs more action not compleet wreckage to bring out the yellow just close hard racing.

If I had the solution I would sale it to na$car  :coolgleamA:

Budnicks

Quote from: thedodgeboys on July 31, 2012, 06:30:01 AM

Bryan

I do agree it needs more action not compleet wreckage to bring out the yellow just close hard racing.

Petty was a GOD, I'm sure some people thought that way, that he wins too much  :brickwall: with his 200 wins & 7 championships total as a driver, I wonder how everyone was thinking about all the wins Dale Sr. had & his 7 championships too, never 5 in a row though...

nvrbdn

jr. says it will be nice for a 2 car race between him and jimmy for the championship. and it wont matter who wins as long as  they win for their team.  :eek2:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

thedodgeboys

Quote from: Budnicks on July 31, 2012, 06:56:08 PM
Quote from: thedodgeboys on July 31, 2012, 06:30:01 AM

Bryan

Petty was a GOD, I'm sure some people thought that way, that he wins too much  :brickwall: with his 200 wins & 7 championships total as a driver, I wonder how everyone was thinking about all the wins Dale Sr. had & his 7 championships too, never 5 in a row though...

No Petty is a KING  :nana: :nana: :nana: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Sr... who cares  :shruggy:  :flame:

yah 5 in a row is hard to swallow from a chevy driver wish it were a Dodge  :coolgleamA:

too much of a good thing just gets boring sometimes like em or not I believe the cars are just to arrow dependent at the speeds they run and the cars so evenly matched to make for good racing. Without any comers and goers you just have follow the leader type racing except for the restarts.  :Twocents:

Aero426

Allmendinger released by Penske; statement by Allmendinger: Penske Racing announced today that AJ Allmendinger has been released as driver of the #22 Dodge Charger in the NASCAR Cup Series. Allmendinger was suspended indefinitely by NASCAR last week for a positive drug test. "Penske Racing fully supports NASCAR's substance abuse policy and we are disappointed with AJ's positive drug test results," said Roger Penske. "AJ is a terrific driver, a good person and it is very unfortunate that we have to separate at this time. We have invested greatly in AJ and we were confident in his success with our team. The decision to dismiss him is consistent with how we would treat any other Penske Racing team member under similar circumstances. As AJ begins NASCAR's 'Road to Recovery' program, we wish him the best and look forward to seeing him compete again in NASCAR." Sam Hornish Jr., will drive the #22 Dodge at Pocono this weekend and for the foreseeable future. Penske Racing will evaluate its options for a driver of the #22 car for the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup season.(Penske Racing)(8-1-2012)
Statement from Allmendinger: "Effective today, I have been released from Penske Racing as driver of the #22 Dodge Charger. I wish to thank Mr. Penske, Penske Racing, their sponsors, and especially all the of the #22 team for the opportunity they provided me and for their support in this difficult time. I also, again, would like to thank all the fans that really have been awesome through this. I apologize for the distraction, embarrassment, and difficulties that my current suspension from NASCAR has provided. As I stated last week, I have begun NASCAR's Road to Recovery program and look forward to using those resources and its completion to compete again in NASCAR in the near future."

chargerboy69

That kid sure pissed away his career.  He is a good driver, but I would be surprised if he gets another Cup ride soon, if at all.  He will probably get a Truck ride or maybe a Nationwide ride.  To many other good drivers out there without drug habits looking for rides.

--Gerald Ford