News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

brad helped by pushing on the restart. carl had a good win. the flip is back. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

:2thumbs: I was hoping #2 Bad Brad would win, he was doing well for most the race, I have Tony & Brad in a Pick Em' game on FBBO forum... Danica started 40th finished 26th I think it was, even after smashing the wall, folding up the car, after a cut tire  :slap: , seems like allot tire issues there, not just for them... didn't Ryan cut a tire & slam the wall too... I wonder if it was a brake heat problem on their cars, blowing out the inner beads or something else, other than cut tires :shruggy:... IMHFO anyone but the Jeff or Jimmy show, to me is just great  :Twocents:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 03, 2013, 06:32:23 PM
brad helped by pushing on the restart. carl had a good win. the flip is back. :2thumbs:
:2thumbs:

nvrbdn

yep, i think it was the bead heating up causing the blowouts.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Aero426

Good article by Mike Mulhern on the 2013 NASCAR Dodge and what might have been.    It is still amazing to me that Dodge decided to reap nothing from a championship winning season.    For all practical purposes, they swept it under the rug and walked away.

http://www.mikemulhern.net/BreakingNow/remember-that-2013-dodge-what-might-have-been/

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 05, 2013, 08:08:07 PM
yep, i think it was the bead heating up causing the blowouts.
:2thumbs: me too

400/6/PAC

JB400

On that issue, I favor Hamlin.  Nascar crossed the line when they fined him.  Look at Kyle Busch, he won the first race in the COT car, and bashed it in victory lane.  I don't remember him getting fined.  I hope Hamlin wins his appeal.

Aero426

By fining him, NASCAR has made the whole world know of the "problem" with the cars.   They poured gas on it and lit the match.

400/6/PAC

I agree.
Hamlin has every right to voice His opinion.
25K fine is out of line.

He is on My NASCAR fantasy team, I hope He doesn't get suspended.

moparstuart

hamlins a little weasel  they should have fined him double that 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

A383Wing

Quote from: moparstuart on March 08, 2013, 05:45:09 PM
hamlins a little weasel  they should have fined him double that 

for what, speaking his opinion?

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on March 08, 2013, 07:20:06 PM
hamlins a little weasel  they should have fined him double that  

no just because hes a whiney brat and I hate him   :icon_smile_big: :nana: :nana:   oh and he drives a toyota too 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

odcics2

Quote from: moparstuart on March 08, 2013, 10:03:41 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on March 08, 2013, 07:20:06 PM
hamlins a little weasel  they should have fined him double that  

no just because hes a whiney brat and I hate him   :icon_smile_big: :nana: :nana:   oh and he drives a toyota too 

YEAH!    Anyone but me notice the race attendance began plummeting when they let "them forine cars" on the tracks???     :shruggy:

p.s. I heard that honda has tested a car for nascar...   :eek2:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

JB400

Congrats to Matt Kenseth for winning today on Sunday.  I was pulling for Kayne, but either one was ok.  At least we had some close racing here at the end.

TruckDriver

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 09, 2013, 07:01:45 PM
Congrats to Matt Kenseth for winning today on Sunday.  I was pulling for Kayne, but either one was ok.  At least we had some close racing here at the end.

:cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

400/6/PAC

Quote from: TruckDriver on March 10, 2013, 06:11:03 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 09, 2013, 07:01:45 PM

:cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
Yes
Good rece. :2thumbs:

A383Wing

I was rooting for Matt, seeing it was his Birthday and all...I like Kasey, but since he joined Hendricks, he's not one whom I root for anymore

Bryan

dyslexic teddybear

:iagree:

Not a fan of ANYTHING Hendrick.

JB400

Just because Kasey moved to Hendrick, doesn't make him a bad guy. I rooted for Martin when he was in the 5, and Busch as well.  He's about the only driver they have that doesn't really fit the cookie cutter mold over there for now.

chargerboy69

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 11, 2013, 07:06:00 PM
Just because Kasey moved to Hendrick, doesn't make him a bad guy. I rooted for Martin when he was in the 5, and Busch as well.  He's about the only driver they have that doesn't really fit the cookie cutter mold over there for now.

I agree, Kasey is one of my favorites, I don't care who he drives for.

Anyone ever listen to Kasey on the scanner at the track?  If the kid is having a tough race you would not want to have your kids listening. His language would make a sailor blush.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

A383Wing

yea..no kidding...he knows a few more words than I do...

I never said he was a bad guy....My wife & I have met and talked to him....he even has signed a picture of our Daytona when we were at his dealership in Enumclaw years ago....it's just I will not root for a Hendricks team

If it came down to a race between Kasey, Jr., the 24, or the 48, then yea, I would root for Kasey, but that's about it.

Bryan

JB400

Is it just Hendrick, or does everyone on here pay more attention to the owners and the cars, then who drives the cars?  For me personally, I'd rather follow the drivers.  I could care less who owned the cars, just as long as they provide good equipment to all their cars and not favor one in particular.  I guess Hendrick and Childress would fall into this group.  If there are any teams I follow, it'd be the Petty's and the Wood bros. more for a heritage pov.

A383Wing

For me, I follow the drivers, except for the 4 that drive for Rick....I'll root for anyone to beat Hendrick drivers, especially the 24 or 48 cars.

I was never a fan of Robby Gordon either, or Derrick Cope

I miss Kenny Schrader driving, along with others

Bryan

odcics2

Following the drivers, and not the car, is exactly one of the reasons Dodge dropped out...   :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?