News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

i agree about the toyota, but when i see the "whiner/cheater" or the "cry baby" up front, i even root for the toyota to pass them. anyone please pass them. :D
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

Or wreck them...hell, I'll root for Montoya to wreck the 24 or 48 if he's next to either one of them while racing

JB400

Quote from: A383Wing on July 02, 2013, 12:14:12 PM
Or wreck them...hell, I'll root for Montoya to wreck the 24 or 48 if he's next to either one of them while racing
He's too busy looking for jet dryers let alone driving his car.  We could really use a Dale Sr. type of person again.  If it wasn't for Nascar slapping them so hard, either of the Busch bros. could fit this position.  Both of them have the win it or wreck it mentality.

djcarguy

what day and time are races this week??thanks. i wrote it down sunday but cant find the note now,,

i think 4th truck race??     an saturday the 6th nascar??evening what 6 eastern  3 pacific??  thank have a good 4th guys.

take care and drive safe ya alls.lattter dj :2thumbs: :cheers:

TruckDriver

The next truck race is SATURDAY, JULY 13 08:30 PM ET
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nvrbdn

cup race is sat night at 7:30 eastern- 6:30 central- 4:30 on the west coast. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

no truck race this weekend, Nationwide (or Busch for me) is Friday night, 4:30pm Pacific time, Cup race Saturday night, 4:30pm Pacific time

Bryan

TruckDriver

NASCAR confiscates roof flaps from 31 teams

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nascar-confiscates-roof-flaps-16-223512796--nascar.html

Thirty-one cars, including 16 in the Sprint Cup Series, failed inspection before Thursday's practices at Daytona International Speedway.

NASCAR confiscated the teams' roof flaps, which are designed to keep cars on the ground during spins and wrecks at high speeds, for further inspection. Penalties could be possible.

The cars involved included all three Joe Gibbs Racing entries (Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin and Matt Kenseth), all three Roush Fenway Racing entries (Greg Biffle, Carl Edwards and Ricky Stenhouse Jr.), all three Michael Waltrip Racing entries (Clint Bowyer, Martin Truex Jr. and Michael Waltrip) and both Roger Penske Racing entries (Joey Logano and defending series champion Brad Keselowski). Cars driven by Jamie McMurray, Trevor Bayne, Casey Mears, Marcos Ambrose and Aric Almirola also failed inspection.

The roof-flap spacers had been illegally machined down to reduce weight.
More in link provided.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

wonder how much of an advantage all that shaved weight would have given them?

this is getting ridiculous, the stands are half empty now, France and his Nazi inspectors are gonna run the sport right out of existence soon.

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on July 05, 2013, 04:23:03 PM

this is getting ridiculous, the stands are half empty now, France and his Nazi inspectors are gonna run the sport right out of existence soon.

look not a hendrick car in the bunch   :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:  thats the only reason they are cracking down
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

JB400

I wonder if the teams are the ones doing the machine work on the flaps, or the manufacturers of the flaps?  The teams don't make the body panels or other exterior pieces anymore.

A383Wing

Quote from: moparstuart on July 05, 2013, 04:28:26 PM

look not a hendrick car in the bunch   :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:  thats the only reason they are cracking down

wonder if JJ squealed like a pig? Maybe Hendricks had a hand in making them.

TruckDriver

Jeff Hammond said only a matter of grams for each car. There is no point of doing it to lighten the car. So he doesn't understand why they did it. It does make the parts weaker however.
PETE

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: TruckDriver on July 06, 2013, 09:14:53 AM

Jeff Hammond said only a matter of grams for each car. There is no point of doing it to lighten the car. So he doesn't understand why they did it. It does make the parts weaker however.

Less weight up top, lets them add weight low.......thus lower the center of gravity. Remember these cars are so close, a few grams moved could mean something. Jeff certainly knows this, curious, yes?

Also curious......all those cars "cheating"........but HMS and RCR show up with correct ones just before Nascar does an inspection?

Seem to recall JJ mentioning talking to Nascar about something......

TruckDriver

But grams he said would not make any real difference in anything
PETE

A383Wing

Watching Cup race at Daytona....stands are kinda empty....wonder why??

dyslexic teddybear

The teams KNOW those grams matter, otherwise why risk doing it?

Nascar must think the grams matter, they are enforcing the rules. Nascar may be doing it as a safety issue, and I give credit to them on that. They do pay attention to safety.

Certainly there's a reason for doing it.......

A383Wing

shit...again....  :RantExplode:

someone better be checking his damn car real good

odcics2

Happened to catch a bit at the end of the race.   WOW! Must have been boring! 
How many lead changes???    It was a JJ parade.   

p.s. Latest sales figures showed Dodge sales up and Charger sales up.  Guess they don't need Nascar...    :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

chargerboy69

Wow. . did Kasey take a hit.  I am guessing 10 years ago the kid would not have walked away.

Jimmy had the car to beat all night.  Say what you want. . the guy can drive and Chad is the best is the business.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TruckDriver

Anyone can win when they let JJ get away with cheating and more horsepower.  :P
PETE

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

JB400

Didn't watch the race.  Guess I didn't miss much.  Maybe, Nascar should hire new inspectors that aren't paid off.

dyslexic teddybear

Boring is an understatement.

First time I ever see the lead car pull away by itself from the draft at a restrictor plate track.

Cynical as I can be.....think Nascar  inspectors do exactly what they are hired to do.

A383Wing

Quote from: dyslexic teddybear on July 07, 2013, 07:34:07 PM

Cynical as I can be.....think Nascar  inspectors do exactly what they are hired to do.

yea, they are paid to look away at certain cars....I think "The Fix For Six" is underway