News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedodgeboys

I think they are putting the names on the windshields so the fans can tell who's driving the car. With the sponsors changing every week no one knows who's in what car any more.

cdr

Danica is getting a divorce
Danica Patrick
Message from Danica Patrick to her fans: "I am sad to inform my fans that after 7 years, Paul and I have decided to amicably end our marriage. This isn't easy for either of us, but mutually it has come to this. He has been an important person and friend in my life and that's how we will remain moving forward."
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

TruckDriver

Quote from: cdr on November 20, 2012, 05:24:19 PM
Danica Patrick
Message from Danica Patrick to her fans: "I am sad to inform my fans that after 7 years, Paul and I have decided to amicably end our marriage. This isn't easy for either of us, but mutually it has come to this. He has been an important person and friend in my life and that's how we will remain moving forward."

That's it, I have to find her number, and give her a call and let her know I'm still single :nana:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nvrbdn

yep, better call her quick, jr. is probably already calling her. :nana:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

Maybe Jr. is the reason for the divorce :shruggy:  He isn't married either

nvrbdn

by the way stroker. i like that little video the best of all the ones youve had. thats pretty neat. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 20, 2012, 07:49:49 PM
by the way stroker. i like that little video the best of all the ones youve had. thats pretty neat. :2thumbs:
Thanks, I don't mind mixing it up a little bit.  I'm always open to suggestions and opinions

chargerboy69

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 20, 2012, 07:31:20 PM
yep, better call her quick, jr. is probably already calling her. :nana:

Nope,  Jr. is not married, but he has settled down with a young lady already.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

odcics2

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 20, 2012, 07:52:16 PM
Thanks, I don't mind mixing it up a little bit.  I'm always open to suggestions and opinions

Danica??   :shruggy:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

JB400

Quote from: odcics2 on November 20, 2012, 08:33:09 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 20, 2012, 07:52:16 PM
Thanks, I don't mind mixing it up a little bit.  I'm always open to suggestions and opinions

Danika??   :shruggy:
In a week or two.  Remind me.  Right now, I'm doing a favor for someone else :2thumbs:

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

Quote from: TruckDriver on November 20, 2012, 07:28:57 PM
Danica Patrick

That's it, I have to find her number, and give her a call and let her know I'm still single :nana:

it's posted in the commercials she does with Jr. He's hanging it from a pit road sign

Bryan

djcarguy

Brad is on letterman tonite,20th.

Ponch ®

Danica Patrick

And in related news, she blames the divorce on a slow pit crew and other drivers not giving her enough room going around turn 4.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TruckDriver

Truck Series headed back to the dirt

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/truck-series-headed-back-dirt-204827088--nascar.html

"NASCAR will go back to the dirt for the first time since 1970 when the Truck Series visits Eldora Speedway in Ohio. The July 24 event at the Tony Stewart-owned track in Rossburg will be a lead-in to the Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series races later that weekend at Indianapolis Motor Speedway."

Back to the dirt??? The trucks NEVER ran on dirt in Nascar.... lol!
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ponch ®

Quote from: TruckDriver on November 28, 2012, 06:51:59 PM
Truck Series headed back to the dirt

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/truck-series-headed-back-dirt-204827088--nascar.html

"NASCAR will go back to the dirt for the first time since 1970 when the Truck Series visits Eldora Speedway in Ohio. The July 24 event at the Tony Stewart-owned track in Rossburg will be a lead-in to the Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series races later that weekend at Indianapolis Motor Speedway."

Back to the dirt??? The trucks NEVER ran on dirt in Nascar.... lol!

I think theyre talking about NASCAR (at least the major series, and by that I mean "nationally televised") in general.

Either way, that sounds cool as f--k. You know a bunch of the Cup guys who started out in dirt tracks will try to get in on it, and some of the newer drivers who've only run on asphalt will do it too to prove something. 
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

thedodgeboys

That may be the hardest ticket to get next year.  :coolgleamA:

chargerboy69

Chevys new Cup car for this coming year.  The Chevy SS.  I think it looks kinda cool, the flared out fenders look sharp.  Much better than the COT they ran a couple years back.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Ponch ®

Quote from: chargerboy69 on November 29, 2012, 01:54:29 PM
Chevys new Cup car for this coming year.  The Chevy SS.  I think it looks kinda cool, the flared out fenders look sharp.  Much better than the COT they ran a couple years back.

its funny that the NASCAR version is being unveiled before the real car. Didn't Dodge do that too with the Charger in 04-05 though?

Anyway, most pundits believe this will be a rebadged Chevy version of the Pontiac G8, which in turn was a rebadged version of a Holden. Either way, V8 + RWD =  :2thumbs:

TruckDriver

I like it  :2thumbs:

To bad the real street one is 4 doors :P
PETE

Ponch ®

Quote from: TruckDriver on November 29, 2012, 04:51:31 PM

<------------  :lol:

wingcar

I heard something of interest on the NASCAR channel yesterday regarding the future of the Penske engine shop.  First off, remember that Ford wants all its teams to use engines that they supply... Roush/Yates built engines.   This being the case there is talk that the Penske engine shop will stay open and could supply Dodge engines to any team interested.   (Remember that Penske had not one engine failure last year on any of their Dodges).  As of right now there are no Dodge teams, but should anyone want to race a Nationwide or even Sprint Cup Dodge, there would be a source for engines available to them.  Odds are there will not be any Dodge teams, but I hope that perhaps someone will run a Challenger in Nationwide.   Bottomline, it will be interesting to see what happens to the Penske engine shop in regards to engines other than Ford since they are going Ford next year.   
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Budnicks

Quote from: TruckDriver on November 29, 2012, 04:51:31 PM

:shruggy: yep the street version has little to like
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 20, 2012, 07:47:17 PM
Maybe Jr. is the reason for the divorce :shruggy:  He isn't married either
:shruggy: hell I always wondered if JR was gay or something, hewas never around wemon, except his step mother Tereasa & his sister/manager, seeing him in a later post, he has a great looken' blonde gal...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks