News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Testing at Charlotte
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nvrbdn

looks like stewart haas made it too. my man ryan :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

I wonder if the common templates are still used with these new bodies?  I'm referring to the "Claw" as it is nicknamed

Ponch ®

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 12, 2012, 01:30:15 PM
I wonder if the common templates are still used with these new bodies?  I'm referring to the "Claw" as it is nicknamed

probably from the windshield on back (maybe even the hood).

They will, at least, probably have full templates for each make  (ie one for the Fords, one for the the Chevys, etc) to make sure all the cars within that model/brand are the same.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

JB400

Then they're taking a few steps back then.  They just went back to pre COT.  I'll wait until more info comes out next year to find out for sure.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Budnicks on December 09, 2012, 01:53:36 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 20, 2012, 07:47:17 PM
Maybe Jr. is the reason for the divorce :shruggy:  He isn't married either
:shruggy: hell I always wondered if JR was gay or something, hewas never around wemon, except his step mother Tereasa & his sister/manager, seeing him in a later post, he has a great looken' blonde gal...

Yeah, good thing he has money.   ;)

Budnicks

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 12, 2012, 07:40:08 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on December 09, 2012, 01:53:36 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 20, 2012, 07:47:17 PM
Maybe Jr. is the reason for the divorce :shruggy:  He isn't married either
:shruggy: hell I always wondered if JR was gay or something, hewas never around wemon, except his step mother Tereasa & his sister/manager, seeing him in a later post, he has a great looken' blonde gal...

Yeah, good thing he has money.   ;)
yep it's funny how having allot of money does that...LOL...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

TruckDriver

Brad Testing the new Fusion
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Budnicks

Quote from: TruckDriver on December 26, 2012, 10:23:05 PM
It's cool, but it ain't no "2013 Charger"...LOL... too bad, so sad
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

nvrbdn

so, lined up on the track, is the new nose flatter into the wind than the older model? doesnt seem too aerodynamic. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

If Nascar's goal was to make the race car look like the street car, and the street car looks like that, I'm not going to get one anytime soon :eek2: I can understand Kenseth leaving a Ford if they look like that :eek2:

Danny Gutierrez

[/quote

Not to start a scene but am I truly the only guy here who is broken hearted?  I am an open minded person but to see brad in a ford offends me. I  am a manufacturer race fan. You will never see Gordon or Jr. Switch muanufacturers. I guess my brand of choice doesn't have that kind of loyalty. I will NOT watch attend NASCAR events. If there is no mopar to cheer for then I have no business being there.

1969 Dodge Charger, second owner.  The first owner was my Dad.

thedodgeboys

Quote from: Danny Gutierrez on December 27, 2012, 04:55:01 AM
[/quote

Not to start a scene but am I truly the only guy here who is broken hearted?  I am an open minded person but to see brad in a ford offends me. I  am a manufacturer race fan. You will never see Gordon or Jr. Switch muanufacturers. I guess my brand of choice doesn't have that kind of loyalty. I will NOT watch attend NASCAR events. If there is no mopar to cheer for then I have no business being there.

It's not like Brad had a choice, Dodge pulled out dumping all us fans, it's hard to be loyal to a brand that dosent care or get it.  :brickwall:

I'll never get rid of my old iron but it's hard to be loyal when shopping new cars.  :slap:

thedodgeboys

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 26, 2012, 11:51:51 PM
:eek2: I can understand Kenseth leaving a Ford if they look like that :eek2:

I think Kenseth left for the money mostly and to get away from Edwards :rofl:

chargerboy69

I think the car looks kinda cool.  Since I am not brand loyal, I do not care what the kid drives.

