News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedodgeboys

Dodge back  for 2014 maybe not

NASCAR funding story off target: Yesterday [Sunday], Allpar broke the news that Ralph Gilles had confirmed Chrysler's funding of NASCAR racing again. Unfortunately, while Mr. Gilles did say that funding for NASCAR had been approved, he was referring to the reasons why Dodge left NASCAR shortly before winning the championship last year, in essence saying that the budget was there for another season, but there were other reasons for leaving. In short, Mr. Gilles was quoted with the correct words but in the wrong context.
A Chrysler spokesman wrote, "Chrysler Group's decision to leave NASCAR competition at the end of the 2012 season was based solely on not being able to develop the correct structure to fit our overall business and competitive objectives." At the time Chrysler withdrew, Mr. Gilles said that Penske had offered a "one-stop shop" for engines, drivers, and sponsors that could not be replaced in a way that would allow SRT to race at the level that was desired, in the time available. Mr. Gilles was contacted by the spokesman, and confirmed that he did not say that funding had been approved for a new run, but was saying that funding had been approved for the current season, when other factors caused the company to withdraw.(allpar.com)(4-22-2013)

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

Major penalty for Kenseth after engine failed post race inspection.  Posted from Nascar.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Penalties have been handed down to the No. 20 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team as a result of rule violations discovered in the post-race engine inspection April 23 at the NASCAR Research and Development Center.

KENSETH WINS STP 400 IN KANSAS

The No. 20 car was found to have violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4J (any determination by NASCAR officials that the race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-5.5.3 (E) (Only magnetic steel connecting rods with a minimum weight of 525.0 grams will be permitted; connecting rod failed to meet the minimum connecting rod weight) of the 2013 rule book.

As a result of this violation, NASCAR has assessed the following penalties:

•    Crew chief Jason Ratcliff has been fined $200,000 and suspended from NASCAR until the completion of the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points events (a period of time that also includes the non-points NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race) and placed on probation until Dec. 31.

•    Car owner Joe Gibbs has lost 50 championship car owner points; the first-place finish from April 21 at Kansas Speedway will not earn bonus points toward the accumulated aggregate car owner points total after the completion of the first 26 events of the current season and will not be credited toward the eligibility for a car owner Wild Card position; has had the owner's license for the No. 20 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car suspended until the completion of the next six championship points events, therefore being ineligible to receive championship car owner points during that period of time.

•    Driver Matt Kenseth has lost 50 championship driver points; the Coors Light Pole award from April 19 at Kansas Speedway will not be allowed for eligibility into the 2014 Sprint Unlimited; the first-place finish from April 21 at Kansas Speedway will not earn bonus points toward the accumulated aggregate driver points total after the completion of the first 26 events of the current season and will not be credited toward the eligibility for a driver Wild Card position.

•    The loss of five NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Manufacturer Championship points.

moparstuart

Wow Nascar isnt screwing around   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

A383Wing

and if Hendricks team did that, it would be swept under the rug and covered up....

Bryan

JB400

Turns out, Toyota put lighter rods in Kenseth's engine, 3 grams lighter.  Maybe, Kayne would have won if Kenseth was legal.

Either way, Kenseth is running around just for the sponsors for the next 6 races.

TruckDriver

Quote from: A383Wing on April 24, 2013, 01:11:17 PM
and if Hendricks team did that, it would be swept under the rug and covered up....

Bryan

I totally agree with you...
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

moparstuart

Quote from: TruckDriver on April 24, 2013, 01:25:21 PM

Bryan

I totally agree with you...
and Hendricks is most likely running the same rods 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TruckDriver

They even got the winner of the truck race too. But not much for fines...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sauter-penalized-illegal-fuel-cell-152506008--nascar.html

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Johnny Sauter lost the Truck Series points lead Wednesday after NASCAR penalized him for an illegal fuel cell at Kansas.

Sauter was docked 25 points by NASCAR. It knocked him from first place into a second-place tie with Jeb Burton, 13 points behind new leader Matt Crafton.
PETE

dyslexic teddybear

Bryan

:iagree:

Have been using......NAShendrickCAR.....

Seems more correct now as NasHENDRICKcar.

A383Wing

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on April 24, 2013, 01:14:24 PM
Turns out, Toyota put lighter rods in Kenseth's engine, 3 grams lighter.  Maybe, Kayne would have won if Kenseth was legal.

Either way, Kenseth is running around just for the sponsors for the next 6 races.

It was only one rod...not all 8....after they checked the one rod that was out of spec, they pulled the other 7 and checked them as well...those were within specs.

It's a manufacturing issue, not a cheating issue

Bryan

thedodgeboys

Quote from: moparstuart on April 24, 2013, 12:56:24 PM
Wow Nascar isnt screwing around  

:iagree: dont jack with the motor guys...

It sucks because its such a small amount on one rod but a rule is a rule  :brickwall: sloppy import car builders gotta pay up  :nana:

as blueprinted as those cup motors are its sloppy craftsmanship in the balance shop.

Budnicks

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on April 24, 2013, 01:14:24 PM

:slap: seems something is a miss, it's not any real advantage, it's a disadvantage/out of balance, having one rod 3 grams light, there has to be much more to it, something more significant... I would think anyway  :shruggy:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

JB400

Bk's sponsor is REDDS.   I was thinking/ hoping it was somethin else

A383Wing

What the hell?? Was gonna watch the Busch race on TV tonight......it's not televised?

Schedule says "ESPNEWS"!!  what is that?

PS: Matt got the pole for tomorrow nights race...wonder if NASCAR is gonna inspect that motor before tomorrow?

Bryan   :brickwall:

TruckDriver

ESPNnews is channel 207 on Direct tv here.
PETE

A383Wing

I got Comcast Cable....it's channel 402 here...but it says I'm not authorized to receive it...

oh well

Bryan

Budnicks

it's on ESWHD here, on Comcast #726, but I'm watching the 2nd-3rd rounds of NFL draft mostly, just checking in on the race...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

TruckDriver

It's boring so far. Been mostly Harvek, Brad K, and Elloit Sadler changing off for the lead. Two crashed out, one red flag just to clean up the oil and stuff, but nothing major. They're at lap 149 now.
PETE

TruckDriver

PETE

TruckDriver

2 RCR crew members arrested for post-race fight

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Nelson Piquet Jr. was involved in a post-race altercation that led to the arrest of two crew members for Richard Childress Racing, his team said Saturday.
Piquet and RCR driver Brian Scott tangled on the track during Friday night's Nationwide Series race and in the pits after. Crews for both drivers confronted each other when Scott went over to Piquet's car, and Piquet shoved him and then kicked Scott in the groin.
''When I went to talk to him, he just pushed and shoved me and then kicked me below the belt,'' Scott said after the race. ''It's just a chicken move.''
Henrico County police said there was a fight in the motorhome lot that led to the arrests of two crew members. Michael Searce was arrested on two charges of misdemeanor assault, and Thomas Costello was arrested on one count of misdemeanor assault. They were released early Saturday.
''Several members of another race team confronted a group that included Nelson Piquet Jr., resulting in the arrest of two individuals from the other race team,'' Turner Scott Motorsports said in a statement.
Team owner Richard Childress said his crew members were on their way home when the incident occurred.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2-rcr-crew-members-arrested-post-race-fight-152432820.html
PETE

redmist

Quote from: TruckDriver on April 27, 2013, 04:54:51 PM
2 RCR crew members arrested for post-race fight

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Nelson Piquet Jr. was involved in a post-race altercation that led to the arrest of two crew members for Richard Childress Racing, his team said Saturday.
Piquet and RCR driver Brian Scott tangled on the track during Friday night's Nationwide Series race and in the pits after. Crews for both drivers confronted each other when Scott went over to Piquet's car, and Piquet shoved him and then kicked Scott in the groin.
''When I went to talk to him, he just pushed and shoved me and then kicked me below the belt,'' Scott said after the race. ''It's just a chicken move.''
Henrico County police said there was a fight in the motorhome lot that led to the arrests of two crew members. Michael Searce was arrested on two charges of misdemeanor assault, and Thomas Costello was arrested on one count of misdemeanor assault. They were released early Saturday.
''Several members of another race team confronted a group that included Nelson Piquet Jr., resulting in the arrest of two individuals from the other race team,'' Turner Scott Motorsports said in a statement.
Team owner Richard Childress said his crew members were on their way home when the incident occurred.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2-rcr-crew-members-arrested-post-race-fight-152432820.html

Had it been in a bar, Brian would have wiped the floor with that fella...
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

JB400

I was really hoping not to have the last caution, but glad to see Harvick win it. Actually surprised Montoya got a top 5.   My top 3 pix in my roster didn't fair too well.  All got involved in cautions.  Better luck next week.

A383Wing

I was rooting for anyone but Montoya....did ya notice who sponsored the 42 car? "Depends"..cause that driver is full of crap!

Yea for Harvick...looks like he was shot out of a cannon the last laps

Bryan

nvrbdn

harvick did come out of the pack well.kurt did well during the race, then got into a bump fest in the end. the wife was pissed  when they took the penalty back from kyle, (i told her i thought it was fair according to the rules) then she says, well then he better wreck.  he did.    im not a montoya fan either, so his streak continues. thats a good thing. ryan with 2 dnf's and his inability to do anything, has climbed into 16th place in the points. i guess alot now will depend on wednesdays announcement of how all the penalties will fall.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House