News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ponch ®

Quote from: chargerboy69 on July 29, 2012, 12:58:32 PM
Watching the Brickyard and noticed stands look 30 to 40 percent full.  :rotz:

Everyone loves to go on and on about Indy and it's history and tradition...but they forget the part about the actual racing being boring as hell. Do you know of anyone who actually sits through an entire Indy 500 race? Most of us watch the beginning and the last few laps. The 3 hour nap in between is nice.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

chargerboy69

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 01, 2012, 03:12:31 PM

Everyone loves to go on and on about Indy and it's history and tradition...but they forget the part about the actual racing being boring as hell. Do you know of anyone who actually sits through an entire Indy 500 race? Most of us watch the beginning and the last few laps. The 3 hour nap in between is nice.

I was next to the track on Sunday morning, had offers of over 30 free tickets, and still did not go.

And yes, I did get my 3 hour nap in my recliner during the race.  :2thumbs:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

moparstuart

Quote from: chargerboy69 on August 01, 2012, 03:34:01 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on August 01, 2012, 03:12:31 PM

I was next to the track on Sunday morning, had offers of over 30 free tickets, and still did not go.

And yes, I did get my 3 hour nap in my recliner during the race.  :2thumbs:
I was there and on the track before the race , had free tickets in the stands , but opted to drive right out after the parade lap and listen to it on the radio ,   9 hour ride home and all we were not staying .

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,93800.0.html

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

Had I not been completely beat from three days at the track and the time leading up to it,  I would have stayed longer on Sunday.   I watched the first 40 laps and went to get the trailer which was off site east of the golf course.  Got back into the grounds at half distance, got my car loaded and out with about 40 to go.  Watched the end at the hotel.   I would have enjoyed staying longer and watching from some different vantage points.     The Sunday morning arrival at 5:45 AM was rough on me.  

I am also amazed how rough the area is around the race track.   The trailer lot was east of the golf course and had 24 hour security.  There were project apartments within a few hundred feet of the lot.   This was not the worst one that I saw.  

This was a 100 year old school now boarded up on Lafayette.  Cool building.  

Typical of the houses on Tibbs just east of the track.   Nasty.

Budnicks

Quote from: thedodgeboys on July 31, 2012, 07:42:59 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on July 31, 2012, 06:56:08 PM
Quote from: thedodgeboys on July 31, 2012, 06:30:01 AM
Quote from: A383Wing on July 30, 2012, 08:10:59 PM
yup....I'm getting real tired of Hendricks teams as well

Bryan

You supose that's how everybody felt about Petty back in his day?

I do agree it needs more action not compleet wreckage to bring out the yellow just close hard racing.

If I had the solution I would sale it to na$car  :coolgleamA:
Petty was a GOD, I'm sure some people thought that way, that he wins too much  :brickwall: with his 200 wins & 7 championships total as a driver, I wonder how everyone was thinking about all the wins Dale Sr. had & his 7 championships too, never 5 in a row though...

No Petty is a KING  :nana: :nana: :nana: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Sr... who cares  :shruggy:  :flame:

yah 5 in a row is hard to swallow from a chevy driver wish it were a Dodge  :coolgleamA:

too much of a good thing just gets boring sometimes like em or not I believe the cars are just to arrow dependent at the speeds they run and the cars so evenly matched to make for good racing. Without any comers and goers you just have follow the leader type racing except for the restarts.  :Twocents:
:2thumbs:  :cheers:  :hah:  :slap: Amen Richard Petty #43 is & will always be "the KING"... 
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

wingcar

[/quote]
[/quote]

I went to the Indy 500 several years ago.  We spent most of the race walking around the infield and touring the museum.   Then we left early to avoid the traffic.  As for the race, all you saw was a burr of color shooting by...The only car I could recognize was the Go Daddy car because of its color.  (It was worst than watching a tennis match!)  One thing that really struck me was how "trashed out" the infield was.  The trash cans, without exception were overflowing with empty beer cars.  This was something I had never seen at a NASCAR race.  Somehow with all the "we're better" than the red necks from NASCAR, and because of their, we drive "real" race cars attitude....I would have expected more out of both the track and those attending.  I guess it was just my perception of Indy car races vs. stockcar races.   Most people were just partying with few watching the race.   It seemed as if the race was just an excuse for a party.  It was a real eye opener!  As for the neighborhood, well it wasn't the best...but many homeowners made money by allowing spectators to park on their front lawns....for a price of course.  I have no desire to go to another Indy 500, but I can mark it off my bucket list..........(Just my two cents...)  :Twocents:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Budnicks