Quote from: nvrbdn on December 26, 2012, 10:35:53 PM
so, lined up on the track, is the new nose flatter into the wind than the older model? doesnt seem too aerodynamic. :shruggy:

I was thinking the same thing.  It kind of reminds me of the flat nose they ran when the Charger first came out.  The car ran great in the open, but did not run good in traffic. You started seeing Ryan an Kasey getting out their 3 year old Intrepids. Dodge was not happy about that one.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

JB400

[/quote

I think most of us on here are brand loyal.  I for one, routed for Dodge just like most do for a driver.  I don't blame Dodge for pulling out, I blame Penske for giving up on them.  I have high hopes of Dodge returning in '14 or 15.  I pay attention to manufacturers, but I do also keep an eye on who has talent.

Danny Gutierrez

Quote from: thedodgeboys on December 27, 2012, 07:28:19 AM
[/quote

Not to start a scene but am I truly the only guy here who is broken hearted?  I am an open minded person but to see brad in a ford offends me. I  am a manufacturer race fan. You will never see Gordon or Jr. Switch muanufacturers. I guess my brand of choice doesn't have that kind of loyalty. I will NOT watch attend NASCAR events. If there is no mopar to cheer for then I have no business being there.

I may be wrong here but

It's not like Brad had a choice, Dodge pulled out dumping all us fans, it's hard to be loyal to a brand that dosent care or get it.  :brickwall:

I'll never get rid of my old iron but it's hard to be loyal when shopping new cars.  :slap:

Didn't Tony Stewart leave his Championship team when they switched manufacturers?  I am not a big Tony fan but I have always respected that move. Of course that may not be why he left but that was always my interpretation.
1969 Dodge Charger, second owner.  The first owner was my Dad.

JB400

Here's some of the paint schemes we will be seeing this year

http://www.jayski.com/news/schemes/story/_/page/2013-NASCAR-Sprint-Cup-Series-Paint-Schemes

odcics2

[/quote

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Finally, a guy who gets it and knows what a REAL MoPar guy is ALL ABOUT!!   Hats off to you sir.    :Twocents:   
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

chargerboy69

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 27, 2012, 10:42:11 AM

I think most of us on here are brand loyal.  I for one, routed for Dodge just like most do for a driver. I don't blame Dodge for pulling out, I blame Penske for giving up on them.  I have high hopes of Dodge returning in '14 or 15. I pay attention to manufacturers, but I do also keep an eye on who has talent.

If you read the quotes from Roger his main gripe was Dodge did not offer any help or support, something the other manufacturers offer.  That is one reason I was so impressed with Brads championship, they did it despite Dodge doing nothing. Personally I would have went with Chevy, but PRS had Ford before, so. . . . .  

"When we weighted the plusses and minuses of the opportunity, it was apparent to us that we need to win the NASCAR Sprint Cup championship. We have been trying to do it alone," Penske said in a conference call.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TruckDriver

That is the exact same reason Petty went to Ford. Dodge didn't offer no help, and didn't even pay Petty when they were supposed to. So he dumped them like Penske did.
PETE

JB400

Sorry, I must have overlooked that conference.  That was sort of the impression I have from what info I was told.  Thanks for the clarification. :2thumbs:  Maybe, Dodge will get their act together when they do return.

472 R/T SE

I know when news first broke, Brad was not too happy.  Seems he liked his catfish mouthed Dodge.   :2thumbs:

odcics2

Quote from: nvrbdn on December 26, 2012, 10:35:53 PM

2013 Fusion street car is .275 cd.      69 Charger Daytona is .290

Cars today are getting a lot of work done under the car with pans.

odcics2

Quote from: thedodgeboys on December 27, 2012, 07:28:19 AM
[/quote

It's not like Brad had a choice, Dodge pulled out dumping all us fans, it's hard to be loyal to a brand that dosent care or get it.  :brickwall:

I'll never get rid of my old iron but it's hard to be loyal when shopping new cars.  :slap:

The economy was one of the factors in Dodge getting out.  Penske wanted a 5 year contract, Dodge offered 3.   Roger bolted, leaving Dodge flat on their ass. 

While Dodge was out of Nascar from 1978 to 2001, I still was loyal to MoPar.  Still had vintage and new iron....   
Nascar is smoke and mirrors anyway with cookie cutter rules for everything.  Anyone notice that Nascar peaked and is on a downward decline in attendance?