News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

I agree...let Sam continue

Bryan

nvrbdn

i agree, sam is doing great. he has shown that he deserves a ride. thought newman was headed that direction, but want him to stay with tony. oh well, guess we will see.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

General_01

I think Newmans days are numbered now that Office Depot is pulling out. They were looking for one sponser before  at Stewart-Hass. Now they need two. The first sponsor they find is going to want to sponser a 3 time champion before Newman and sponsors aren't growing on trees for them any more. Just my  :Twocents:

Bummer for Hornish. He was doing a good job. Logano ain't that great. He was number 3 behind Hamlin and Busch. Now he'll just be number two behind Keselowski. Maybe it will work out better for him. Brad can teach him how to throw water bottles out to get a caution when he is losing. Maybe that will help him win more. :rofl:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

TruckDriver

Quote from: A383Wing on September 04, 2012, 08:29:59 PM

Bryan

I agree too. I dont like Logano at all.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

chargerboy69

Well, now that we are all in agreement it was a bad move, who is going to call Roger and tell him?  :icon_smile_big:

Quote from: General_01 on September 04, 2012, 10:26:22 PM
I think Newmans days are numbered now that Office Depot is pulling out. They were looking for one sponser before  at Stewart-Hass. Now they need two. The first sponsor they find is going to want to sponser a 3 time champion before Newman and sponsors aren't growing on trees for them any more.

Yea, not sure what they are going to do there.  Ryan and Tony are best friends, but if sponsorship is not available. . . . . . With this Penske ride filling up, if SHR does not find him a sponsor he may be running the Furniture Row start and park car.

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

chargerboy69

Just found this. Just a one year though?  :shruggy:

Newman re-signs with Stewart Haas? Ryan Newman has agreed to a one-year contract extension with Stewart-Haas Racing. The extension will ensure Newman is the driver of SHR's #39 Chevy through the end of the 2013 season. Newman and SHR have been involved in negotiations for several weeks. An official announcement from the team could come as soon as this weekend.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

nvrbdn

sweet. glad they worked it out. at least 1 more year anyway. :drive:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ponch ®

Quote from: chargerboy69 on September 06, 2012, 07:55:07 AM
Just found this. Just a one year though?  :shruggy:

Newman re-signs with Stewart Haas? Ryan Newman has agreed to a one-year contract extension with Stewart-Haas Racing. The extension will ensure Newman is the driver of SHR's #39 Chevy through the end of the 2013 season. Newman and SHR have been involved in negotiations for several weeks. An official announcement from the team could come as soon as this weekend.

Not sure how this relates to the fact that he only signed a one year deal, but isn't Danic*nt supposed to run full time w/ SHR next year? Even though shes a shitty driver, she is a sponsor magnet. Shell probably bring a big name or two (and a bunch of smaller names), and SHR as whole will benefit from it.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

JB400

The race is over and the Chase is on.  I don't think he can do it, but I got to give some support to Keselowski for being the only Dodge out there. :grouphug:
MWR (15, 56) They don't stand a chance. They have never been in the chase before.  If I had to pick, it would be Bowyer.
Phony Stewart is a wild card. :icon_smile_question:  If he gets on a role like he did last year,  then maybe. :-\
Roush (16, 17) Either one has a good chance of getting it.  I'm going to favor Biffle. :2thumbs:  He has won championships in the trucks and Nationwide, and is running pretty consistant.  He is also returning to Roush next year and Roush has probably learned from Edwards last year.
Harvick is not in championship mode like he was the last two years.
Hendrick (5, 24, 48, 88)I'm going to favor Kasey Kahne.  He has the fire and runs pretty consistant.  Hopefully, he has the luck. :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:
Gordon, doubt it. But, maybe. :icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question:
Dale Lsr. :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: No way.   :sorry:
JJ Everyones pick Not mine.  He's the reason I get up and do something else besides watch NASCAR.  He makes me  :eek2:.
Hamlin has the best shot. He has the fire, the consistancy, the winning crew cheif from last year, and lessons learned from two years ago.

My top four picks for the championship in order:  Hamlin, Biffle, Kayne, and unfortunately, JJ :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

JB400

Quote from: TruckDriver on September 05, 2012, 12:03:02 AM
Quote from: A383Wing on September 04, 2012, 08:29:59 PM

Bryan

I agree too. I dont like Logano at all.
Send Logano back to Nationwide.  He does better and he could use the experience. ::) :icon_smile_cool:

JB400

Quote from: Budnicks on September 03, 2012, 01:51:17 PM
How about the Keslowski {spelling ?} "water bottle" yellow, NASCAR said was for "other" debri on the track, Harvick was pissed...LOL... You see these "funny debri cautions" more & more now...
Don't forget Robby Gordons' rollbar padding.  That tops them all in my book

JB400

Just reading some past blogs.  Someone asked about building a vintage looking Nascar charger.  To get that raked look,  they leveled the chassis and cut out part of the firewall and along the rocker panels until they got to the back seat.   I ain't 100% positive, but I think they took out about 4 inches.  I read it in some past interview with Petty.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 09, 2012, 03:56:35 AM
How about the Keslowski {spelling ?} "water bottle" yellow, NASCAR said was for "other" debri on the track, Harvick was pissed...LOL... You see these "funny debri cautions" more & more now...

I thought they had little E on camera doing that?

General_01

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 09, 2012, 07:53:17 PM

No, they had little E admitting he spun on purpose to bring out a caution.
496 stroker
4-speed

JB400

It has been 4-5 years ago that Gordon done that.

Budnicks

:2thumbs: I agree
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: General_01 on September 09, 2012, 09:07:39 PM

No, they had little E admitting he spun on purpose to bring out a caution.
or wreck someone else on purpose to get a caution so they can pit too....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

JB400

Yeah, I've seen him do that plenty of times, but he's still everyone's favorite, almost everybody.  But not mine :eek2:

General_01

Damn! I was hoping Harvick would throw a water bottle out with 5 to go. Hate Keslowski. :rotz:
496 stroker
4-speed

Aero426

Brad looked like David Pearson pulling away on the last run.       

General_01

Quote from: Aero426 on September 16, 2012, 04:30:08 PM
Brad looked like David Pearson pulling away on the last run.       

Are you Dale Jarret? ;)
496 stroker
4-speed

thedodgeboys

JB400

:cheers: :cheers: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:  better than johnson :2thumbs:

A383Wing

Hemidog