I've been to Indy a couple of times, once each in the 70's, 80's & 90's, IMHO it's more of an event, than a race, allot of people attend like 250,000+, probably 1,000,000+ over a month, it's like a med/large cities worth of people, in one small 3-4 square mile area, everyone is just either getting drunk &/or are just slobs/pigs, most don't even try to hit the trash cans even, especially in the stands, they would need like 250,000+ trash cans, just to handle all the garbage, that is produced each day, there over nearly a month... The race is just a very small part & the climax of the event... Yes it's really freaken disgusting, I would think they would do more to keep it cleaner, especially in the infield areas, around the concession areas & restrooms.... I doubt I will ever go again...  I would imagine it's a logistics nightmare to keep up with the volume of people & issues.. :Twocents:

Aero426

Quote from: Budnicks on August 01, 2012, 05:29:18 PM
Yes it's really freaken disgusting, I would think they would do more to keep it cleaner, especially in the infield areas, around the concession areas & restrooms.... I doubt I will ever go again...  I would imagine it's a logistics nightmare to keep up with the volume of people & issues.. :Twocents:

It simply just isn't that way today.   It is a show place.   The infield spectator viewing area today is limited to turn three.   

472 R/T SE

moparts rumor mongers' said they heard:

Andretti from Indy car's planning to field a 2 car team.
Petty's coming back.
Furniture Row with Kurt Busch as one of the driver's.

And Penske's buying into Fenway Rousch & selling the engine shop to Mopar.  Sounds like Mopar will do like Toyota & build the motors for the teams.  If so, sounds like they'll need a bigger shop.

moparstuart

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on August 03, 2012, 11:44:07 PM
moparts rumor mongers' said they heard:

Andretti from Indy car's planning to field a 2 car team.
Petty's coming back.
Furniture Row with Kurt Busch as one of the driver's.

And Penske's buying into Fenway Rousch & selling the engine shop to Mopar.  Sounds like Mopar will do like Toyota & build the motors for the teams.  If so, sounds like they'll need a bigger shop.
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

TruckDriver

1 dead, 9 injured in lightning strike at Pocono

Lightning strikes at Pocono Raceway after a rain-shortened NASCAR race Sunday killed one fan and injured nine others, one critically, racetrack officials said.

Multiple lightning strikes occurred behind the racetrack's grandstands and outside one of the gates as fans were leaving, Pocono spokesman Bob Pleban said. It wasn't immediately clear how many of the fans were actually struck by the lightning itself or were injured by related jolts.

''Unfortunately, a member of our raceway family here, a fan, has passed away,'' Pocono President Brandon Igdalsky said in announcing the death. He provided no details about the victim but expressed condolences to his family.

The victim was in or near his car in a parking lot after the race had ended when lightning struck the car, Monroe County Coroner Bob Allen said. Bystanders performed CPR on the man, who had gone into cardiac arrest, until paramedics arrived, Allen said. They took him to the track's medical facility, where efforts to revive him failed. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.

More on the link...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pocono-10-injured-lightning-strike-232255957--nascar.html

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

Aero426

Ponch ®

Quote from: moparstuart on August 07, 2012, 11:30:20 AM
http://www.nascar.com/news/120807/dodge-leaving-nascar/

Dodge pulling out

that sucks for us Dodge guys. I dont think theyre pulling out as much as they simply didn't have much of a choice without any big teams to run their cars. Whoever is running Petty nowadays screwed this up big time. They could have gone back to Dodge and be the brand's flagship once again. Instead, theyre staying with Ford and with Penske back in the fold, Petty won't even be second banana.

Aero426

If Petty went to Dodge, and assuming a deal was worked out for engines, they would still have to expand to have their own chassis shop.    As a Roush affiliated team, their cars and engines are essentially provided to them turn key.  

I agree, it's bad news and a sad day.  

wingcar

Didn't see this one coming.....after all the rumors and Dodge developing a new car for 2013....
So much for all three "pony cars" meeting on the track in the Nationwide series.

1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: Aero426 on August 03, 2012, 07:43:11 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on August 01, 2012, 05:29:18 PM
Yes it's really freaken disgusting, I would think they would do more to keep it cleaner, especially in the infield areas, around the concession areas & restrooms.... I doubt I will ever go again...  I would imagine it's a logistics nightmare to keep up with the volume of people & issues.. :Twocents:

It simply just isn't that way today.   It is a show place.   The infield spectator viewing area today is limited to turn three.   
:2thumbs: Good it needed to be done...  :slap:

TruckDriver

It's sad. Pretty soon, it will only be Fords left. Then they will have their IROC cars again  :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Indygenerallee

I wonder when Hyundai will announce their intention to join Nascar......  Nascar sucks....
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

moparstuart

Quote from: Indygenerallee on August 07, 2012, 07:13:58 PM
I wonder when Hyundai will announce their intention to join Nascar......  Nascar sucks....
honda is next to join i'm sure with all there racing involvement already 

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed