News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

I think "The Fix for #6" is in the works here

Budnicks

Quote from: A383Wing on June 11, 2013, 06:56:12 PM
I think "The Fix for #6" is in the works here
Yeah that's too funny & rimes even....  :shruggy:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

yea..I just saw that...damn shame...single father with a 5 year old son

JB400

That's sad to hear.  Was he even racing much this year in the Nationwide series?

chargerboy69

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on June 13, 2013, 12:15:07 AM
That's sad to hear.  Was he even racing much this year in the Nationwide series?

Not much. . . he did run a Cup car this last week in Pocono.

I have not seen any video of the crash, but there was nothing left of his car.  These guys hit the wall all the time at 180mph and walk away.  He was on a dirt track, how fast was the kid even going. . . not 180. . not half that. He must have hit at just that certain angle.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TruckDriver

I grew up in the world of open wheel modified's. Here they were basically sprint cars, with the back of the car having a rear that resembled a real car (I watched the car in the picture run for several years as a  '66 Corvette). But I am willing to bet, he snapped his neck, or hit his head in the flip so hard, it busted his helmet. I remember one driver dying locally when that happened to him. They don't have the same types of head restraints in them, and the head really bounces around in a flip. Tony Stewardt is going to be here Saturday night, a half hour from me racing a sprint car too at the track I pretty much grew up at.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: TruckDriver on June 12, 2013, 10:11:52 PM
Jason Leffler dies from injuries suffered at Bridgeport Speedway race

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/jason-leffler-severely-injured-small-track-wreck-015742662.html
That sucks way to young to die, but was doing what he loved... RIP Jason

A383Wing

Watching Cup qualifying at Michigan Speedway.....so far all have been 200-202+ MPH qualifying laps

:eek2:

A383Wing

Cousin Carl got the pole...202+ MPH   :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

kurt ran a pretty nice lap taking the second spot. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

I just saw on Speed, that Jason Leffler died from blunt force trauma to the neck. That is what I figured, happened.
PETE

TruckDriver

Gorden is done for today ...Sucks for Bobby Le bounty though
PETE

Budnicks

Quote from: TruckDriver on June 16, 2013, 12:25:07 PM
Gorden is done for today ...Sucks for Bobby Le bounty though
Great the 24 is out... Now if only the 48 can be taken out too...

TruckDriver

PETE

Budnicks

Look for 99 Carl Edwards to payback 78 Kurt Busch for the rub at the start too... Going back & forth between NHRA {my preferred Racing} & NASCAR

djcarguy

HAPPY FATHER DAY GUYS ENJOY THE RACES .  :cheers: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :cheers: LATTER DJ

Budnicks

Quote from: djcarguy on June 16, 2013, 12:57:43 PM
   HAPPY FATHER DAY GUYS ENJOY THE RACES .  :cheers: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :cheers: LATTER DJ
thanks you too

TruckDriver

Whelp, 3 out of the 4 Hendrick cars done for the day. Go figure the 48 still running  :rotz: :P
PETE

A383Wing

That's because he gets all the quality parts (or the cheating parts)

TruckDriver

Well, he finally bought the wall, but to late in the race to do much good in the points.  :P

It's good to see the Biff win again  :2thumbs:
PETE

JB400

Didn't watch.  Did I miss too much?  I did get to see Kayne wreck unfortunately, but that was it.  I spent time with Dad doing work around his house instead of watching, which made it worth it.

TruckDriver

3 out of the 4 Hendrick cars crashed, but Jr blew up. Kurt Bush hit the wall. that was pretty much it.
PETE